Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? (14428 Views)

Isaac Fayose Describes Ibadan As A Dead City, Asks If Oyo State Still Has Govern / How Ministries Are Coping Without Ministers Under Buhari / President Without Underwear(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by popcykaylah(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2015
are they not criminals?
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by koredeolanrewaju(m): 8:41am On Jul 23, 2015
The president knows what it's doing....we just need to pray for him for his good intention to be accomplished. Most of us don't pray for the nation bt want everytin done at all cost.. Chai! There's God hoooooo!!!!
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 23, 2015
“Ministers will come when [Buhari] finishes scrubbing the floor which is littered with corruption,” presidential spokesman Garba Shehu told dpa. “There are too many leaks in the revenue system that must be plugged. He will not build on the rotten foundation [of Jonathan’s government].”
This is very funny. So Jonathan left a rotten foundation? Even Shehu Garba is talking? Anyway, we are all waiting to see the "clean" people that Buhari will appoint.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 23, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Its only a fool that will judge a student without exams . give Buhari 100 days first before you guys start crying , even companies give employees 3 months
Which 100 days? We are almost 60Days into the life of this administration. Nigerians are tired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)I gave you a quote by an international researcher who's not PDP or APC or whatever and you still spew this statement here...sorry for you...

2)Which ministry was not functioning under Jonathan with no ministers probably?

3)What sanity is buhari putting now?...list them alongside ministries were such are obtained...

4)Are ministers supposed to be what?...Aren't they people who share in the vision and ideology of president including party politics?...

5)And what makes you think that politicians are nonentities?
What does Buhari aim to achieve with the delay/non appointment of Ministers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by yuscopefly(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Its only a fool that will judge a student without exams . give Buhari 100 days first before you guys start crying , even companies give employees 3 months

Are you among da Dullardihno of Daura family too.
don't you have eyes to see (Nigerians Don Enta 1Chance)
cuz you start dey agitating to give #BabaGoSlow 3mouths like companies gave his employees.
say Naija be like a company..... Better go Google different BTW Country and Company

Wailing Wailers Pipulz grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Nowenuse: 9:02am On Jul 23, 2015
BABA go slow has deceived us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by MOBBDEEP: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2015
Critics are suppose to be of sound mind & given to deep insights!!!
You & your cohorts fall short of that clearly!
You saw & read a report but your fake critic & analytic could not reason well on the purported ill-cooked article!
How do you explain the parameter or standard of measurement that he used to arrive at that silly 25%?
Children of Ananias & Saphirras.

Someone explained to you his major focus/targets are corruption, insecurity & revamping economy.
Is there any ministerial slot/position for corruption?
Or, in your Ahitopelic wisdom, how has all the series of Defence Ministers perform or far?
What significant or landmark input is the Defence Minister going to add to the top machineries of our Forcemen?
If you are impartially conversant (which I doubt anyway) with happenings since this nation began, tell me one outstanding Finance Minister & his/her achievements!

Only a fool does things same way & expect different result!
He & we all want a different result & this implies he needs to do things in unconventional ways.
If taking his time to choose his cabinet members is one of the unconventional ways, so be it.
You are all quick to blame him of being surrounded by questionable people & yet, you want him to hurriedly select his cabinet folks!!!
May God deliver us from people who don't want us alive nor dead at same time!!!!
Were you poor-sighted, have hearing problem or defective cortical processing when an inside report revealed that only 3 people were deemed clean out of a 30+ seeming clean ministerial candidates?

Your attitude only tells one thing - a puerile personality filled with hatred & failing of principles & morals.
For your info, I'm not hating!!!
I spoke the truth like a brother.

Good morning & enjoy the day bro!!!
Peace .
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by bluaero(m): 9:38am On Jul 23, 2015
azimibraun:
Ministers will come in SEPTEMBER is that too much of an ENGLISH to UNDERSTAND? Besides, Nigeria's battered image and administrative processes are undergoing reconstructive surgery and that you guys will agree takes time. We had a CIVIL WAR in Nigeria, we had DECADES of MILITARY RULE we had 16 YEARS of PDP MISRULE yet we survived as a country and a people. A little patience for a Man who has defiled the norm and wants to do things differently will not be what will KILL us. If you feel he ddnt HIT the GROUND RUNNING then he is PREPARING grounds for members of his administration to HIT the GROUND RUNNING the OPPORTUNITY he never got from the GUYS before him.

loads of crap..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:39am On Jul 23, 2015
omenka:
Yes he will. And the trial is going to last at least four years before the jury comes up with its verdict.

