Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari (52493 Views)

Militants & Cultists Surrender Their Weapons To Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) / Nigerian Military: Some Officers Selling Weapons To Boko Haram - AP / Ukraine Confirms Export Of Weapons To Nigeria In Fight Against Boko Haram (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by ddugeri(m): 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
Jst tell us plain dat u aint selling cus we refuse gay law...no shiit like leahy law or ohms law

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Ojiofor: 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
Apc, election victory party is over,its either you defeat BH as promised within two months with or without American help or be ready to be disgraced out of office.

2 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Damee4dee: 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
I know now our president will kno the difference between boko and haram

2 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by gagewonda(m): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
i think this is an ideological nd strategy problem or mistake always committed by africans, d west dont want to see u blossom. so we should be looking at changing our ideology. understudy their weapons, bring military engineering think-tanks, massively fund researches on next generation weaponry, make it as covert as possible like 'area 51'. make DICON better by increasing its capacity nd direction. and in no time we will be a military power house for the african continent.

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by omoakin111: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2015
What's the essence of travelling with 33 man delegation aside from aides and wasting 2.2 billion naira in tax payers money just to take photos with Obama and his VP only to return home with no MOU or any form of agreement.

2 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by dBard: 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
azzima:
Please don't ever add Jonathan to anything good jor!. How can a government SMUGGLE $9M into another SOVEREIGN country to buy arms from the SAME sovereign country without the sovereign country's knowledge? ? Does that make any sense? ?Jonathan is the epitome of INCOMPETENCE!!!!

With most avenues for Legitimate sales from countries, most of them U.S allies, blocked, how else would u have expected them to go, if not through arm contractors.
The apache sale that was blocked, was from a U.S ally, Israel.
Arm sales also come with lil benefits; training, maintenance etc, which those countries were unwilling to provide B'Cos of the U.S sanction.

If it wasn't political, the cash seizure, why was it suddenly released soon as government changed hands, or do u believe 'the good faith' bullshit the S.a gov't came up with.

Come correct bro, PMB has suddenly put his foot in it, let's see how he handles it.

3 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Gbsks: 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
Tosinayoko:
see what jonathan cause... May God reward jonathan of this evil
can you read?. Read the post and understand very well and then comment again

4 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by blecele: 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
I know it that Obama can never do anything for Nigeria unless we accepted his gay marriage offer. This is just the beginning you people have not seen anything or hear anything from Obama. I said it here that those who are rejoicing because Obama invited Buhari should watch it and see how far this pady pady should go.

3 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Gbsks: 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
azzima:
Please don't ever add Jonathan to anything good jor!. How can a government SMUGGLE $9M into another SOVEREIGN country to buy arms from the SAME sovereign country without the sovereign country's knowledge? ? Does that make any sense? ?Jonathan is the epitome of INCOMPETENCE!!!!
and buhari is the epitome of what?

4 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by FOLLOWJESUS: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
What a shame,after all this beging beging,wasting time and resourses,emptiness is the result,Buhari and APC led govt surpose to know that America is not our friend,as far as we don't alow them to controls us they can never like us,What kind of help will America render nigeria again after turning their back against us in a situation our brothers and sister are massacered in the north,how can you believe that a person who abandoned you at the time of crisis is your friend,boko haram GEJ almost defeated has resurected,since Buhari came to power boko haram has killed up to 700 people,is this progress?

2 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Gbsks: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

tell him joor, thats the problem with us africans.
Even america is as strong as russia and china combined.
Until Boko Haram moves to his environment, he will even be begging for gay marriage.
Lets swallow our pride and accept.
We have nothing to loose, its already the endtime.
shoro niyen!
Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
to mr president boko haram r not buying arms from america so we don't need america shits to disstroy them ok

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
Raylight2:
I knew it...the moment he said no to same sex marriage. I knew they'll decline his request... same thing they did to gej
And less than 24 hrs after his refusal of same sex marriage, suicide bombs went off in Gombe.

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by ohenhen1: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
Na lie

You can overcome the Leahy law if the FG investigates the reports and shows interest in making reforms. Obama is not trustworthy. I don't trust him. Nigeria should move on. Continue to get Military Hardware from Russia and China.

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
pazienza:

Don't blame US. Blame Nigeria for being unable to manufacture her own weapons. She had been cursed with bad leaders, now she has been turned to a beggar, begging to buy weapons from the world, when she has the human and mineral resources to be manufacturing her own weapons.

