Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students (18765 Views)

Lecturer Slaps UNILORIN S.U President For Mediating On Behalf Of Students / FGGC, Akure Cooks Pick Pads Of Students For "Ritual Purposes" / 10 Categories Of Students That Request For Extra Booklets During Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2015
The educational system in Nigeria and other developing countries is not well organised due to so many negative factors.

Out of these negative factors, the negligence and un motivated behaviour of lecturers has led the poor grade of students.

Therefore we shall discuss briefly on these acts;

1. They skip lectures

Lecturers are fun of this act by skipping lectures for private business. The only time seriousness is shown is few weeks to exam by bombarding students with lectures as they fix it at inconvenient time.

2. They Lecture instead of teaching

The difference between teaching and lecturing is understanding. Most if not all our lecturers dictate notes for students and rarely explain the meaning of the topics.

3. They set exam questions which were never taught in class

I recall my 200 level days on a management course which I read my notebook from start to finish but when the exam question came, I was just staring at the questions like a slow poke. I thought I was the only one thrown off hook but trust greatest nigerian students who turned the school upside down through mass protest.

4. They program evil mindset for students

Because a lecturer has poor grade, he will vent that anger on students by marking them down.

5. They mis-handle test and exam scripts

Some of our lecturers don't have good keeping record let alone arrange document in an orderly manner. In the process of handling test or exam scripts, they misplace some of it as the affected students clamour for poor grade when the result is release.

6. They fail students who refuse their sexual advances

When a student turn down their sexual advances which is a common act for male lecturers, they fail the student without thinking twice.

7. They fix short notice for test and examination

This is an act lecturers enjoy doing by fixing impromptu test or short notice for exam. They deliberately do this to register mass failure for students.

8. They download meaningless hand-out from Internet

I remember a lecturer who gave us meaningless hand-out as we conducted a research to discover that he downloaded it from Internet. The next time he came, we asked him to explain his last handout but he stylishly avoided our question for a vague discussion.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by INTROVERT(f): 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
cheesy ahaha @ d end of d day, sm students will fail, sm will pass while d others will plan against d lecturers

7 Likes

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
MhizDeedy:
cheesy ahaha @ d end of d day, sm students will fail, sm will pass while d others will plan against d lecturers

LOL is it in terms of spiritual or physical attack?
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
INTROVERT:
Ok

May God deliver us from Introvert cheesy cheesy

Oga madame of FTC tongue

3 Likes

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Rapunzel001: 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
wristbangle:

May God deliver us from Introvert cheesy cheesy

Oga madame of FTC tongue

She don buy the pepper dem send am finish?

1 Like

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
So true!..... especially 3,5,6,7.....

Some lecturers can really frustrate a student to the point of dropping out of schoolcry cry

1 Like

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by jejemanito: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
Sure
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
adeh39:
So true!..... especially 3,5,6,7.....

Some lecturers can really frustrate a student to the point of dropping out of schoolcry cry

Am telling u oo.
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
wristbangle:

Am telling u oo.

Yeah.. just imagine burning the midnight candle at both ends...all because you wanna pass ur exams....then a Lecturer fails you just because he mishandled your exam scriptscry cry
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by peeparty(m): 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
@2
oh proffessor Mrs inaja!!!!

I pray God forgives you lol.

wrist this woman reads text book from back to back in class,
no proper explanations, or add life experince to what she reads from the text book.

When it time for exams,chai this woman would set difficult questions with alot of branches and am like how this woman tk come be prof sef?

3 Likes

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nice one wall clock grin
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
peeparty:
@2
oh proffessor Mrs inaja!!!!

I pray God forgives you lol.

wrist this woman reads text book from back to back in class,
no proper explanations, or add life experince to what she reads from the text book.

When it time for exams,chai this woman would set difficult questions with alot of branches and am like how this woman tk come be prof sef?

grin grin Only God knows how those lecturers attain professor level. They are stereotypes mehn.
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
tunnamania11:
Nice one wall clock grin

See ur big head bro.

Lol thanks bro.
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
adeh39:

Yeah.. just imagine burning the midnight candle at both ends...all because you wanna pass ur exams....then a Lecturer fails you just because he mishandled your exam scriptscry cry
Stop crying, abi u need candy?
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
tunnamania11:

Lol
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2015

I was a good teacher during my Nysc, my students will never forget me. Wristbangle, report those in category 1,5, 6, 7 and 8 to the sch authority and have them replaced.

*I am available* wink
Now my comments:
As for number 2 and 3, you need to do more research on every topic, that's how u can know more than what u were taught. Google has always been students' intimate friend.
As for number 7, some do that deliberately but many do it to punish students for disturbing the lecture hall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
man of list

nice one sha...

that no.8 pain me pass ah swear!! angry

1 Like

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
tunnamania11:

I was a good teacher during my Nysc, my students will never forget me. Wristbangle, report those in category 1,5, 6, 7 and 8 to the sch authority and have them replaced.

*I am available* wink
Now my comments:
As for number 2 and 3, you need to do more research on every topic, that's how u can know more than what u were taught. Google has always been students' intimate friend.
As for number 7, some do that deliberately but many do it to punish students for disturbing the lecture all.

Well said bro. The question is how many people can cultivate your act? Meanwhile where did u serve bro?
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
Tomfrench:
man of list

nice one sha...

Lol. Mr nairaland. I am not oo. tongue

1 Like

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2015
smiley
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
wristbangle:

Well said bro. The question is how many people can cultivate your act? Meanwhile where did u serve bro?
The serious ones should be motivated after reading my comment up there. I served at one of the oldest schools in owan east LGA of Edo state.
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by wristbangle: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
tunnamania11:

The serious ones should be motivated after reading my comment up there. I served at one of the oldest schools in owan east LGA of Edo state.

Ok bro. I served @ Minna, Niger state.
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
wristbangle:

Ok bro. I served @ Minna, Niger state.
My neighbouring state
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
tunnamania11:

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
wristbangle:

LOL is it in terms of spiritual or physical attack?

Lol both ooh. Wic 1 were u part of? The ones that pass, fail or plan to attack lecturer. Don't lie ooh, say d truth let d devil be ashamed tongue
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by alfredo4u(m): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
Thank God for the school I went.. .

ABU lecturers can't try all this rubbish...

They practice system of check and balances.

Like if u r an abusite alumni

2 Likes

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
No 9, They make Class Reps dia 'TAX collectors' (Please, meet ur class rep, he ll tell u wat to do in case u don't do well in my exams) tongue

It's now left for you to use your head grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
grin
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by emmyw(m): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
@ Op, adding to your list,just like one of my lecturer(MTH111) back then,you know fresher then,trying to learn how lecturers do, this man is so funny,for instance, if he tell you that 2*2*3=12 and you write 4*3=12, he will just give you zero.

1 Like

Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by crispberry(f): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
True
Re: 8 Acts Lecturers Display Which Result To Poor Grade Of Students by Gurgle(f): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Number 2 is a normal phenomenon to test if you have done extra reading around the subject, which is required to achieve a first class result

Obviously they shouldn't overdo it and set something that has nothing to do with what they were teaching though

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List / OAU Cancels 2020/2021 Session, To Resume 2019/2020 Session February 8 / How Has Nairaland Transformed Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.