Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here (3721 Views)

Photos Of A Big Python Killed In A Farm / Farm Job Employers Source / Those Interested In Buying Seedlings As World1 Goes To Kenya, Post Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by WalesWonder811(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
Farm jobs should be the easiest job to find but it is like young farmers who do not have the capital to start their own farm business to look elsewhere for job offer. Whereas some big, small and medium sized farms are employing. So if you're interested in farm jobs kindly post here your name, email, location, your strength and the position you desire. Thank you
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by AdeniyiA(m): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
WalesWonder811:
Farm jobs should be the easiest job to find but it is like young farmers who do not have the capital to start their own farm business to look elsewhere for job offer. Whereas some big, small and medium sized farms are employing. So if you're interested in farm jobs kindly post here your name, email, location, your strength and the position you desire. Thank you
it'd be better to drop an email add for privacy purpose

1 Like

Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by fison(m): 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
[quote author=WalesWonder811 post=36195188]Farm jobs should be the easiest job to find but it is like young farmers who do not have the capital to start their own farm business to look elsewhere for job offer. Whereas some big, small and medium sized farms are employing. So if you're interested in farm jobs kindly post here your name, email, location, your strength and the position you desire. Thank you

Nice one@OP, this is a wonderful initiative.
Name: ADEKANMI, Adewumi Gabriel
Strength: I hold Bachelor degree in Fisheries Management, I can work on any aspect involve in Fishery section, breeding inclusive, maintenance, grading et'al.
E-mail: I will send you a "pm" because of spammers on nairaland.
Thanks as I look forward to seeing you positive response
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by ajokbem: 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Farm attendant needed @ Beem Farms in Ijebu ode. Preferably male, can be secondary school leaver or unskilled.
On farm accommodation available. Salary is 10k. Interested people should address their application to the manager, beem farms, 18, baale street, latogun ijebu ode. E-mail- beemey_201@yahoo.com.
For details contact - 08138633994
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by omo17(m): 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Am olusola, based in Abeokuta.
Am also looking for a farm job, am a graduate of economics, pls if there is any vacation position am interested. Tanks
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by olukemiyemi: 9:26am On Jun 08, 2016
Farm Manager needed in a medium sized vegetable farm in Ikorodu. We grow both in a few greenhouses and Open field.

The person should have studied agronomy or a crop science related course at least at OND level. Some experience in managing/working in a farm with greenhouses is desirable. Accommodation close to the farm can be arranged if you live far from Ikorodu. kindly send an email to shallomee@yahoo.ca if interested.
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by Smartslim17: 10:49am On Jun 08, 2016
olukemiyemi:
Farm Manager needed in a medium sized vegetable farm in Ikorodu. We grow both in a few greenhouses and Open field.

The person should have studied agronomy or a crop science related course at least at OND level. Some experience in managing/working in a farm with greenhouses is desirable. Accommodation close to the farm can be arranged if you live far from Ikorodu. kindly send an email to shallomee@yahoo.ca if interested.

Pls if there is any vacancy for inexperience worker on ur farm, kindly let me know, am based in Abeokuta.
Anybody dat has vacancy in abeokuta should please let me know. I need a job nd am ready to learn on duty. I love agriculture but I don't av any means to start.

1 Like

Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by wiston09: 11:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
WalesWonder811:

Why cant you attached ur email to the post so that interested ones can contact u direct for privacy sake....thanks
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by jethro2: 11:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
Due to constant request for experience farm managers from our clients, we have decided to train unemployed youth who on successful completion of the training will be recommended and reffered to the various agribusiness companies that requires their service.
Our core training crops are vegetables such as
Tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, ugu, okra, lettuce, chilli peppers etc.
What it entails.
Succesfully growing vegetables
Green house farming
Diseases and pest control
Marketing your produce
Targeting the right season
Irrigation system
Oppourtunity in Dairy farming
Preservation of vegetables
Etc
Requirement for Participation
* Participants must have passion for agriculture and agribusiness. Be prepared to learn as we work.
* Participants should be prepare to undergo training for minimum of 3 months. 80% participation level is required
* Participants should be prepare to follow stipulated rules and regulations on the farm.
* Participant will be responsible for their feeding and maintenance for the training period.
* Participants who will like to be accommodated will be require to pay N15,000 for the 3 months period.
* Registration starts immediately.
* Its on first come first serve basis.
Training Location:
Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA of Oyo State.
Resumption Date.
June 6 2016
Send mail to adesola_yinka@yahoo.com
Or call 08188540096 to register.

