Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response (22424 Views)

Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. / The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Tbillz(m): 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Was asked this very questions in my last interview. What in your own perspective is the best approach to tackling this question?

My response; my duty as an employee is to give faithful and honest service to my employer at all time. If lying for my employer will protect the organization then i will.
You can rate me and let me learn from your approach.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by temmyt20(m): 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
my reply....since am protecting my organization, yes, I wil use d word, manipulate instead of tel dem I wil lie

7 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
undecided @least we shld know ur reply to that question 1st @op

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by SimpleJetty(f): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
This question is solely meant to test your level of integrity. Your answer should be, having meticulously gone through the core values of the organisation which no doubt was in tune with my values as a being, I believe telling lies would be detrimental to the well-being of this organisation and negates the core values of the organisation. So therefore, if faced with such dire situation, my response will be toll the part of honesty, transparency and accountability which I strongly believe will in the long run favour the organisation.

392 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Tbillz(m): 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
@simplejetty your approach is logical and concise. i love and learnt from it#gracias

7 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
I do have a very strong policy against lying and I, just like Immanuel Kant, posit that lying is always morally wrong and there's no circumstance under which lying is justifiable.

In view of that, I'll not lie to save my organisation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by jaybee3(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
How can you admit to lie at an interview? Makes no damn sense

Just say something along the line of:

Integrity is embedded in every aspect of my life and i try to ensure anything that may interfere with my integrity gets circumvented by making sure i accept responsibility and re-negotiate if needed.

I strongly believe a brand with honesty, transparency and integrity as some of the core values will always receive extreme confidence and backing of the people that patronize them.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by estyvino(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
SimpleJetty:
This question is solely meant to test your level of integrity. Your answer should be, having meticulously gone through the core values of the organisation which no doubt was in tune with my values as a being, I believe telling lies would be detrimental to the well-being of this organisation and negates the core values of the organisation. So therefore, if faced with such dire situation, my response will be toll the part of honesty, transparency and accountability which I strongly believe will in the long run favour the organisation.
well asserted

All lie is not lie. Some lies might become necessary due to circumstances

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Adaahjacob(m): 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
It depend on d kind of lie oooo. Ahh!

Buhari said we should b honest henceforth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
k
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by RobinHez(m): 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
"I'll do everything in my power to save the Company without having to manipulate the Truth"

Simple!!

No be ya papa get company so...if them gbab u for ya lie....sorry! smiley

18 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by kazmanbanjoko(m): 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
no bcoz no matter what, the truth will prevail oneday.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Afrocatalyst: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yes. That shows loyalty. But it shouldn't be so tho. That's how d corporate world is.

Besides OP,it's save not safe.

2 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by adonbilivit: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
I will just tell him what GMB told Obama concerning gay marriage in Nigeria and I quote "it is against the law in Nigeria, and abhorrent to our culture,” and if I don't get the job I will "ALHAJI GAY" the organization thru EFCC coz they are corrupt

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Jamean(f): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
The same organization you told a lie to save will fire you for trust issues. undecided

Never think of doing that talk less of saying that in an interview. It is just an integrity test.

I was asked in the interview of my current job:

Interviewer: Can you do fraud

Me: Yes I can, but I won't for all the Tea in China

Reason: evil is inherent in the heart of every one, but you have a choice to make cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Shehucom(m): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
If it's a white lie. No problem
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Justiyke4u: 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
I would rather say no because they may be testing your integrity. Therefore my answer should be inasmuch I may be persuaded to lie to protect the company, I would rather stick to my integrity, discipline and honesty which is my core values. This is because if I could lie to protect the company, it could as well be perceived that I could still betray the company since my core values have been compromised though in favour of the organisation

3 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by catice(m): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
Very tricky!
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Drgleave: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
YES! because I love lying.

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by ylaa(f): 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
no, na me God go punish no be my organisation.

3 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Adenugay(m): 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
No
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by bekuo1: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
cheesy

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by ZACHIE: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Small boys.

What kind of organization are going into first?
What do they do? Are they Lawyers? Agency services? or a procurement institution?

Nigeria Police can`t ask you this question and you quote one nonsense Emmanuel Kant.
You kant get the job!!!

Know the organization first before any stupid core value bullcrap

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by peeparty(m): 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
rationalmind:
I do have a very strong policy against lying and I, just like Immanuel Kant, posit that lying is always morally wrong and there's no circumstance under which lying is justifiable.

In view of that, I'll not lie to save my organisation.

if na lie lie dem need nku?
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
SimpleJetty:

Easier said than done undecided

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by sukkot: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
if you said YES, you have failed. forget that job. they cant employ liars. you failed the test

6 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by damiloladuke: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
good response

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY HILARIOUS PERSONAL DIARY
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by fulanimafia: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
I will make it clear that lying could inflict greater damage to the image and reputation of the firm than any immediate gains, so I'd rather tread the path of integrity.
Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by dustydee: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
Tbillz:
Was asked this very questions in my last interview. What in your own perspective is the best approach to tackling this question?

My response; my duty as an employee is to give faithful and honest service to my employer at all time. If lying for my employer will protect the organization then i will.
You can rate me and let me learn from your approach.
It could protect your organisation in the interim but if found out could land you in jail and cause the organisation more damage than telling the truth could have. This is often the case especially when dealing with regulatory bodies.

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by snadguy007(m): 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
grin grin Tell me one lie
Drgleave:
YES! because I love lying.

1 Like

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by PubLlcEnemy(m): 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
If I am asked my answer will be:

Me: my loyalty lies with my employer not my customer. If its in the best interest of my company in the long run that I lie,as long as I won't be liable for the lie I will lie. Its left for the customer to do his home work. But it depends on the effect of the lie. If it will affect humanity in a negative way,then I will not. I am a man of integrity but I also know the essence of loyalty.

2 Likes

Re: Interview Question:Can You Lie To Save Our Organization? Whats The Best Response by Pascal181: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
All liars will go 2 hell fire. Ur employer was actually testing ur integrity but u failed. Next time when asked dis question tell them 'with the quality service I(we) re going 2 render 2 our customers,they will be satisfied n keep patronising'not lieing. Remember wen u tell a lie,u will tell ten other lies and d chain goes...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Answer That Pesky “tell Me About Yourself" Question In An Interview / An Unemployed Graduate Begs Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola And Dangote For a Job / Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.