Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? (1929 Views)

Free Automation Training On Nairaland / PLC Automation Easter Training Promo With Free HSE Training And Certification / Get Trained In Intrumentation And Automation/control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
Good Day Nairalanders

I am an Instrument and Automation Engineer…I Studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I believe that there are people here who can help me with a job, people of influence. I have heard how people got job via Nairaland and I tap into their testimony. I may never know where this effort will reach, but try I must.

While this may appear a little bit awkward, I am fully aware that most jobs in my Profession are not primarily advertised publicly, but many times through proper networking channels i.e. Word-of-Mouth. So I want to use this medium to ask those who work in related field as I do, and as well as those who may not necessarily be in such departments within their Organization but their company require Engineers who are skilled in Instrumentation and Automation systems.

I have in-depth understanding of programming of Different PLCs: ALLEN BRADLEY MICROLOGIX 1400, Delta DVP EX2, SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300, ABB 07KR51, GE-FANUC VERSAMAX, OMRON, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC TWIDO and Interfacing with various Control Devices and other third Party devices.

I am also skilled in Programming of Honeywell, Delta V and ABB DCS, use of 475 Field HART Communicator, Pressure Calibrator, Temperature Calibrator, Multi-Function Calibrator etc.

I am also familiar with the use different test equipment: HART, DEAD WEIGHT TESTER, overhauling and calibration of control valves and reading and interpretation of P & ID, Electrical Diagrams.

I also have experience in teaching and evaluating trainees on the basic principles of Electrical Instrumentation and Control.
So I know the value I will be bringing to my organisation. It has taken me considerable investment in time and money to learn. I have attended trainings in Nigeria and also gone to abroad to acquire these skills.

The industry sector opportunities mainly comprise careers related to continuous operating plants for the following: Chemicals, agrochemicals, petrochemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, cement, paper, polymers, petroleum refining, power generation, oil and gas fields (onshore and offshore), industrial and scientific gas production, pharmaceuticals, breweries, distilleries, food production, processing and beverages, iron, steel and other metal refining companies, textiles and yarn.

My job as an Engineer will be as a part of the company that designs these plants, constructs these plants, maintains these plants, sells or services instrumentation and controls for these plants.

Some private companies are designated EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) companies. Their construction group does installation and commissioning or in some cases also maintenance. Also there are many other companies only doing construction and installation. My work will include designing Instrumentation and control systems for various process equipment, preparing process and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and selecting the best instrument, control and/or automation technique from amongst different vendors to suit the process.
Remember, however small any job may be, I see to it that I do it; I also keep my mind open for bigger opportunities. I am not sitting idle searching for my dream job. I want to work on new and emerging engineering frontiers.

For those still searching for job opportunities do not stop developing yourself. Save money for opportunities to do some core trainings in the areas you see you seek career progression. It is only those who are prepared that will seize opportunities in their moments. Be rest assured, opportunities will come. Just be prepared. How do I know this? Because when I did not have these skills, opportunities came and I was not prepared. So I acquired them and just recently, I returned from a training in India for the purpose of continued professional development. Use the power of the internet to develop yourself. Do not get rusty. There are very good resources online.

Finally, Nigeria is woefully inadequate in terms of providing these training opportunities to young graduate professionals with the necessary skills to improve their employability. There are very few well-equipped training centers in the Country that can adequately impact these skills to students. More so, they are very expensive for our young professionals to afford. However, find the skills you need, and excellently strive to acquire them.

Please kindly reach out if you want to talk Instrumentation, Automation, seeking to find new talents for your organisation, business…and also if you love The Arsenal.

Summa Cum Laude
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by belcom10(m): 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
abeg megamind make will rob minds 2gether
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by belcom10(m): 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
i once stumble at a job in dubai posted by a group member on facebook luking for some one in ur related discipline. Though i find it interested then to apply bt i culd nt meet up wit d requirement. I always one to get certified jst like u most esp. In d area of plc. So i believe it is necessary for us to knw more abt each other as this will tak us a long way to the top of our career. Thks . Info is power.
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by belcom10(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
here
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by yissi: 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
Megamindset, very attractive CV you have got Sir. I would like to ask you some questions
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 18, 2015
belcom10:
here is my mail, ksolo1910@gmail.com

Please reach me at zero seven zero three two two one four two six nine or leonard.omofomah(at)gmail.com.

Note: the (at) is your regular '@' symbol.

