Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,752 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Basics Of PHP Programming? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Basics Of PHP Programming? (8110 Views)

Everyday PHP Programming Challenge (solved) / A PHP Programming Problem...im Stuck / I Need Advanced PHP Programming,ajax And JS Ebooks, Pls!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by DevDel(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2006
Alexis, I am yet to recieve my own copy please. my addy is dejiafolabi@hotmail.com.
Ol' boy you don become 'local champion' with this your stuff o. ha ha ha grin
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by fellybabe(f): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2006

pls, am yet to get it

alexis pls, pls, pls, pls, pls,
email addy is fellyadet@yahoo.com
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2006
fellow, fellybabe, Devdel,

I just sent you guys the php ebook. make sure you check your junk folder if you are using yahoo.

Devdel, please make sure you have 7mb or more free in your hotmail account.

Cheers
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2006
Devdel,

Your hotmail box is full, this is the 3rd time I am getting this message

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

dejiafolabi@hotmail.com

Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-mc10-f11.bay0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;smtp.ecoband.net.gh
Arrival-Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:04:47 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;dejiafolabi@hotmail.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.2 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by samuelanya(m): 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2006
This thread is sure interesting, I am a new member, but I have always found ways of getting free ebooks, (legitimate and illegitimate - i am not bothered). I usually use google, but prefer the books to be in pdf format, so when I search, I use something like this: "php mysql filetype:pdf". And it gets me thousands of pdfs (I believe they are legitimate) that you can download. I dont know why yahoo doesn't process the filetype:pdf addon-string the same way.
Another thing I use is P2P applications (my favourite is: mp3 rocket, always have a way of slipping through firewalls that warez, bittorrent, kaza cannot pass through). If you are downloading a licensed material, it will warn you, that the material is licensed, if your conscience can bear it, you go ahead and download. Its simply sweet.
Then talking about php and C, I am not interested in C, for me, technology is the means to an end, and not an end. Anything that will make it easy for me to produce solutions is very much accepted. In fact since I know php, I resist any attempt to be taught other languages (like my boss is trying to do now with asp.net). I don't need it, my future goal is to produce reliable business solutions (for my own company not as a payed employee), so if I desire a technology that I can't manipulate myself, I will just call someone good in that technology, pay him, and have my solution. QED!
PHP is simply great, (though I am having a hard time learning OOP implementation in PHP5 - I have been too lazy lately) ;-)

I currently have tonnes of free books, but I have just shown you how to get your own, so I don't want anybody asking me to send him any book. (I believe in teaching a man to fish, instead of giving him fish anytime he is hungry. But all the same, giving fish is better than leaving to starve, aint it)

I have a blog were i blast some of the stupid adverts I am forced to see on Tv and that I listen to on radio. Maybe you will find it interesting: http://nigerianadverts..com
You can also check this out: http://webtraffix..com (very informative, some of our customers are having a dilenma over this issue)
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2006
I can spare the extra bandwidth in the evening so it's no big deal. I also want to encourage people to learn opensource languages like PHP. I feel opensource is the future.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2006
hey Lex, can u send me the PHP ebook too? my address is [email=mail@phlameworks.com]Mail . at . phlameworks. dot. com[/email]
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by kengimel(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2006
guys glade to see this post i learnt php through this resource link:

http://www.learn-php-tutorial.com/Learn-PHP-Tutorial.doc
(MS Word-format - easy to copy and paste the code examples)
http://www.learn-php-tutorial.com/Learn-PHP-Tutorial.pdf
(Acrobat Pdf-format)

its free enjoy~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by williamnow: 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2006
i will like to share the php tutorial please with u, email willibestonline@yahoo.com.
thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by williamnow: 11:35pm On Nov 10, 2006
i will like to share the php tutorial please with u, email willibestonline@yahoo.com.
thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by chinweub: 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2006
Alexis,

please can u send me the PHP pdf, chinweub@yahoo.com

thank you,
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by vivienne(f): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2006
hi Alexis, i would also love d php tutorial. my mail address is cuckadoo2003@yahoo.com
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by KoolEmcee: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2006
qleyo, nice posts. I agree with u. U seem to be an elightened lady. Very rare in naija.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2006
Hi guys,

Sorry I had to reply late, been busy with my exams. It is getting kind of difficult sending the .pdf file to everyone that ask for it because it's a 7MB file and also because when I send the file - it sometimes bounces back or goes into some you guys junk folders esp folks that use yahoo.