I said this when people were blaming GEJ for being unable to stop BH. A country that can't manufacture her weapons is a powerless country. No weapons, no military power.
Sad but true. In fact I don't know what is wrong with us Africans. Why can't we learn from history? The very reason we were conquered and colonised was our lack of modern weapons. Once we regained independence, our first priority should have been to ensure that never again would we lack the military wherewithal to protect ourselves. We must understand that in this world, military power is the only guarantee against victimization by others.

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by anigold(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
Justcash:

Source: http://dailytimes.com.ng/us-refuses-sell-weapons-nigeria/

No weapons because just like GEJ who refused to signed HOMOSEXUAL LAW...
Buhari should follow GEJ"s footsteps he should make friends with China,Russia etc...

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
Amya:

Nope!

The U.S's interest in Nigeria is way bigger than the gay laws everyone seems to be talking about! It's not about the oil either (a little part is though). Nigeria is the only country in Africa that has the makings of a world power. Population, check. Natural resources, check. diversity check.

Now, what people don't understand is that Nigeria's present backwardness and underdevelopment has been artificially engineered by the west post independence to keep us perpetually underdeveloped (I will not go into details). Inflicting such condition on countries that have potential for greatness greatly increases the powers of the suppressors (the west). They sincerely don't want any good for Nigeria cause it affects their own economy. For example, Nigeria is the junkyard of Millions of American used cars, with the automotive policy put in place by GEJ and the high import tariffs put in place for used cars, that will mean a loss of billions of dollars of revenue for the U.S. It's not restricted to cars, but everything! So don't you think they'd fight any genuine development that may be coming our way?

I've said it time and time again, America is the sponsor of boko haram! They seek to destabilize this country just so we'd never really grow.

One reason why I had great respect for GEJ was refused to be used as a puppet and he refused to bow to their wishes of making Nigeria their dumping ground. He knew what he was doing, but Nigerians didn't. They crucified him when he was only looking out for Nigerians. He said one day Nigerian will realise what they had and miss him. That day would most definitely come.

There's something that PMB did which I like though. He asked to purchase weapons and he didn't ask them to come and fight boko haram on our behalf which is the open invitation America is looking for so they'd come and completely destroy Nigeria.

For a woman you sound really clued up. Sorry to sound chauvinist.

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
breakeven:

The brains to manufacture the best arms are in Igbo land. Nigeria still don't trust the Igbo's, so we will rather import than to manufacture. Our DIC manufacture furniture instead of weapons. Uhmm, you see how our leaders think with their anus.
Stop talking rubbish. Every ethnic group and race has 'brains'. It is a question of policy at leadership level.
Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by anigold(m): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
CyberWolf:
Very good grin ...let's see what the dullakpo will do..Will he use the GEJ way to source for arms? Only time will tell. Though it might sound bad, but I must say it...Our president is a very big fool angry ...A country that refused to sell arms to your country to fight the monsters, blocked every other source through we can buy weapon, invited you and you foolishly went like a moroon He hosted you for four days raping you through anvs like a cheap sluttt and at the end, dump you by the gutter..tufiakwa!!

Criticisms is easy and cheap but performance is a different ball game. APC were busying criticizing and ridiculing GEJ,now APC is in charge and they are confused like a drunkard..
How can you make friendships with a fellow who cant assist you in times of troubles..

The same folks refused to sell armz to GEJ cos he refused to be a puppet and to agree on the homosexual laws...

Lets see how buhari and APC will handle the situations.. talk is cheap,actions are expensive...

2 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by anigold(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
ogb5:
Buhari need to refund the 2.2 billion naira wasted on this trip from the empty treasury.

Jonathan shunned the US and turned to Eastern Europe, Russia and China and we were making process against Boko Haram, Buhari has turned around to go crawling before Obama and came back empty handed.

There should be continuity in government, Buhari should follow the Jonathan route that was already yielding fruits.

Good points I hope our president will shun partisan politics and do the right..
Election is over time to work..
Go to russian,China,Germany,North korea and get weapons and silence this boko haram..

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by christinie(f): 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
Justcash:

Source: http://dailytimes.com.ng/us-refuses-sell-weapons-nigeria/
as he did not agree to gay marriage na. Obama the antichrist.
Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
I know USA will not help Naija government especially with refusal of gay marriage, and to hell with their aid or help, they should go n die. We can fight Boko Bois if and only if my northern muslim brothers and elders will talk to their children and clans by reporting and assisting in revealing those who join the group, enforce compulsory education for their wards and arrest & extinguish any mallam or pastor who preach extremism, banned wearing of long and all covered hijab like the way chad and cameroun are doing now. I bit U the boko issue will be a bygone.

