Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Basics Of PHP Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Basics Of PHP Programming? (8106 Views)

Everyday PHP Programming Challenge (solved) / A PHP Programming Problem...im Stuck / I Need Advanced PHP Programming,ajax And JS Ebooks, Pls!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basics Of PHP Programming? by DevDel(m): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2006
Guyz, who can teach us some basics of php programming?

1 Like

Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by qleyo(f): 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2006
Hey read my thread on C because PHP is exactly a copy of C. You then need to learn web techniques like GET and POSt variables, sessions, forms etc. www.w3schools.com is always a good place to learn webstuff.

Here is the tutorial https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7535.0.html
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by Afam(m): 6:09pm On Sep 30, 2006
PHP, a copy of C? Wrong and misleading.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by qleyo(f): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2006
Right and far from misleading. PHP and C syntax are exactly the same (arrays, conditional statements, data types, standard IO functions) rules might be different (PHP is weaker and less strict, e.g you don't have to declare variables before using them) but if you know C you can pick up PHP in less than a week (provided you know all the other bits). Infact every line of PHP translates to lines of C its based on C and Perl.

Dude I've covered everything PHP has to offer, really, from sockets and network programming to image manipulation and graphics. I work as an interactive developer. My final BEng project (a GPS tracking system) was programmed in C and PHP. Syntax is exactly the same apart from the dollar signs and other bits and bobs. But if you learn the harder stricter one (C) then PHP is a piss of piss (I don't advise anyone to learn a scripting language first). I was a C fanatic before I picked up PHP it took me less than a week.

But as always no programming discussion/argument ever ends with either party agreeing with the other - ever. So lets not brew anything shall we. I still say if you learn C or any other C like language (preferably procedural) everything else will be down hill.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2006
C and PHP are almost alike. PHP was derived from C
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2006
DevDel,

I have a 7mb pdf file that covers everything in PHP with loads of examples and workable projects after each chapter. If you want it, send me your email and I will email it to you.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by Afam(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2006
qleyo:

Right and far from misleading. PHP and C syntax are exactly the same (arrays, conditional statements, data types, standard IO functions) rules might be different (PHP is weaker and less strict, e.g you don't have to declare variables before using them) but if you know C you can pick up PHP in less than a week (provided you know all the other bits). Infact every line of PHP translates to lines of C its based on C and Perl.

If the rules are different then PHP and C cannot be the same.

About not declaring variables before using them, what version of PHP are you refering to? Such open ended statements do not make sense. Why would you rather prefer that one learnt a different programming language before learning what he/she really wants? It does not make sense.

qleyo:

Dude I've covered everything PHP has to offer, really, from sockets and network programming to image manipulation and graphics. I work as an interactive developer. My final BEng project (a GPS tracking system) was programmed in C and PHP. Syntax is exactly the same apart from the dollar signs and other bits and bobs. But if you learn the harder stricter one (C) then PHP is a piss of piss (I don't advise anyone to learn a scripting language first). I was a C fanatic before I picked up PHP it took me less than a week.

If you have covered everything PHP has to offer then you cannot make the statement that PHP is just a copy of C.
Again, it is a complete waste of time to ask someone to learn C before learning PHP, it is not about which language is hardest to learn, it is about the learner going the best route that makes the most sense - learning PHP.

qleyo:

But as always no programming discussion/argument ever ends with either party agreeing with the other - ever. So lets not brew anything shall we. I still say if you learn C or any other C like language (preferably procedural) everything else will be down hill.

This is not about programming language arguement, it is about advicing someone properly as regards learning a programming language.

Read the title of this thread again and you will notice that the poster obviously wants to learn PHP, infact some basics, so why direct him/her to a more difficult language other than PHP?

@Topic,

PHP is fun and easy to learn, throw in a huge followership, good online tutorials and large database of common scripts and you are good to go.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by DevDel(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2006
thanx Alexis,

I'll appreciate the doc. my email addy is dejiafolabi@developersdelight.com
If you have your own articles or profile i can also put them on my website for free, do you mind? cheers.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2006
DevDel,

Our bandwidth is maxed out now (8MB), we are an upstream provider. I will send it around 7pm GMT when most of our clients have closed and the bandwidth is a bit free. Our downlink and uplink is maxed out now.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2006
Devdel,

Just sent it - it may take a few minutes or more to get to you, so check your email and let me know if you received it or not.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2006
Devdel,

Please send me an alternate email, your dejiafolabi@developersdelight.com is full.

