Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,902 members, 7,863,105 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG (1305 Views)

Where Are Our First-class Graduates And Professors? / The Two Main Types Of First Class Graduates / How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2015
[b][img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/300x182xNYSC2-300x182.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8p6pv_0FQt.webp[/img]
Fresh university graduates with first class grades, and graduates of polytechnics with distinctions, would henceforth carry out their compulsory one year national service, under the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, programme, as lecturers in higher institutions.

The Director General of the NYSC, Brigadier-General Johnson Olawumi, made this revelation on Wednesday in Kaduna, while speaking at a two-day pre-mobilisation workshop for the 2015 Batch ”B” NYSC programme.

*NYSC members

Olawumi also said the NYSC is to introduce online certificate verification procedure to simplify the procedures for certificate verification and enquiries. This will help make participation into the national service more transparent and less cumbersome.

He noted that Nigerian universities have been henceforth banned from offering post-graduate admission to serving corps members as doing so have been in violation of the NYSC Act and brings in unwarranted distraction to their service programme.
At the workshop tagged “ICT and NYSC Mobilization Process: Towards Eliminating Identified Challenges,” the NYSC boss emphasized that henceforth “the posting policy scheme is also being vigorously implemented for the achievement of the desired impact. Pursuant to this, all corps members who graduated with first class/distinction degrees and Diplomas will be posted to Tertiary Institutions for effective utilization of their manpower.”
He therefore appealed to the authorities of all tertiary institution to reciprocate the gesture by accepting and offering them permanent appointment after service.

Olawumi equally promised to introduce further innovative ideas into the NYSC operations, adding that the gains arising from the 2015 Batch ‘A’ Pre-Mobilisation Workshop led to the full implementation of the use of ICT in registration of prospective corps members.
He pointed out that the use of ICT in that regard eliminated registration by proxy, reduced costs, curbed avoidable accidents, fast-tracked the payment of corps members on relocation and made deployment and relocation easier and faster, among several other gains.
Declaring the workshop open, the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, who was represented by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Alhaji Ibrahim Musa, applauded the decision to post first class graduate corps members to tertiary institutions, adding that with the paucity of lecturers in such institutions, it was an encouraging decision of the NYSC to do so.
El-Rufai equally applauded the attitude of corps members engaged in conducting national elections and census, stressing that their level of patriotism and sacrifices have elicited the support of his administration.

The governor said the scheme has so far justified the objectives for which it was established.
[/b]

Source: Vanguard
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Futureleader1(m): 7:56am On Jul 23, 2015
Nice move by the NYSC boards...#change kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2015
Futureleader1:
in your mind, you will think you are smart undecided
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Yustash001(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2015
Wow...interesting..
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by kinglekan: 8:13am On Jul 23, 2015
Ok
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by debris: 8:13am On Jul 23, 2015
Good abeg help us remove dx oldies wey no wan commot for teaching sit...

na so I see my high school teacher wey be grand ma wan still follow me mark waec paper undecided
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by keandre: 8:23am On Jul 23, 2015
undecided
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 23, 2015
Yustash001:
Wow...interesting..
yeah.
this will motivate us (currently undergradutes) to study harder.

lalasticlala Richiez, Fynestboi
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Futureleader1(m): 8:33am On Jul 23, 2015
blueto:
in your mind, you will think you are smart undecided
not my fault that you are not smart cry cry cry
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 23, 2015
debris:
Good abeg help us remove dx oldies wey no wan commot for teaching sit...

na so I see my high school teacher wey be grand ma wan still follow me mark waec paper undecided

calm down. bohari promised to retire the over age.
soon enough smiley
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2015
Futureleader1:
not my fault that you are not smart cry cry cry
it will regarded as "selfishnes"If I create a topic and still be the first to comment
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Futureleader1(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2015
blueto:
it will regarded as "selfishnes"If I create a topic and still be the first to comment
who no sabi say u dey sell fish...abeg park well joor! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by lalasticlala(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2015
blueto:
yeah.
this will motivate us (currently undergradutes) to study harder.

lalasticlala Richiez, Fynestboi

https://www.nairaland.com/2470083/first-class-graduates-serve-tertiary
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2015
wow
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
lalasticlala:

https://www.nairaland.com/2470083/first-class-graduates-serve-tertiary
wow.
I never knew there was an ideming news before I posted it, even while I appraise the section before proceeding.

thank You.a bonafide moderator smiley
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by kcwitch(m): 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
It is already a common practice even before he said it. But must it be universities only?
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
kcwitch:
It is already a common practice even before he said it. But must it be universities only?
Yeah. only universities
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Universities – NYSC DG by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
Futureleader1:
Nice move by the NYSC boards...#change kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
change?
must you politicize everything angry
this development would have stil emerged if Gej was still our current president

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Weekness- Try This / Kaduna State University, Diploma & Direct-entry Form 2015 Is On.(0 8061335186) / NNPC / Mobil 2015/2016 Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.