If you are tired of sitting in the courtroom, why don't you simply walk the hell out?? Is any officer restraining you from doing so

Nobody is restraining me just that your stench is too nauseating and it will be foolhardy for me to leave without getting details of the processes otherwise human factor in interpretations will distort the judgement that would be passed down to me through emissaries...So I will keep managing your type and stenchundecided
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by bluaero(m): 9:40am On Jul 23, 2015
PPAngel:
September , 2015 marks the end of the Jewish Sabbatical year Elul from where God's punishment comes full swing.

Buhari don't bother naming a cabinet because from September 13 which coincides with the Red Moon eclipse your puppet master America will finally be destroyed and with them Your Presidency, Govt and Nation will crumble.

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Durojelife(m): 9:42am On Jul 23, 2015
Exclusive training deals on Konga! Make 200-300k per month GUARANTEED!!!
4 IN 1 Video Guide on Fiverr, Importation business, Affiliate marketing & Information marketing NOW available for practical step by step learning @ a discount price. The sure way to Learn & Earn.
Click here to order NOW - konga.com/the-ultimate-4-in-1-video-course-1839248
or whatsapp - 08123864454.

Please Note: If the above link is not clickable, kindly copy and paste it into another tab.

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari has left Governance and the Country's economy to its fate, he and his minions are busy trying to abuse and blame Jonathan for their obvious failures so far and the failures this administration will leave Nigeria in.

Now, He wants to probe Jonathan but dare not probe IBB and OBJ and his other corrupt ally's and northern brothers because he is dining with them. so much for the acclaimed fake disciplined corrupt free man, well let him bring on whatever game he has to play, we are eagerly waiting for him , for every action will beget a response.

It is know that the North has the MOST CORRUPT POLITICIANS IN NIGERIA, we await to see how he will treat them, if he will go the way of shagari and ekwueme, his advisers should tell him that this is 2015 and Nigeria has changed a lot.

His dictatorial tendencies will never work this time unless he wants to burn Nigeria sooner than later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Rad1cal: 9:59am On Jul 23, 2015
aresa:

PMB is still less than 6 weeks in office, but the rejected and kicked out otuoke corrupt and incompetent clown announced his cabinet 6 weeks after inauguration.

The question now is, did Nigeria stopped being a country or collapsed because the otuke creekside clown stalled for 6 weeks before nominating his cabinet members?

You see how idiotic and retardded you biafran village hypocrites sound?

Buhari is less than six weeks in office ?

ARE YOU MAD ? May 29 - July 23rd is 6 weeks in your dead brain, by tomorrow, the dull ejit will be 8 weeks in office soaked massively in his confused and deranged state.

Jona released his first list 29 days after inauguration, and had his cabinet 6 weeks after confirmation by the senate.

Whereas your dull president has spent almost 56 days in office without nothing tangible other than a sliding naira and BH increased bombing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Princenzube: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2015
naijainfogalery:
and how many weeks do u think remain for 100 days to reach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by buster2364(m): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2015
I am really surprised with all the comments I see, where were all these ppl when GEJ grounded the economy to a halt, emptied the treasury, incapacitated the military, the list is endless. Yet you still wanted him back.
You can keep barking for all I care because you will still shout foul even if things start going right.
For those that care to understand and listen, things cannot be business as usual any more.
What has Nigeria achieved since the Ministers were being selected on time? they move into their respective offices and commence immediate looting.
I have had light in my house since May 29 more than electricity supplied for the entire 2014, this had direct impact in my purse who cares what an international body thinks, where were they in the last 16 years with their advises.
Its another way to plunge Nigeria into another 4 years of hardship and we reject it!!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by omenka(m): 10:07am On Jul 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Nobody is restraining me just that your stench is too nauseating and it will be foolhardy for me to leave without getting details of the processes otherwise human factor in interpretations will distort the judgement that would be passed down to me through emissaries...So I will keep managing your type and stenchundecided
I'm sure you are simply too ignorant to know there are things called gas masks out there, go get one if you can't withstand the stench, or are you too poor to afford one??

In any case, you have four long tortuous years to suffer the stench and you would be a fool not to do anything about ameliorating your misery.
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:12am On Jul 23, 2015
naijainfogalery:
There is nothing like nonsense here most of the people judging him is based on hatred. If Buhari doesn't fulfil his campaign promises my critic is gonna be heard all over the world

On the contrary, you won't even decipher failure in leadership when you see one...Opinion expressed in this article are that of international observers...And that you carry a burden of hatred does not mean you see others through same mirror...thanks
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2015
socialmediaman:
Mr President, I would advise You to keep to your schedule and avoid critics, that's all they can offer. They will not add a "dime" input to your government, all they can do is criticize and the moment you start listening to them, that's the moment you start derailing...

