Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active (951 Views)

See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / Young Bowen University Lecturer Dies 2 Days After Giving Birth (pics) / Sexually Active Nigerians Should Take HPV Vaccine- Expert Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active by fissie: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
remember eavesdropping on my mum’s conversation with a friend of hers when I was much younger. They were sharing birth stories and both of them agreed it was the most painful and life changing thing they had ever encountered. They talked about how the size of the baby might make the midwives decide to cut the vagina for easier passage. The picture that information left in my mind made me fear I would never be ready for the encounter. Imagine being stuck with sanitary pads for close to 30days at a go.

I was told by the doctor to wait for at least 6weeks after my child so you’d understand my horror when a woman shared how her husband slept with her six days after giving birth and it sparked a lot of debate. This coupled with other thoughts in my head roused my curiosity to know if there was a uniform time we all have to adhere to as women before our body feels ready.
- See more at: http://www.covenantrelationships.org/#sthash.RgmK8Ev3.dpuf
Re: How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active by shalomm: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active by TRADELYN: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
It's relative as some can start after few days while others have to wait for weeks.

Only the doctor could advise based on the state of her health.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active by Nuezha(m): 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
Medically, it's six (6) weeks for deliveries without any complication(s)

Other factors that could prolong sex after delivery are:

Mode of delivery: CS

Medical challenge faced by mother before, during, or after delivery: Hypertension, tear, blood loss, etc, and speed of recovery and healing of stitches.

Baby's medical uprightness: this may throw the couples (mother especially) into emotional stress and sexual unreadiness.

NB: CONSULT A DOCTOR PLEASE.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active by BRIGHTTAZ: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
Politically is fullness of time.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active by ammyluv2002(f): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2015
kilode100:
6 weeks??
I had sex the following day. Pack cottonwool inside your Toto and you are good to go.
Huh?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
kilode100:
6 weeks??
I had sex the following day. Pack cottonwool inside your Toto and you are good to go.

**coughs**

grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: How Long Should Women Wait After Giving Birth Before Getting Sexually Active by justright2015(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2015
Well irrespective of all the advise, it depends on the readiness of the woman. The flow that comes out of the woman needs to stop normally before sex can commence.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Prevent Malaria / A Woman Gave Birth In The Open Space Of Popular Oshodi Market (pics) / Anyone In My Shoes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.