Thanks.
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 18, 2015
yissi:
Megamindset, very attractive CV you have got Sir. I would like to ask you some questions

Please reach me at zero seven zero three two two
one four two six nine or leonard.omofomah
(at)gmail.com.
Note: the (at) is your regular '@' symbol.
Thanks.
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by latade: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2018
Hello, I have interest in learning Automation and instrumentation, how can you be of help ?
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by taimorenics(m): 3:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
Good Day Nairalanders

I am an Instrument and Automation Engineer…I Studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I believe that there are people here who can help me with a job, people of influence. I have heard how people got job via Nairaland and I tap into their testimony. I may never know where this effort will reach, but try I must.

While this may appear a little bit awkward, I am fully aware that most jobs in my Profession are not primarily advertised publicly, but many times through proper networking channels i.e. Word-of-Mouth. So I want to use this medium to ask those who work in related field as I do, and as well as those who may not necessarily be in such departments within their Organization but their company require Engineers who are skilled in Instrumentation and Automation systems.

I have in-depth understanding of programming of Different PLCs: ALLEN BRADLEY MICROLOGIX 1400, Delta DVP EX2, SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300, ABB 07KR51, GE-FANUC VERSAMAX, OMRON, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC TWIDO and Interfacing with various Control Devices and other third Party devices.

I am also skilled in Programming of Honeywell, Delta V and ABB DCS, use of 475 Field HART Communicator, Pressure Calibrator, Temperature Calibrator, Multi-Function Calibrator etc.

I am also familiar with the use different test equipment: HART, DEAD WEIGHT TESTER, overhauling and calibration of control valves and reading and interpretation of P & ID, Electrical Diagrams.

I also have experience in teaching and evaluating trainees on the basic principles of Electrical Instrumentation and Control.
So I know the value I will be bringing to my organisation. It has taken me considerable investment in time and money to learn. I have attended trainings in Nigeria and also gone to abroad to acquire these skills.

The industry sector opportunities mainly comprise careers related to continuous operating plants for the following: Chemicals, agrochemicals, petrochemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, cement, paper, polymers, petroleum refining, power generation, oil and gas fields (onshore and offshore), industrial and scientific gas production, pharmaceuticals, breweries, distilleries, food production, processing and beverages, iron, steel and other metal refining companies, textiles and yarn.

My job as an Engineer will be as a part of the company that designs these plants, constructs these plants, maintains these plants, sells or services instrumentation and controls for these plants.

Some private companies are designated EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) companies. Their construction group does installation and commissioning or in some cases also maintenance. Also there are many other companies only doing construction and installation. My work will include designing Instrumentation and control systems for various process equipment, preparing process and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) and selecting the best instrument, control and/or automation technique from amongst different vendors to suit the process.
Remember, however small any job may be, I see to it that I do it; I also keep my mind open for bigger opportunities. I am not sitting idle searching for my dream job. I want to work on new and emerging engineering frontiers.

For those still searching for job opportunities do not stop developing yourself. Save money for opportunities to do some core trainings in the areas you see you seek career progression. It is only those who are prepared that will seize opportunities in their moments. Be rest assured, opportunities will come. Just be prepared. How do I know this? Because when I did not have these skills, opportunities came and I was not prepared. So I acquired them and just recently, I returned from a training in India for the purpose of continued professional development. Use the power of the internet to develop yourself. Do not get rusty. There are very good resources online.

Finally, Nigeria is woefully inadequate in terms of providing these training opportunities to young graduate professionals with the necessary skills to improve their employability. There are very few well-equipped training centers in the Country that can adequately impact these skills to students. More so, they are very expensive for our young professionals to afford. However, find the skills you need, and excellently strive to acquire them.

Please kindly reach out if you want to talk Instrumentation, Automation, seeking to find new talents for your organisation, business…and also if you love The Arsenal.

Summa Cum Laude

hello sir, I respect and envy your contents, pls I need to know you, how may I reach you most expecially you digit would be preferable. Would love to learn from you sir. Here's my whatsapp number sir 07060931022
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by OShepherd: 9:17am On Feb 06, 2019
Good Day Nairalanders

Summa Cum Laude

Fantastic!

1 Like

Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by lequama10: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2019
OShepherd:
Fantastic!
Hello sir please can I get to talk to you , will like your advice on a similar training I am trying to engaged in soon... My number 08165350000
Re: Any Instrumetation And Automation Professional Here? by Mosimileoluwa12: 11:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
Please how I get your phone number? We need to talk!!!

(1) (Reply)

Become Air Cargo Agent In Any Airport In Nigeria And Make 20k Daily / How I Got A Remote Job / Helicopter Piloting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.