Like I stated, criticism is their job, ignore them

Those who voted you will give you the support you need to succeed... It's a game, fairness is necessary for its success

You see ya life...partisanship and bigotry has beclouded your mind...that even when international observers speak you still see them through your myopic lens of PDP/APC debacle...
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2015
omenka:
I'm sure you are simply too ignorant to know there are things called gas masks out there, go get one if you can't withstand the stench, or are you too poor to afford one??

In any case, you have four long tortuous years to suffer the stench and you would be a fool not to do anything about ameliorating your misery.

My immunity to your stench is too strong...No matter the extent of poverty in the land, I won't become as miserable as you who survive from APC stipends for you to rant online even against common sense and conscience...

Even the gala hawker on the street has more freedom of expression compared to you...who only say what's he's instructed to say for a meagre payment... and you claim to be man enough...
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by drnoel: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
“On hold” is how many Nigerians would describe how West Africa’s most-populous country of 178 million people currently feels.

It’s been more than 15 weeks since President Muhammadu Buhari, 72, won the March 28 presidential elections, but he is yet to appoint ministers. In fact, he says he will not form a cabinet before September.

The government is currently kept afloat by top civil officials, who can fulfil basic administrative duties but not make the key political decisions Buhari promised Nigerians when campaigning for office

The former military leader was elected based on his pledge to end corruption in politics and the oil industry – Nigeria’s main revenue earner – and stop Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram, which has killed an estimated 14,000 people since 2009.

But weeks have gone by and little has happened. Big political decisions have been stalled, while a new surge of Boko Haram attacks killed more than 430 people this
month alone.

“At this stage, government is only functioning at about 25 per cent,” warns David Zounmenou, researcher at the African Institute for Security Studies. “Buhari needs to
act quickly. He needs to assert his role.”

The elation felt after Buhari’s election and inauguration on May 29 is slowly dissipating. Nigerians hoped a page would be turned in the country where corruption in politics and the economy is almost endemic.

Without a cabinet “Buhari will not be able to make many necessary reforms to begin to deal with the many challenges facing his administration,” says Ernst Jan
Hogendoorn, Africa deputy director of research organization International Crisis Group.

The longer ministerial posts remain vacant, the more politically vulnerable Nigeria will become. “As a worst-case scenario, Buhari might lose control over the country because other people will take the gap and move in,” says Zounmenou.

The president says he is not in a hurry. “This task cannot and should not be rushed,” Buhari wrote in an op-ed published in the Washington Post on Monday, the day he met with US President Barack Obama.“Nigeria must first put new rules of conduct and good governance in place.”

The delay is among other things caused by ministers of the previous government who didn’t provide handover notes as promised, Buhari had explained earlier,pointing fingers at his predecessor Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.

Buhari also has to manage a fierce internal power struggle for the top positions in government, including the crucial economy, finance and defence portfolios, within his All Progressives Congress (APC), a coalition of what used to be the country’s three biggest opposition parties.

“Buhari is trying to balance many competing interests,both within his coalition party and the different regions of Nigeria,” explains Hogendoorn.

A transition committee is now carefully vetting all candidates for corruption before drawing up a shortlist.
“Ministers will come when [Buhari] finishes scrubbing the floor which is littered with corruption,” presidential spokesman Garba Shehu told dpa. “There are too many
leaks in the revenue system that must be plugged. He will not build on the rotten foundation [of Jonathan’s government].”

The cause is noble, but analysts doubt the president will be able to reach this goal after decades of rampant corruption in Nigerian politics. “A clean record is an impossible mission. In Nigeria’s political arena, it’s extremely difficult to find someone with clean record. I would say it’s not even two per cent of politicians,” says Zounmenou of the security studies institute.

With each week going by without a fully functioning government, the pressure on Buhari to act is increasing.

“I know [Nigerians] are impatient for action. I realize the world waits to see evidencenthat my administration will be different from all those that came before,” Buhari
admits in the op-ed. “Yet reforming my country after so many years of abuse cannot be achieved overnight.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/a-president-without-ministers-can-buhari-govern-nigeria/

I dont understand the clamour for ministers. The country is in debt and people are looking for where to spend more money. There are only a handful of ministeries that do require and deserve to have ministers the rest can do without them.
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by buster2364(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

You see ya life...partisanship and bigotry has beclouded your mind...that even when international observers speak you still see them through your myopic lens of PDP/APC debacle...

Na international observer make you dey follow,hope say your life don better since when them dey plan your life for u
Get a life!!!

m.u.m.u. undecided
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2015
BB013:
This op is very clueless
Since wen did Nigeria population rise to 178million people?
Ur monicker said y not the truth but all I could read were all lies
Op I see u wanna be just like barcanista abi U don't want him to take d curses nd insults alone Nice one
Now go back to sleep
What's our population figure as at today?...Is population a constant?...smh
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 23, 2015
PPAngel:
September , 2015 marks the end of the Jewish Sabbatical year Elul from where God's punishment comes full swing.

