Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Good And Bad News: Help - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Good And Bad News: Help (1321 Views)

N-POWER: BVN Validation Is Ongoing Turns Bad News / Bad News: Skill Acquisition Will Not Solve The Issue Of Unemployment / Bad News For Nigerian Jobseekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good And Bad News: Help by Babygal4eva(f): 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
So I recently did an interview for a job in Canada and I got a mail today saying I got the job, Yay right so after all the celebration and happiness I calmed down and read all the contract and let me tell you it was a dream come true, I then messaged the person to contact for the 2 weeks training in Abuja then in Toronto, and the person said I should pay $1200 to a strange account name. Now this could be real or could be fake I'm conflicted, is this a scam or is it real.

The name of the company is Abbott Company, its a real company quite alright but someone could be using their name. This is a great opportunity and I hope it isn't scam if anyone has any information about this please let me know
Re: Good And Bad News: Help by saintandsinnerz: 11:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
Cheap scam! But seriously do people still fall for this kind of cheap scam? Ask yourself which international company will ask you to pay such amount of money if they really want you. A simple Google Search would have helped you to see through the scam. Similar cases are abound on the internet. Don't fall for it. In fact it's not a good news, it's a very bad news

3 Likes

Re: Good And Bad News: Help by Cutehector(m): 12:00am On Jul 24, 2015
My dear.
Thr r two factors necessary for one to be scammed
1. Fustration/desperation
2. Greed..

Dnt allow urself fall a victim.. Its a very cheap scam

2 Likes

Re: Good And Bad News: Help by Mfemi53(m): 12:03am On Jul 24, 2015
Gbamu gbamu. them wan chop your money.

1 Like

Re: Good And Bad News: Help by ednut1(m): 6:40am On Jul 24, 2015
scam of life

1 Like

Re: Good And Bad News: Help by jashar(f): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2015
If you really have $1200 to give someone when it's not school fees or a training, do you really need a job?

My thoughts o...

2 Likes

Re: Good And Bad News: Help by Linzo(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2015
I don't expect a graduate to fall in such scam, permit me to ask which school did you graduate from?. Please i will advice you to runnnnnnnnnnnn or you will cry later

1 Like

Re: Good And Bad News: Help by Babygal4eva(f): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2015
jashar:
If you really have $1200 to give someone when it's not school fees or a training, do you really need a job?

My thoughts o...

It's for a training in Abuja
Re: Good And Bad News: Help by jashar(f): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2015
Babygal4eva:

It's for a training in Abuja

Hmmm... when I said training, I meant personal training. like you saw an accredited institute yourself and you want to take their course.

Not that you applied to a company and the said company is asking you to pay for a training.

That's wrong. Even my friend that got an offer to be a sales rep in a shop @ Shoprite was trained in Ghana for free.

Don't pay a dime.
Re: Good And Bad News: Help by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
How people find it hard to decipher either cheap or logical scam keeps taking me aback....nawa Ooº°˚˚°o
Re: Good And Bad News: Help by dmayne: 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Babygal4eva:
So I recently did an interview for a job in Canada and I got a mail today saying I got the job, Yay right so after all the celebration and happiness I calmed down and read all the contract and let me tell you it was a dream come true, I then messaged the person to contact for the 2 weeks training in Abuja then in Toronto, and the person said I should pay $1200 to a strange account name. Now this could be real or could be fake I'm conflicted, is this a scam or is it real.
The name of the company is Abbott Company, its a real company quite alright but someone could be using their name. This is a great opportunity and I hope it isn't scam if anyone has any information about this please let me know

Babygal4eva

please drop your contact..need some clarification.. or better still gimme a call...

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For A Sales Manager (pure Water Manufacturing) / Vacancy For Teachers At The Faith Academy Network [14 Subject Areas] / Vacancies At Fisancol Transcontinental Services Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.