Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Privatization Of Gas, Solid Minerals, Others Will Continue – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Privatization Of Gas, Solid Minerals, Others Will Continue – Buhari (363 Views)

FG Approves Privatization Of Afam Power Plant / NUT Protests In Oyo Against Privatization Of Schools – Pictures / Fg To Finalise Privatization Of Pipelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Privatization Of Gas, Solid Minerals, Others Will Continue – Buhari by wiseguy(m): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday in Washington DC, United States, assured that his administration will not go back on the ongoing privatization programme in the country.

Stressing that the government will embark on the exercise with improved moral architecture, the President said the privatization programme will be expanded to include other areas such as aviation, telecommunication, energy, gas, solid mineral, health and infrastructural development.

He spoke during a business forum organized by the U.S Chamber of Commerce and the Corporate Council on Africa.

Buhari also challenged American Investors to take advantage of the liberal trade and investment climate to do profitable businesses in Nigeria.

He said: “It is my intention to create the necessary environment for future investment in Nigeria. We are the most populous nation with largest market in Africa with vast human and natural resources and blessed with abundant young and skilled workforce

“We are therefore a proud candidate to become the destination of choice for United States’ investments in Africa.

“I work assiduously to welcome new investors to ur country. I will like to remind you all that we are continuing in major privatization programme with sectors ranging from telecommunication, energy, gas, solid minerals, aviation, health and infrastructural development, but with improved moral architecture.

“We will also simplify visa procedures based on principle of reciprocity. May I therefore, seize this opportunity to formally invite the American business community to take advantage of our liberal trade and investment climate to do profitable business in Nigeria.”

He went on: “While I recognize the pivotal role of government in facilitating and promoting economic growth, the private sector must assume an increasing role as part of the engine of growth.

“We will welcome genuine investors who are willing to come to Nigeria for solid mineral exploitation.”

His administration, Buhari said, would fulfill its key campaign promises which included creation of employment opportunities for millions of Nigerian youths.

“Generating employment was one of my key campaign promises. I will do my best to keep this promise.

“There is no other way to expand economic opportunities and create employment opportunities for millions of our youths than boosting domestic manufacturing, undertaking infrastructural development and industrialization.

“Let me repeat, Nigeria will partner with genuine investors who are willing to join us to achieve our economic objective and at the same time realize handsome returns to recoup their investments

“There is more to Nigeria than oil. This is why I will continue to stress the need for increased United States investments in our non-oil sector.

“In this respect the present administration will be attentive to the needs of the business community and pursue policy that will strengthen the sectors that drive the growth,” the President added.

http://thenationonlineng.net/privatization-of-gas-solid-minerals-others-will-continue-buhari/
Re: Privatization Of Gas, Solid Minerals, Others Will Continue – Buhari by ELTON123(m): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Privatization Of Gas, Solid Minerals, Others Will Continue – Buhari by Mogidi: 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
Continue using the TRANSFORMATION blueprint, don't think up your own ideas, olodo.
Re: Privatization Of Gas, Solid Minerals, Others Will Continue – Buhari by OVI75(m): 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
SCAM!!!!!!SHEBI HIM GO USE LIE DETECTORS TAKE KNOW GENUINE INVESTORS?OR ALL PDP AFILIATES GO DEY AUTOMATICALY DISQUALIFIED.
Re: Privatization Of Gas, Solid Minerals, Others Will Continue – Buhari by Atlantian: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
Mogidi:
Continue using the TRANSFORMATION blueprint, don't think up your own ideas, olodo.
Does he have ideas ? Someone whose cows defy the laws of reproduction and mortality, always 150 every year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Privatization Of Gas, Solid Minerals, Others Will Continue – Buhari by Mogidi: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
Atlantian:
Does he have ideas ? [size=15pt]Someone whose cows defy the laws of reproduction and mortality, always 150 every year.[/size]

grin grin grin True talk

(1) (Reply)

Majek Fashek Admitted To Abuja Rehab / Salary Bail Out: Rep Withdraws Suit Against Buhari -VANGUARD / Buhari, Please Probe Fashola Lekki Toll Plaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.