Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Christians Please Explain These Verses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Please Explain These Verses (879 Views)

Christians , Please What's Your Take On This / Can Someone Explain How Peaceful Muslims Can Be With These Verses? / Christians,please Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Is Regards As Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Please Explain These Verses by Addietunes(m): 9:21am On Jul 23, 2015
These verses are according to me the most controversial verses in the bible. I have asked a lot of pastors around my area and all they said was that I should ask the holy spirit for explanations.

I urge every bible scholar and christian here to explain the verses because Jesus Christ himself said in Mathew 10:33 that " whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven".

Here are the verses

Psalm 96:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

1 chronicles 16:30 king James Version (KJV)

30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Psalm 93:1King James Version (KJV)

93 The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

According to these verses, the world is immovable, which is wrong. If these verses are wrong, then the bible contain errors, but if the verses are not, please explain.
Re: Christians Please Explain These Verses by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 23, 2015
So if any of your friends tell you 'Addietunes'. You are a strong guy, you can't be moved, you are unshakeable, you get liver, nothing do you, you can never be moved no matter what you are going through.............. So, does that actually translates to - you will be motionless and just stand like a zombie @ a spot?! Or like a dummy? You realy need the Holy Spirit to guide you as those Men of God advised you. God bless you.... Read these passages and confirm where the Holy Bible tells us that the World/Earth is round and movable.............. Isaiah 40:22, Job 26:10, Proverb 8:27 and Luke 17: 31-34. God bless you again........

4 Likes

Re: Christians Please Explain These Verses by sonmvayina(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2015
Poetry...
Re: Christians Please Explain These Verses by Image123(m): 11:12am On Jul 23, 2015
The world na, not this world. Go ask the Holy Spirit next time instead of lazily asking here. Is the world supposed to fall or end because you didn't understand some Bible verse? God gives you eternal life, healing, name of Jesus, power,deliverance, provisions, favour, family etc. You leave all that and more for a crises of faith over a couple of verses? Grow up please.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Please Explain These Verses by Addietunes(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
modelmike7:
So if any of your friends tell you 'Addietunes'. You are a strong guy, you can't be moved, you are unshakeable, you get liver, nothing do you, you can never be moved no matter what you are going through.............. So, does that actually translates to - you will be motionless and just stand like a zombie @ a spot?! Or like a dummy? You realy need the Holy Spirit to guide you as those Men of God advised you. God bless you.... Read these passages and confirm where the Holy Bible tells us that the World/Earth is round and movable.............. Isaiah 40:22, Job 26:10, Proverb 8:27 and Luke 17: 31-34. God bless you again........

I'm sorry, but according to the verses you typed there, the shape of the earth is circle and not spherical. There is a big difference between the two of the them, one is a plane shape and the other is a solid shape. Your explanations too are out of point. You have not yet given a full explanation to my post. Imagine if someone recite you this verse without telling you its from the bible, would you be saying what you are saying? You need to know this , from my research, I have found out that during the dark ages, humans generally believed the earth is flat and immovable ( Isaiah 11:12, acts 1:8 and Matthew 28:20 can testify to that ). I now know that the bible was written during this period, that's why its written like that in the bible.
Re: Christians Please Explain These Verses by Addietunes(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
modelmike7:

Besides, if you are trying to relate me, a human to a large solid planet, you should know that is also wrong. I am human, my belief can't be moved ( just like what you meant by the word "move"wink but for a world like earth, you can't say the same. Please give me another form of explanation, this one is invalid.
Re: Christians Please Explain These Verses by kay1one2(m): 5:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
Enrol in English classes now while it is still early.
Re: Christians Please Explain These Verses by Sibe007(m): 1:36am On Jul 24, 2015
Addietunes:
These verses are according to me the most controversial verses in the bible. I have asked a lot of pastors around my area and all they said was that I should ask the holy spirit for explanations.

I urge every bible scholar and christian here to explain the verses because Jesus Christ himself said in Mathew 10:33 that " whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven".

Here are the verses

10 Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

93 The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

According to these verses, the world is immovable, which is wrong. If these verses are wrong, then the bible contain errors, but if the verses are not, please explain.

OP, what explanation do you want, what do you want to understand or learn, what point are you trying to prove, If you can honestly answer those questions for yourself, you would know if this is the best way to achieve it.

Picking a verse and making conclusion is not a very enlightened thing to do. I would not do that. We don't learn by doing so.
Re: Christians Please Explain These Verses by Esdb3: 7:57am On Aug 02, 2015
Addietunes:

Here are the verses

The earth moves in a particular trajectory that cannot be changed therefore immovable.

(1) (Reply)

Church General Overseer Converts To Islam In Ekiti And Gives Reasons ( / The Bible Promises, False Prophets Will Be Punished, Here Is An Example. / ...seriously No One Is Begging U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.