NOTE.
Next session comes up September 5th - November 25.
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by 1Jamany(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
I Studied Agricultural Economics and Farm Management.
Also certified in Project Management Professional (PMP)

ilyasjamiu@gmail.com
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by wiston09: 10:07am On Jun 17, 2016
I studied Animal production and health, with certify cert on Functional Communication Strategies and Work Place Productivity and Effectiveness, ICT, PMP
isaacoke09@gmail.com
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by Odufaikhimalo(f): 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by world1(m): 12:07am On Jun 18, 2016
Smartslim17:

Pls if there is any vacancy for inexperience worker on ur farm, kindly let me know, am based in Abeokuta.
Anybody dat has vacancy in abeokuta should please let me know. I need a job nd am ready to learn on duty. I love agriculture but I don't av any means to start.
Contact me, you will learn on the job at HABDEC. 2348065220074
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by oshane: 11:08am On Aug 03, 2016
hi
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by Walexwal: 9:15am On Aug 06, 2016
Looking for the post of a Farm Manager. Am a graduate of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management with years of experience both in practical and theoretical aspects.
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by jethro2: 9:48am On Aug 06, 2016
About The Farm Manager Training And Vacancy
1. Will you pay for the training?
"I think you should be the one paying us for providing you an avenue to be gainfully employed"
2. Must I stay on the farm for 3 months?
" The period is for us to put you through what and what is expected of you to manage a vegetable farm successfully.
3. Is the Farm Manager Job guarantee after the training?
" Yes.
But you have to prove to us that you are the right person for the job.
4. I am a graduate of crop production, animal science etc.
"But we both know how the Nigerian Education System works. Its all theory and no practical.
Real life is quite different from class work.
5. But I have experience.....
"The more reason you should prove to us your capability. The training period will give you maximum opportunity to do that.
6. Will you feed us?
"No. We will not.
You are to take care of your feeding.
7. How much is the tuition fee?
" The tuition is free.
8. What about accomodation.?
" We made arrangement for accommodation at the rate of N15,000 for the 3 month duration.
9. Apart from the accomodation fee which other financial expenses is involved?
"None other than for you to take care of yourself. You also need to transport yourself to and fro from the farm.
10. What should I budget for the transport.
" N50 from and to farm.
11 How many days in a week do we go to farm
" Monday-Friday is full day.
Saturday is half day
No farm on Sunday.
12. What will my feeding budget look like?
" A moinmoin wrap is N10 likewise an Akpu or fufu wrap. Not sure you can finish 10 wrap.
13. Is there network in the farm?
"Yes.
All the networks are present.
14. Must I stay for 3 months?
"Yes.
If you would be needing our recommendation
15. Is it compulsory I work for your clients after the training?
" No. You might choose to work for yourself.
16. Do you give loans?
No. We don't have the capacity for loan and lending yet.
Please feel free to send us any other concern you might have
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by jethro2: 9:51am On Aug 06, 2016
Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2 : 9:05pm On Aug 03
Our clients in Ogun and Oyo State require the service of Farm Managers on their farm.
Qualification Requirements:
Must be a fast learner and have high level of commitment to work.
Must have undergone minimum of 3 month intensive agribusiness training at Ago Amodu Farm Settlement
Benefits
Good Salary Package
Accommodation etc.
For more details call 08064688501, 08188540096.
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by 4starstunna(m): 4:10am On Aug 22, 2016
Ezuma chika.lagos,08108001365.BAgric.Tech.Animal Science and Tech,ezumachika@gmail.com
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by domack99(m): 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2017
Am looking for a partner in my farming business.

Farming experience will be a added advantage but I need someone that can be dedicated to the work.

Please am not looking for a farm manager that I will be paying monthly and no financial commitment is required from said partner also. Just the person energy and commitment only. All necessary support will be giving.

