Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon (1114 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo And Nneoma Okorocha At The Launch Of Elfreeda Foundation In Imo / Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) / Ambode At The Launching Of Dangote Foundation In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by Mc4larin: 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
Four-time world player of the year, Lionel Mess was hosted in Gabon on Saturday July 18th by the country's President, Ali Bongo, for the brick laying of their new 22,000 seat stadium. He was  chauffeur driven by the president himself around the streets of Libreville.

Messi officially started the building process at the Port-Gentil stadium, which will host Africa Cup of Nations matches in 2017. He came dressed in a casual pair of denim shorts and t-shirt

"When I was in Barcelona a few years ago, I met Messi who had told me that he would come to visit me in Libreville" said the Gabon president. "It's a promise he made me. He is a man of honour who just kept his word.".

There are reports that he was paid 3.5m Euros by Ali Bongo to make the appearance and it's causing a huge wahala in the country. More photos after the cut

Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by dustmalik: 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
If true, then this is African Madness.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by philGeo(m): 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
Book
Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by Mc4larin: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
dustmalik:
If true, then this is African Madness.

Seconded
Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by Beremx(f): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
I give up on African mentality. Just to use hand shovel and carry cement to paste on blocks,that's why the silly president spent 3.5million Euros to invite Messi to his country?

Lord have Messi on Gabon!

Lalasticlala
Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by okiezman(m): 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nawa ooo... president driving messi I shame for Gabon, they shouldn't be africans
Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by Jorussia(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
we don't always appreciate ourselves in Africa.we have African legends like abedi Pele,weah and others who would have done that for a lesser pay.
Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by AlabaSlim: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
I don't understand why the hate for Messi when African leaders are running to this same (10 Downing Street & West Ger.many) whites just like running to the USA for then to "OK" our fight against BokoHaram, so I ask again, Kini Big Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....How many of u know that for every $1, €1, & £1, etc these guys give us, they collect from us in million folds Nonsence

Hypocrites crying more than the bereaved!!!!!!!
Mtscheeeew

Messi carry on jooor.....utd for live noni

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by Symphony007: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
Won't be surprised if confirmed...African leaders are idiots. How many gabonese people would have lived a happier life with that money?
Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by oduastates: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nothing new here .
After all, Jonathan brought Beyoncé.
Dunderheads all over the place
Re: Lionel Messi Paid N756m To Come Lay Stadium's Foundation In Gabon by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Beremx:
I give up on African mentality. Just to use hand shovel and carry cement to paste on blocks,that's why the silly president spent 3.5million Euros to invite Messi to his country?

Lord have Messi on Gabon!

Lalasticlala
I support your comment, keep it up

(1) (Reply)

Photo- Look At What Iara Did To Oshiomole. / Photos: Undergraduate Killed By Suspected Cultist In Imo / Buhari, The Elephant Of Hindostan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.