Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK (1760 Views)

Sharon Oyakhilome Slays In Bum Shorts In UK Streets / The First And Oldest Church In Nigeria Gets Record Certificate[pics] / One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by tucky200(m): 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Radiocarbon analysis dated the manuscripts close to the time of the Prophet Muhammad [Birmingham University]
Fragments of the Quran held by the UK's Birmingham University have been found to be among the oldest in the world.

Following radiocarbon analysis by the University of Oxford, the manuscripts, written on parchments, have been dated to from between AD 568 and 645, with 95 percent accuracy.

The results place the papers close to the time of the Prophet Muhammad, who is generally thought to have lived between AD 570 and 632.

Susan Worrall, Director of Special Collections at the University of Birmingham, said: "The radiocarbon dating has delivered an exciting result, which contributes significantly to our understanding of the earliest written copies of the Quran. 

"We are thrilled that such an important historical document is here in Birmingham, the most culturally diverse city in the UK."

The two parchments form part of the University’s Mingana Collection of Middle Eastern manuscripts.

The manuscripts are written with ink in Hijazi - an early form of Arabic. They contain parts of Suras (chapters) 18 to 20.

For many years, the manuscript had been misbound with leaves of a similar Quran manuscript, which is datable to the late seventh century.

Dr Muhammad Isa Waley, Lead Curator for Persian and Turkish Manuscripts at the British Library, said: "This is indeed an exciting discovery. We know now that these two folios, in a beautiful and surprisingly legible Hijazi hand, almost certainly date from the time of the first three Caliphs."
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/07/world-oldest-quran-manuscripts-uk-150722110034399.html

Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by valmunich(m): 11:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
what's even the meaning of the stuff written there

I'm guessing this one existed even before the flight of Mohammed grin
Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
grin
valmunich:

Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by NaijaTweets(m): 1:05am On Jul 23, 2015
valmunich:

You're not supposed to be here!
Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by NaijaTweets(m): 1:07am On Jul 23, 2015
Nice one @OP...Please keep the research work up! smiley

1 Like

Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by valmunich(m): 1:46am On Jul 23, 2015
NaijaTweets:

You're not supposed to be here!
Oya chase me Comot nah, as na your papa get the forum to tell me where I'm not supposed to be undecided

Ewu! undecided
Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by NaijaTweets(m): 8:15am On Jul 24, 2015
valmunich:

Oya chase me Comot nah, as na your papa get the forum to tell me where I'm not supposed to be undecided

Ewu! undecided

Your speech shows me exactly what level of manners and courtesy you've got!!!

Bush man!!!

1 Like

Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by valmunich(m): 9:08am On Jul 24, 2015
NaijaTweets:

You speech shows me exactly what level of manners and courtesy you've got!!!
Bush man!!!
lol. . . "your speech"
So much for being an exquisite grammarian undecided

Imp! undecided
Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by NaijaTweets(m): 9:12am On Jul 24, 2015
valmunich:

lol. . . "your speech"

So much for being an exquisite grammarian undecided

Imp! undecided

If you're actually thinking rightly and had a good job worth monitoring, you would know that is a mere ignorable typo...

You would rather take to correction and stop reading people's comments 'word-for-word' like a jobless fellow!

1 Like

Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by valmunich(m): 9:42am On Jul 24, 2015
NaijaTweets:

If you're actually thinking rightly and had a good job worth monitoring, you would know that is a mere ignorable typo...

You would rather take to correction and stop reading people's comments 'word-for-word' like a jobless fellow!
jeez! how on earth are people this dumb? Is it innate in you to display how embraced you're to duncedom on every thread or you rather chose not to tag your brain along before typing the above quoted crap?

Bottom line is, you didn't make a single sense, you simpleton! you're merely a numskull that is trying pretty hard to make sense angry Stop wasting your 'invaluable' time here and go back to class! undecided

Goat! angry
Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by NaijaTweets(m): 10:19am On Jul 24, 2015
valmunich:

jeez! how on earth are people this dumb? Is it innate in you to display how embraced you're to duncedom on every thread or you rather chose not to tag your brain along before typing the above quoted crap?

Bottom line is, you didn't make a single sense, you simpleton! you're merely a numskull that is trying pretty hard to make sense angry Stop wasting your 'invaluable' time here and go back to class! undecided

Goat! angry

I never knew you're this foolish!!!

You're a big shame to Nigerian education!!!

Senseless idiot!!!

1 Like

Re: One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK by BishopMagic: 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
Lol. Wetin we no go hear from allah people's republic other wise known as Islamic State.

After luring lice ridden muslim filth from all over the globe to join their jihad with promise of Kafur girls and women to rape, ISIS members who contracted aids after sleeping with 2 Moroccan jihad brides have been quarantined in order to prevent them infecting the rape pool and reports have it they have been selected to carry out suicide missions.

BishopMagic:
[size=18pt]Two Moroccan Women Infect 16 ISIS with AIDS...[/size]

16 Islamic State terrorists, who had sexual intercourses with two Moroccan women, have been tested positive with AIDS, reported ARA News, citing medical sources.

Those infected, most of them foreign terrorists, are currently held in a quarantine center, ARA News quoted a Syrian doctor in the national hospital of al-Mayadeen.

The two Moroccan women have reportedly escaped to Turkey “for fear of execution by the IS.”

Following the reports that AIDS is running rampant in the ranks of the terror group, the IS leadership in Deir ez Zor issued a decision through its so-called Sharia Commission to run tests for AIDS on its members in order to contain the spread of the disease.

[size=18pt]“IS leadership is planning to assign suicide attacks for its militants who are tested positive with AIDS,” a civil rights activist in al-Mayadeen reported.[/size]

This comes after the IS executed an AIDS-infected terrorist from Indonesia who donated blood to fellow terrorists at an IS-held hospital in Shaddadi, in Hasakah province.

The Indonesian terrorist passed on the virus to a 15-year-old Yazidi sex slave and the illness subsequently spread to two other terrorists who raped her.

The radical group also executed a Saudi doctor who revealed the information on the spread of AIDS in Shaddadi city last June.

Islam no get head at all.

(1) (Reply)

Do All Religions Practice Witchcraft? / Why Is The ‘most Religious’ Country The ‘poorest’? / Christain No School Fee. Muslim, School Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.