Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose (11247 Views)

Life History Of Baba Lamidi Adedibu / Edo: Ize-iyamu Is The Authentic PDP Candidate – INEC / Late Oyo-state Political Godfather Adedibu's Family Goes Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose by yahrant140(m): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
7 Years After: This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose, Who Also Reveals Why She Asked Doctors To Screen Him For HIV
Though Molete, a very lively part of Ibadan is not devoid of the usual hustle and bustle it has been known for over the past five decades, one thing is sure, the Strongman of Ibadan Politics, High Chief Lamidi Ariyibi Akanji Adedibu is sorely missed.
An irrefutable evidence of Baba Adedibu’s absence is the almost non-existent human and vehicular traffic right from the junction of his sprawling compound. Till he breathed his last in June 2010, one didn’t need to ask for description to Baba Adedibu’s house, all that was required was to follow the crowd from the junction. His influence, political and otherwise was simply overpowering. He belonged to the most exclusive club of Ibadan politicians, coming after the likes of the legendary Adegoke Adelabu Penkelemeesi , Chief Augustus Meredith Adisa Akinloye and the awe-inspiring Alhaji Busari Eruobodo Adelakun.
Things have, however, changed. Driving to the compound of the man that was instrumental to the emergence of three Governors of Oyo State and the “removal” of one, you will be confronted with locked gates, which was unheard of in Baba Adedibu’s lifetime.
Entering the compound, a look straight ahead, and one would see the vast compound on which an empty hall conspicuously stands. That was the hall where the fates of many politicians were decided. There, Baba held court for decades, hosting politicians, from Presidents to Councilors.
To get a feel of what life looks like without High Chief Adedibu, Parrot Xtra Publisher, OLAYINKA AGBOOLA, REMI AJAYI, WOLE ADEJUMO and KUNLE GAZALI were in Molete to interview Baba’s widow and Yeyeluwa of Ibadanland, Alhaja Modinat Abosede Adedibu.
Apart from reliving some memories of the late politicians (especially how he actually died), she told a story of neglect, especially how most of those who benefitted from Adedibu’s political dexterity have turned their backs on the family as well as how her husband was able to secure Bashorun Abiola’s bail while he was detained and why the bail was eventually rejected by the latter. Excerpts:
You have not been active in politics like you used to be, is it because of your husband’s death that you decided to join the ‘siddon look’ politicians?
I am still active. Remember we had an election not long ago and PDP lost. When things happen like that, you just have to lie low and think of the next step and the next line of action.
You had a senatorial ambition some years ago, are you still nursing that ambition?
No, I have forgotten about it. You know my husband was alive then, and with his intervention and that of so many other people, I decided to shelve it. And remember my son in-law was there then and I was sure he had the ambition of going back so I thought about it and felt if he says he wants to go again, I wouldn’t have an option than to support him.
How have you been coping since Baba passed on?
I don’t know why you journalists always ask that type of question (laughs). Baba Adedibu was my husband, he was my father but he isn’t my creator. Almighty Allah is my creator, so with God’s support, I am coping. Alhamdulillah.
One thing people would want to know is your relationship with your step-children, what is it like?
We have a very cordial relationship or have you read anything contrary in the papers? At least you journalists have a way of knowing things, so have you seen anything about my stepchildren and I in the newspapers? That is to tell you that we have a cordial relationship. An adage says ahon at’enu maa ja(even the tongue and the teeth quarrel at times) but aside that, we have a cordial relationship.
The public conception is that many of Baba’s followers have deserted the family. Do you feel disappointed?
I feel disappointed but why I will not say I feel disappointed is one with God is majority. For those who know that Baba Adedibu has helped them, they phone me but they are very few. Maybe 90% no longer come here; neither do they contact the family. Even the closest of them who Baba described with the words eyi ni ayanfe omo mi eni ti inu mi dun si gidigidi (this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased), he no longer asks after anybody.
If I continue to think about that, I will feel offended by so many people and I don’t want to feel offended because Baba Adedibu came to this world, lived a very good life, he conquered, even his enemies would pray to die the way he did. And look at his name now;I am sure you journalists must have really felt his absence.
In Baba’s lifetime, it was not as if they really loved him, but because they wanted to take something from him. I usually say this during interviews like this, look at our mama, Mama (HID) Awolowo, people are still going there, I am as young as mama’s grandchildren. I said it during an interview with Nigerian Tribune.
Re: This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
ehen
Re: This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose by Blizzle(m): 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
shocked
Re: This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose by kamair237(m): 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose by Realtol(m): 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
No synergy between the topic and the story.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Authentic Story Of How Lamidi Adedibu Died – Widow, Alhaja Bose by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
This was the same man that *Saint Obj* allowed to commit impunity while he looked away

(1) (Reply)

Brexit Puts $8bn Nigeria, UK Trade At Risk / Nigeria's Day Of Freedom Is At The Door, Says Vp Osinbajo / South West Will Shock Buhari On February 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.