I have decided to upload it my website where you guys can download it. So, if you want the ebook and others, visit www.alexdehaini.com

PS = You will have to register to download the file.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by kimba(m): 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2006
I too wont mind you sending me the PHP file.

thanks
Kimba
kimbadwhitelion@yahoo.com
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by kitaun(m): 8:31am On Nov 15, 2006
Maybe that saves the day for me as i had been receiving mails requesting to be sent the ebook which people thought i had received, cheers
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2006
kimba,

Read my post before yours. I can't continue to send a 7mb file to everyone that ask for it. Visit www.alexdehaini.com, register to access the e-books section and download the book.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2006
Hello All, am a Diploma Student in one of Nigerian Universities and it is University of Jos. I have a semester to graduate (next April) and now I need the basis for using a programming language to get at a chosen topic of my own to form my final project. We have done tutorials and classes on VB, COBOL, FORTRAN and Assembly but I always knew it will get done with the practicals and one defending to graduate. Look, in Nigeria you do old things mainly and most frequently and we still need them as they formed the basis for the lastest versions.The project is 6 Units but what matters to me is the knowledge. Being an interactive or batch developer is all I want to be.

The project Supervisor told me today to go and get a topic I can defend and write a program on. I really want to develop mine with PHP. So Alexis, and the lady in UK and others,please help me by heaping stuff on my e-mail addresses:ferdimako@gmail.com and ferdimako@yahoo.com for comparisons and all that jazz. I warned am starting to run off from a Newbie status, so thread on me softly and I will move on. Not a dullard! I just need an inspiration and a jumping-off point, OK.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by lioness(f): 9:36am On Nov 17, 2006
undecided
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by olawa20(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2006
can someone pls send me a copy of the e-book id is kayolawale@yahoo.coo.uk
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by tullaatee(m): 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2006
Alexis,
please i'll b grateful if u can send me the php e-book as well.my email is butiquoworld@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by markesh(m): 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2006
You guys are wasting your time learning PHP. PHP is complicated and makes you do a lot of unnecesary work. Learn Ruby or Python, and use the Ruby On Rails or Django frameworks respectively.

Personally, my first language is C++, and I dislike the mess that is PHP.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by gabng(m): 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2006
@ Alexis
Please send me the 7MB file on PHP to gabrielmorka@yahoo.com
Thanx a lot MAN
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 10:18am On Nov 19, 2006
Guys,

Go to www.alexdehaini.com to download it. You will have to register before you can download it.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by DevDel(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2006
Hi Alexis,

I don't know why the php stuff is refusing to enter my mail boxes. They are all free! Please try for me again.
use:
dejiafolabi@hotmail.com
dejiafolabi@developersdelight.com
dejivictorafolabi@yahoo.com

Plssssssssssssssssssssss!

Besides, How can we hook up next month, I'll be in Accra for a week.

Cheers.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by debugger(m): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2006
Alaxis send me my own copy for PHP, ken.debugger@gmail.com
thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by fortress: 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2006
hello alexis
pls i will love it if u also send me the file , my email is bizfortrez@yahoo.com
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by Tirmidhi: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2006
I'll appreciate the doc. on php my email addy is olatrimidhi @yahoo.com or olatrimidhi@gmail.com
If you have your own articles or profile i can also put them on my website for free, do you mind? cheers.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 10:43pm On Nov 21, 2006
DevDel, debugger, fortress, Tirmidhi

It is getting kind of difficult sending the .pdf file to everyone that ask for it because it's a 7MB file and also because when I send the file - it sometimes bounces back or goes into some you guys junk folders esp folks that use yahoo.

I have decided to upload it my website where you guys can download it. So, if you want the ebook and others, visit www.alexdehaini.com

PS = You will have to register to download the file.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by avsnet: 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2006
Alexis kindly send me the 7mb pdf php ebook, email is info@solutiontips.com, sincere regards, avsnet
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by avsnet: 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2006
Alex, what a nice great work you have at alexdehaini.com, sincerely i felt at home within the site, keep up the good job brother.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by my2cents(m): 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2006
In general, I would like to say that we be careful when it comes to how we approach teaching newbies.

If they want to learn, say, C++, then we should teach them C++. We shouldn't say "check out JAVA cos it is an OO language". This might scare them away. Even in school, the teachers don't teach this way.

If the dude wants to know PHP, teach him that. Don't use it as an opportunity to blow your own trumpet unawares.

my 2 cents.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Running Python Codes In Php / Common Error In Laravel #1:solved File_put_contents Failed To Open Stream / Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.