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by anigold(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
Sweetlemon:
PMB should not behave like GEJ and rely on America.
There are other ways of doing it.

Please go to the romance section and open the "SEXUALITY" room...

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Amya(f): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
ROSSIKE:
For a woman you sound really clued up. Sorry to sound chauvinist.

Don't worry, I get that a lot!

2 Likes

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by anigold(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
seedsower:
Accept the guy law and watch America fight for you.

As America fought for Iraq and Afghanistan...
America has never defeated Terrorism in their history.... They are good in bullying small countries...

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by bendike: 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
onomeglo:
I don't knw why Nigeria and africans as a whole depends on American,when we have the facilities,equipment and abilities to tackles issues on our own,ok if USA is not yeilding why not change gear to anther level,germany,russia,Israel etc are there, this U.S this U.S that gotta stop joorh

most European countries cant sell to us cos their military hardware contain american components of which they have to get permission from the Usa before they can sell. This was the reason Jonathan had to face china, russia and eastern block countries for arms and ammunition.

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Malawian(m): 5:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
ocelot2006:

GEJ actually went East and bought weapons like the T-72AV and T-72M Main Battle Tanks, BPM IFV, BTR-4 APCs and Mi-35m Attack Helicopters from Russia, Ukraine, and Czech Republic, new Beryl rifles from Poland. From China he bought the massive CS-VP3 Bigfoot MRAPs and CH-A3 UCAVs (unmanned combat air vehicles). GEJ equally went West a bit as he bought the STREIT SPARTAN MK2 and MK3 Armoured Vehicles from Canada (UAE Production plant actually), and the IKRI LCAVs from Canada. From South Africa we bought the REVA MRAPs used solely by the Nigerian Army 72nd Mobile Strike Force (Special forces) and Springbuck MRAP, along with the Casspire APC for the NPF. From the Isrealis we got Tavor TAR-21 and CTAR-21 rifles for NAF-QRF, Navy SBS, and DSS. Also purchased are IWI Galil Ace Assault rifles for DSS, and Musketeer Saymar Light Armoured Vehicles for the NPF. The GEJ administration equally looked locally and purchased made in Nigeria Igirigi MRAPs, Nigerian made tactical vests from DICON-Marom Dolphin JVC, and light arms (OBJ-006 assault rifles, FN-FAL/NR-1 assault rifles, Beretta 92/NP-1 pistols, Browning Hi-Power pistols, GPMGs, Mortar tubes and munition, RPGs, from DICON.

For the Americans, we got nothing substantial from them. Just Harris Tactical radios, about 2 (ex-German Luftwaffe and upgraded) Alpha jets bought as attrition replacements bought from a flying club in the US (no US parts), and a bunch of Toyota Land cruiser jeeps and trucks. That's all.
my guy, all those things you were mentioning, are they all weapons of death?

chai. let there be everlasting peace in this zoo o.

i no fight again. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by suxkill: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
Na only Dullardiho waka come!!!
Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by kb77: 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
deniyor:
Buy Russian, Israeli or German. Even North Korea

Infact, lets start manufacturing our own guns. If they can, why can't we?

Op dat means u wan create enough armed robber nw oooo our own Gun ni hmmmm
Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by rotimi12: 5:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
NO MIND U.S. NA BECAUSE OF OUR ANTI-GAY LAW WEY MAKE THEM TO DEY VICTIMIZE US.BUT AS THE LORD LIVETH NIGERIA WILL NEVER JOIN THAT MADNESS.WE WILL NOT REPEAL THE ANTI-GAY LAW,RATHER WE WILL MAKE IT STRONGER BECAUSE OF OUR CHILDREN.
Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by swiffy(f): 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
I said it,MR TOURIST PRESIDENT ur waka no dey ever get head. u av been touring d world round since may 29 seeking 4 help 4rm oda countries. still no gud result. I know they forced u into dat position,u can't rule nigeria. Boko haram bombing northern part of d country since 19BC. Merciful GOD pls save nigeria.

1 Like

Re: America Has Refused To Sell Weapons To Buhari by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
pazienza:
Nigeria can't buy from UK, Russia or China. US will make sure of that. The Caucasian powers are like wolves, they close ranks and hunt in packs when it comes to the affairs of the blacks.

The Chinese are not ready to challenge the US yet, they will simply play it cool. Nigeria can't depend on China.

Yeah, you are right. The Caucasians also hunted in packs in support of Nigeria against Biafra. Nothing changed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / The Boy That Intercepted First Suicide Bomber That Attacked Borno Mosque (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.