Buhari don't bother naming a cabinet because from September 13 which coincides with the Red Moon eclipse your puppet master America will finally be destroyed and with them Your Presidency, Govt and Nation will crumble.
Ehn Ehn....
This hate has taken another toll oh... Lawd Gezus!
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:28am On Jul 23, 2015
drnoel:

I dont understand the clamour for ministers. The country is in debt and people are looking for where to spend more money. There are only a handful of ministeries that do require and deserve to have ministers the rest can do without them.

Simple logic will tell you that you spend money to make money...adding this to the adverse effects of not having such as captured in the main article begs for more questions about buhari's leadership quotient and credentials...
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

What's our population figure as at today?...Is population a constant?...smh

2015 - 183,523,432
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2015
buster2364:

Na international observer make you dey follow,hope say your life don better since when them dey plan your life for u
Get a life!!!

m.u.m.u. undecided

Both local and international observers have taken a stand against buhari's delayed cabinet and lack of direction in leadership and governance...And buhari has been running to same people Ever since he declared for presidency in 2014 till now...
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by buster2364(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Simple logic will tell you that you spend money to make money...adding this to the adverse effects of not having such as captured in the main article begs for more questions about buhari's leadership quotient and credentials...

Just like the way okonjo and her vagabonds have been making it, you are obviously living in an isolated world thinking ministries have now turned to profit/ income generating centres. you lack common sense angry
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2015
Wildrage:
I don't know why anyone should be disappointed or feel apprehensive about the tardiness, ineptitude and cluelessness of the Buhari's administration so far. You can give what you do not have, in over 30yrs since he was kicked out of govt he has not supported any cause apart from the implementation of Sharia, he has not proffer any articulate solution to the myriads of our plaguing problems until ACN forced him to accept their manifesto as the intellectual arm of APC. A product and beneficiary of corruption can only fight corruption superficially, fly Tinubu and rivers state plane all through his campaign, where did he think the funds came from? We are going to see many months of high gyration and patternless kpalongo dance, then the reality would dawn on us that we have been sold a dummy and scammed by those who wanted power so bad they disavowed everything they've publicly proclaimed as their binding principle
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by elohorayodele: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2015
BB013:
This op is very clueless

Since wen did Nigeria population rise to 178million people?

Ur monicker said y not the truth but all I could read were all lies

Op I see u wanna be just like barcanista abi
U don't want him to take d curses nd insults alone
Nice one

Now go back to sleep

Last collected in 2012 by the Nigeria National Bureau of Statistics, the total population of citizens in Nigeria was around 166.2 million people. Today, it is estimated to have about 178.5 million people. (http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/nigeria-population/)

The following demographic statistics are from the CIA World Factbook, unless otherwise indicated.[8]
Population: 174,507,539 (July 2013 est.) 178.5 Million (2014 est) [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Nigeria]

The population of Nigeria is estimated at 178,516,904 as of July 1 2014. (http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/nigeria-population/)

The total population in Nigeria was last recorded at 178.5 million people in 2014 from 45.2 million in 1960, changing 295 percent during the last 50 years. (http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/population)

I think you need to apologize for calling the OP clueless coz you are the clueless one here, 'no offeinse' grin

Pls also note that this estimate is for July 2014 and we are in July 2015 so we are past that figure now

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2015
buster2364:

Just like the way okonjo and her vagabonds have been making it, you are obviously living in an isolated world thinking ministries have now turned to profit/ income generating centres. you lack common sense angry

Smh... What are ministries if not units of service for revenue generation to government
Re: A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2015
elohorayodele:

Last collected in 2012 by the Nigeria National Bureau of Statistics, the total population of citizens in Nigeria was around 166.2 million people. Today, it is estimated to have about 178.5 million people. (http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/nigeria-population/)

The following demographic statistics are from the CIA World Factbook, unless otherwise indicated.[8]

Population: 174,507,539 (July 2013 est.) 178.5 Million (2014 est) [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Nigeria]

The population of Nigeria is estimated at 178,516,904 as of July 1 2014. (http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/nigeria-population/)

The total population in Nigeria was last recorded at 178.5 million people in 2014 from 45.2 million in 1960, changing 295 percent during the last 50 years. (http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/population)

Thank you brother for this great support...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Build A 300mw Solar Plant In Enugu State. / Zamfara Killings: Miyetti Allah Profers Solutions / Tinubu-Fayemi Meeting: The Spin Doctors Got It Wrong - Yinka Oyebode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.