Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

50 Cent Has Been Living A Faked Lifestyle - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 50 Cent Has Been Living A Faked Lifestyle (897 Views)

50 Cent Hails Roman Goddess Backside On Instagram (Photos) / Queen Blessing Itua Features In Hollywood Movie, Poses With 50 Cent On Set / Some World Billionaires, Celebrities Living A Humble Life With Simple Cars. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50 Cent Has Been Living A Faked Lifestyle by xtremeidea(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2015
50 Cent can no longer afford to take you to the candy shop. The "Disco Inferno" rapper, 40, appeared in court in Manhattan on Tuesday, July 22, to discuss his finances as he faces a $5 million lawsuit.

The musician is famous for rapping about his success and wealth with tracks like "P.I.M.P.," "Straight to the Bank," and "I Get Money," but according to his new testimony, it was all a lie. The New York Daily News reports that 50 said in his session at the Manhattan Supreme Court that his image is manufactured.

"It's entertainment," he said of the over-the-top lifestyle he promotes in his music videos, on social media, and in interviews -- one that includes nights in swanky clubs, rides in luxury cars, and stacks upon stacks of cash.

The star, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, revealed that he doesn't own many of the cars in his arsenal such as a Bentley and Ferrari, saying, "Those cars were rented." He added that he "borrowed" much of his other swag, including diamond jewelry.

View gallery50 Cent Testifies: I Borrowed Gold Chains, Watches, …
50 Cent celebrates his birthday at The Pool After Dark at Harrah's Resort on July 8.
PHOTOS: Stars Share Secrets: Read Celebs' Shocking Confessions

Fifty, who said he has only "a few gold chains" officially to his name, went on to explain that he's paid 10 cents per record for his music sales, and took home totals in the low six figures for his recent big-screen appearances in Spy and Southpaw.

The G-Unit performer went so far as to file for bankruptcy earlier this month, but still seems to be in good spirits despite his financial troubles. He smiled as he walked up to the courthouse on Tuesday, and spoke candidly to Conan O'Brien about the state of his wealth in an interview last week.

"I need protection," he said on Conan of his filing. "You look like you're doing okay... I gotta be frank with you... You know, you get a bullseye pinned on my back. When you're successful, and you're publicly known, you become the ideal person for people to have lawsuits for."

Source: https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/50-cent-testifies-manufactured-lavish-lifestyle-borrowed-chains-133705163-us-weekly.html

Re: 50 Cent Has Been Living A Faked Lifestyle by donholy28(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2015
Isn't that how all celebrities live...fake...dem go buy aba 300# watch and tell us its 3.5$ dollar watch
Re: 50 Cent Has Been Living A Faked Lifestyle by tobtap: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2015
I BELIEVE HE IS LYING SO THAT HE WILL NOT PAY THE 5 MILLION DOLLARS TO RICK ROSS EX

1 Like

Re: 50 Cent Has Been Living A Faked Lifestyle by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2015
Most celebs are in the same shoe with 50cents. They live a fake live and sing as if they are in money. Girls starts running after them thinking they can get their own share just to be disappointed. Even in Naija here an unknown and unpopular musician does the same thing. fake!!

www.aftatech.com
Re: 50 Cent Has Been Living A Faked Lifestyle by stevecantrell: 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
tobtap:
I BELIEVE HE IS LYING SO THAT HE WILL NOT PAY THE 5 MILLION DOLLARS TO RICK ROSS EX
Re: 50 Cent Has Been Living A Faked Lifestyle by tope3x(m): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
Believe him at your own peril....50 cent is stinckinly rich and that's the truth

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Baby Dedication Ceremony Of Uche Rodriguez & Hubby's Son In Houston / Photos: Rukky Sanda Show Off H Boobs On Display In Sexy Outfit To Movie Premiere / I Will Apologize To My Side Chicks Before Getting Married- MI Abaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.