Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. (14062 Views)

Photos Of The University Of Ibadan Student Who Jumped To Her Death / 18 Pictures That Describe Having The Worst Roommates At University / How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
Let me start by saying this, University of Ibadan is a school for serious and intelligent people, based on my observations of students that are found there and based on the level of technicality and difficulty of their tests and exams. I must say that it has been a real challenge to me being a student of University of Ibadan, I wouldn’t have survived it well if I hadn’t have previous experience from Bowen university which I left due to some accreditation issues for medicine and surgery.

I faced lots of challenges at UI(university of Ibadan) , which includes the overstretching of my intellectual prowess, I have never read in my life the way I read at UI, the school really made me to push my limits in terms of studying and assimilation capacity.

I had a lot to learn in so little time, so I had to strategize , learn smartly, discuss with my course mates, collect ebooks and lecture slides from people , and I try as much as possible to always read to understand because UI doesn’t give simple questions in exam that anybody can just answer after cramming.

I also noticed that best students from all over Nigeria usually pick UI as their school of choice, this is the school where you find a student with the best waec result in Nigeria, best result in NECO, best in Olympiad biology/physics/chemistry , this school is where genii come. So there is always an intense competition among students especially in the MBBS department that 95% of science students would pick as their preferred course of study. This is the school where giants fall, even those who were best in waec and all, would still face some difficulties in UI, this goes to show you that UI doesn’t tolerate mediocrity, if you were good at secondary school, leave it there and don’t think that is a determining factor at UI, although it helps in a way, that will be only in 100l.

Students are also given their freedom to take charge of their own life, they don’t control students’ lives, unlike private universities, and there is no seniority like someone in 400level trying to control someone in 100level unlike private universities.

University of Ibadan is also a very big and serene school, perfect environment for study, they have lots of infrastructures and very good lecturers too. The school is not boring as some people generally paint it to be,  if you want to live a boring life, its up to you, if you want a fun life it’s also up to you at UI. 

I had lots of fun , I attended lots of fresher’s welcome, I attended dinner nights, seminars, events organized in the school where popular Nigerian artists like Olamide, phyno, skillz, Dr sid etc come to entertain us. Anything you want from the school is what you get, but I must confess , the work load is very high and you must be smart to be able to scale through effectively.

On an average , I can say a typical ui student is a bookworm. Majority of them are bibliophiles , such that if you want to toast(woo) an average UI girl, just make use of your books because she won’t be interested in your pick up lines. Hehehehe. One thing I noticed about UI students is that most of them behave properly, even those that do “aro” at some male hostels are very well behaved in real life, they just do “aro” for fun. Even in the hostels , from my own observation, theft isn’t rampant. We have volunteer students that are into vigilante, we also have the security team called “abefele”.  There is no discrimination at UI, except that you must be 16 years and above before resumption of study. Ui admits all ages, religions, all ethnicity, and even foreigners.

There are lots of interesting places to visit at UI, like the zoological garden, the botanical garden, Awolowo stadium, love garden, aquariums, etc. There is a course called idia101/awo101 , its not a course in the real sense, but what it means is when guys to female hostels called awo hall and idia hall to hook up with UI gals and have fun, every male students is adviced to do this at 100l because that’s when you would have the time, but its optional of course , I don’t know if what I did can be classified as idia101 or awo101, but I can say that I had fun but inside and outside UI.

Source: https://probingdeep./2015/07/21/my-experiences-so-far-at-university-of-ibadan/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. by extremelygolden: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
What do you expect since UI was pioneered by reputable Yaba College of Technology?

I love those schools.
Re: My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. by AfricanApple(f): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
hmmmmm, why wouldn't I go there
Re: My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. by BeauHomme: 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
Lolz @ Idia 101/Awo 101. I was a good boy, and while my mates took those courses, I was preparing for CHE 157. Our seniors instilled so much fear for that course into us. Fast forward to final year, Queens' hall had the better part of me. Being a Kutite, I didn't fancy 'travelling' to Idia or Awo for the same thing I could get at close-by Queens'.

Loved the serenity, the trees, walking around Awba dam, the numerous reading rooms, etc. The atmoshere was very conducive for learning.

And I remember my numerous evening strolls with 'her'wink. The cool breeze through the trees and into your hair.

...Memories...smiley

4 Likes

Re: My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
AfricanApple:
hmmmmm, why wouldn't I go there

Are u a uite?
Re: My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. by jejemanito: 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
Very true and one perculiar thing about UI is that their students rarely chest-beat/boast
Re: My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. by AfricanApple(f): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
Dapo777:

Are u a uite?
aspirant
Re: My Experiences So Far At University Of Ibadan. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
AfricanApple:
aspirant

Nice. Guess u are processing this year's admission

(1) (Reply)

Apply For UBA National Essay Competition 2015 / Ambrose Alli University Staff Protest Over 11 Months Unpaid Salary / Meet Michael Olufisayo Ologunde, LAUTECH New Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.