Cheers,
Alex
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by furlee(m): 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2006
alexis:

DevDel,

I have a 7mb pdf file that covers everything in PHP with loads of examples and workable projects after each chapter. If you want it, send me your email and I will email it to you.

Please kindly email the file to me at furlee@excite.com. I wish to learn php. Thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by furlee(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2006
Alexis. God bless you. I have received the pdf file
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by sedan(m): 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2006
alexis, I'll be glad if u can send d pdf to me at talentoii@hotmail.com. thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by sedan(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2006
alexis, I'll be glad if u can send d pdf to me at talentoii@hotmail.com. thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2006
Sedan,

I just sent it to you.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by DevDel(m): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2006
Alexis,

here iis an alternative email address. dejiafolabi@hotmail.com

thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2006
devdel,

i will send it to you when I get to class tomorrow, we have alot of bandwidth in school. I am in a cafe now and I can bearly load nairaland.com, lol cry
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by kitaun(m): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2006
@Alexis

Could you do me a favour and send also to this email;jimmycarto@yahoo.com for someone desperately in need of it, cheers man
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by qleyo(f): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2006
C and PHP are almost alike. PHP was derived from C

Thank you Alexis. Alam, my advice/time normally gets paid alot for and I've created a topic to teach people how to program "using C" the techniques and logic will forever be the same - its my opinion and I refuse to argue/justify it with you.

I stand by learning the hard before learning the easy. If he replied saying I already program (which I doubt, I might be wrong) I would have said oh ok then just google a PHP tutorial (only difference is syntax, logic remains the same). But if hes a newbie then I think its a bad idea for a scripting purpose language to be your first - unless of course you plan to only be an interactive developer (though I have use PHP for executable programs). But once again its just my opinion (I'm not saying its the best way) and you just further justified my point of any programming discussion ending up with a compromise - it always just brews into an uncontrollable mess.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by Afam(m): 10:56am On Oct 09, 2006
I did state earlier that this is not about defending any programming language, it is about providing answers to questions asked by someone that needed someone to teach him PHP, not C language.

I use PHP a lot, raw coding, real projects and yet I never learnt a line of C language. What this means it that one does not need to learn C language to be able to understand PHP. The fact that C language is believed to be more difficult when compared to PHP makes the issue pretty straightforward.

Your advice/time may be paid for but that applies to people that seek them. Someone wanted to learn PHP and you are advicing the person to learn C language first, this is flat wrong and no justifications can change that.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2006
Devedel/kituan,

Guys, I have sent the php e-book to your email addresses, if you use yahoo, please check your junk mail as yahoo is fond of sending legitimate emails to your junk folder.

Afam, you are correct. What I think Qleyo was trying to say is that PHP is a subset of C and even though a person wants to learn PHP only, if he or she learns the foundation from which PHP came from (C), he/she will not only be able to program in PHP but do other stuffs with C.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by kenshin(m): 2:52am On Oct 10, 2006
Hello @Alexis, pls could you also send the PDF to my email address, my address is lanroguns at yahoo dot com, thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2006
kenshin,

I will send it to you in a few hours
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by greatguts(m): 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2006
Hi alexis

Please can u send me PDF file to my mail address tenderthougth@gmail.com i will be greatful  if u do.

Cheers!
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by Taysay(m): 11:28am On Oct 12, 2006
@alexis
Good day pls can I have the PHP file my email is taysay@myway.com, thanx have a good day.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2006
Greatguts, Taysay,

I just sent the php e-book to you guys. happy reading.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2006
Hi everyone,

You guys can check out www.ebooksportal.org. It is a great website where you can download full versions of books in soft copies.
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by kitaun(m): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2006
@Alexis

I did not get mine but well thanx for the good job done
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by alexis(m): 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2006
Kituan,

You sure, check again, check all your folders
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by fellow(m): 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2006
hi alex i would love you to please send the tutorial to my email address.its fellowgeneral@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Basics Of PHP Programming? by fellybabe(f): 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2006
Alexis,pls i'll b grateful if u can send d7mb pdf file on PHP.2 me as well.my email is fellyadet@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Running Python Codes In Php / Common Error In Laravel #1:solved File_put_contents Failed To Open Stream / Journey To Being A FULLSTACK Web Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.