Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Submit Your Startup Story And Encourage Someone - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Submit Your Startup Story And Encourage Someone (706 Views)

Launch Your Startup This Season The Dns Corporation Way / Are You A Blogger? Website Owner? Encourage Your Audience Today On Traffwire / Forget Recession! Here Are 5 Effective Ways To Turn Your Startup Plan Into Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Submit Your Startup Story And Encourage Someone by vhw2014: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hello everyone, i am currently working on a project where various startups in Nigeria would be profiled and sort of brought under one body. The goal of this project is to just basically encourage someone who may be having doubts about founding or co-founding a startup. I conducted an research about startups in Nigeria and discovered that our stories are not really out there for the world to see. Some startups may also need seed funding to kick off but the founders usually, do not know how to go about this.
So the idea is this if you have been successful as the founder or co-founder of a startup, please be kind of enough to share your story with the rest of the world. The story would be featured on www.startupnigeria.net. This would also create some publicity for you and we could also look at the possibility of running some free ads for you on our site for a period of time. Examples of startups are Kaymu, Jobberman, push CV, nearest locator etc. This is just so you have an idea of what im talking about.
For further enquiries, pls send me a mail and i would reach you as soon as possible. Thank you.
Re: Submit Your Startup Story And Encourage Someone by importexpert(m): 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
when i first started my popcorn joint, it worked for over 2months on lost before the profits started flourishing
Re: Submit Your Startup Story And Encourage Someone by vhw2014: 5:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
importexpert:
when i first started my popcorn joint, it worked for over 2months on lost before the profits started flourishing

Its a good thing you shared this story because most people who venture into business expect to starting seeing profits even before they are fully established. Most successful businesses today did not get any returns on their investments until six months later.
Re: Submit Your Startup Story And Encourage Someone by vhw2014: 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
Founding a startup company is not one of the easiest things in the world to do. Nine times out of ten you would find you questioning yourself; wondering if you were insane to actually consider this in the first place and wondering why on earth you thought it was ever going to work. As a founder or co-founder, you are continuously faced with the fear of uncertainty; would your company still be relevant in the next three years or would it go the way thousands of others have gone? So you have an idea, but how would it ultimately translate to cash in the bank for you?

Let us start with the idea- a lot of people have come up with phenomenal ideas that have never seen the light of day. Some because they never thought getting a second and third opinion was necessary. It would be wise to want to keep some information to yourself but then again how would you know what people think of idea if you do not ask? Be open to feedback both positive and negative. No doubt you would feel like defending your “baby” but It is best you iron out the kinks at this stage before you have a million people making a million negative comments about your startup when the number could have been significantly lesser at the planning stage...
For the rest of the article check out http://startupnigeria.net/founding-a-startup/
Re: Submit Your Startup Story And Encourage Someone by vhw2014: 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Tech Lab Africa an initiative of RISE AFRICA in conjunction with Barclays Africa is poised to set early and growth-stage companies on the right path to success. The program will focus on the acceleration of health and fintech startups in Africa. The program which will last for 13 weeks will see applicants from all over Africa competing for the 8-10 slots that would be made available.

One of the main goals of this program is to attract and support the most innovative and disruptive startup ventures that will together, create a physical and virtual network of startups, and innovators that will help proffer solutions that will benefit customers.

Successful applicants will see their ventures being catapulted by Tech Lab Africa via exposure to subject matter experts, engagement with local and international mentors, senior Barclays Africa executives and industry leaders. Tech Lab Africa will also put together a portfolio of businesses that Barclays Africa can further support during their growth journey.

To find out how you can apply, please click on the link below.
http://startupnigeria.net/tech-lab-africa-catapults-african-startups/

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover Lost Data From Iphone / For Researchers, Students And All Knowledge Seekers / How To Purchase Online Without Getting Declined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.