You can PM me or drop you contact if you are qualify and interested.
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2017
am an agricultural engineer
galladima askira is my name
email:askibeeoluwole@gmail.com
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by Ezinwa25(f): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2017
domack99:

Farming experience will be a added advantage but I need someone that can be dedicated to the work.

Please am not looking for a farm manager that I will be paying monthly and no financial commitment is required from said partner also. Just the person energy and commitment only. All necessary support will be giving.

Location please
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by Fish4wealth: 8:38am On Dec 28, 2017
Many thanks to the op I must acknowledge but my worries still bothers on the youths sincerity in actually seeking for job.
Going through the thread, ii still beats my imagination why our youths will not take advantage of numerous alternatives today to use what they have to get what they want......many sound qualifications above...that can turned to self employment.
No crime to seek for salary paid job in the agric sectors but in reality, how many farms can afford a monthly salaries which the worth is good enough for a certificate holder... Hence, the collapse of most farms due to lack of direct labours......
My candid advise to job seekers interested in agric job is to ascertain their conviction....get hands on training from a reliable farm, such experiences will afford you funding opportunities....
Year 2018 is a promising year for funding, as application will soon be opened for youths between the ages of 18-40years. @AgroWealth Network, we offer opportunities to interested aspiring agropreneurs both in farming and grant application. And such for now must be a resident in Lagos.
Interested to know more.....contact....agrowealth001@gmail.com
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by yomie040(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
domack99:

am interested, ur location
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by Thomywah: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2017
I'm a graduate of Agricultural Economics currently undergoing my msc degree.Any available farm job will highly be appreciated....location-ilorin
Phone number-08037275579
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by Waffarianman(m): 9:36am On Dec 29, 2017
Good day people is good we that have a farm and wants someone to work for you to put the amount of salary. To know who will love to go for it
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by Waffarianman(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2017
Good day people is good we that have a farm and wants someone to work for you to put the amount of salary. To know who will love to go for it

Thanks
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by domack99(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ezinwa25:

Location please

Off Lagos Ibadan expressway, behind Four-Square church
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by domack99(m): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
yomie040:

am interested, ur location

Off Lagos Ibadan expressway, behind Four-Square church
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by afolabi1972: 9:18am On Jan 07, 2018
I need a farm job, I have two years experience in Fish Farm as Farm Manager or Supervisor. This is my contact number 08023530627, 08175615463 and my e mail is kamorudeen72@gmail.com. I am ready to work in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo State provided there is accommodation.
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by TinwotFarm1(m): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2018
ASSISTANT FARM MANAGER NEEDED

Tinwot Organic Farm has one vacancy for an Assistant Farm Manager to be in charge of the crops section, which includes vegetables, rice, plantain, cassava, root crops (yam, sweet potato) and fruit trees. The successful candidate will report to the Manager and have the following qualifications:

- undergraduate degree or higher in agriculture
- at least 5 years post-graduate experience in crop production, especially vegetables
- good agronomy skill set
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer literacy

The starting salary is N90,000 a month with additional bonuses possible based on performance. There is accommodation on the farm. The job is Monday to Saturday. The farm is located in Imope, which is around Agbowa, Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

Interested candidates should please send their CV to: amsad01@yahoo.com, subject title "Assistant Farm Manager". Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by jerryadindu123(m): 3:19am On Jan 08, 2018
I am Adindu Ugochukwu Chima I hold a degree in Animal Production.
I am interested in Assistant Farm Manager position/livestock consultancy.
Highly knowledgeable in Animal production (poultry, piggery and rabbits)
Email: jerryadindu@yahoo.com
Phone number: 07035455030
Current Location: Lagos
Re: If You're Looking For A Farm Job. Post Here by sweetum: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good day, I am a graduate of Agricultural Economics. I reside in Port-Harcourt. I am an experienced Agricultural Personnel with both practical and theoretical knowledge in agronomy, horticulture, crop protection, animal husbandry etc. I have interest in sustainable agriculture.
I also have certifications in HSE and Project Management.
I am available for a job in any kind of Agricultural Enterprise, Farm Management jobs et
I am diligent, smart and innovative. My number is 07064670927.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Reliable Are Point Of Lay Birds Sourced From Poultry Plaza? / Benefit Of Super Gro For Poultry Farming / Where Can I Buy Sizeable Snails In Bulk/bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.