Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US (945 Views)

"Buhari Has Anaemia", Femi Williams, Professor Of Medicine / Zuriel Elise Oduwole Speaks At UN "I've Seen A Lot Already" (Photos) / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by FORUMgod: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2015
United States government has said President Muhammadu Buhari has a lot of work to do to end the ongoing Boko Haram attacks in the country.

This was stated at a press briefing on Wednesday by the US Department of State.

According to the US Department of State’s spokesman, John Kirby, the US will do what it can to help the Federal Government. He added that the exact amount of money the US government will commit to the fight against terrorism in Nigeria was not available at the time he was fielding questions from journalists.

Kirby said, “We want to do what we can to help President Buhari as he begins to form his government and set the priorities and goals for his administration. Certainly security support with respect to counter-terrorism, particularly Boko Haram. He has already taken some steps, particularly in the security sector, to try to improve their ability to go after a group like that. You know he basically hired all new chiefs of staff for his military services.

“So there’s a lot of work to do, and he was very frank yesterday that he knows he has a lot of work to do. And he does want the support and help – again, I just – I can get you the dollar figure later. But I suspect that that support will change too over time as the needs in Nigeria are better defined going forward under his leadership.”

In a related development, Boko Haram on Wednesday killed 50 people following two suicide attacks and series of bomb blasts in Gombe State and Cameroon.

Last week (Thursday), 49 people were killed in a bomb attack on a market in the state.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-has-a-lot-to-do-us/

lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by ichoku: 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
Does Buhari himself know this? Fighting achaic enemies is definitely not part of it.
Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by etiosa97(m): 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
Cool
Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by FORUMgod: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
truely he got a lot to do.. rada dan concentrate and handle issues at hand hes busy touring and taking pics..smh
Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by djakinwande(m): 5:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmmm grin
Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by nobilis: 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
FORUMgod:
truely he got a lot to do.. rada dan concentrate and handle issues at hand hes busy touring and taking pics..smh

Bad belle.
When GEJ was touring and taking pictures, I didn't see you complaining.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by baralatie(m): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
of course he has a lot of work to do that is why he needs a formidable think tank executive as at yesterday and not governors who ran state into deficits as economic councils!
Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by seunmsg(m): 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
He's already doing the needful.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by ERODEDEAST(f): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
After Hosting him. grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin.
Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by Fleshly: 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
nobilis:

Bad belle.
When GEJ was touring and taking pictures, I didn't see you complaining.

Thunder fire your there! What has GEJ got to do with this. May GEJ's soul continue to torment you and your family. IDiaT!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by Dannyset(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2015
Am sure he knows all these, and that's why he's been taking all those steps and forming allies.
Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by bugzbunny: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
Let him continue taking pictures with his cows
Re: Buhari Has A Lot To Do – US by nobilis: 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
Fleshly:

Thunder fire your there! What has GEJ got to do with this. May GEJ's soul continue to torment you and your family. IDiaT!

Lol.
What is paining you so much that you have to rain abuses on me?
What is eating you up?
Why is your soul bathed in so much bitterness?

The post I mentioned wasn't even your own.
Lol.
Bitterness don kill guys for naija oo.
Guy, leave bitterness alone so that u can be happy.

(1) (Reply)

KPMG, PwC to audit NNPC, CBN, Customs, others / PHCN ON STRIKE. Rivers State In Total Blackout / Tension As The Race For Ooni Splits Ruling Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.