Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,694 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay (2056 Views)

Google Introduced Android Auto App For Cars (photos) / Honda's Most Important Model Car, 2016 Honda Accord Redesign / The New 2016 Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by shamecurls(m): 12:10am On Jul 24, 2015
[b]Technology is the big story for the 2016 Honda Accord’s mid-cycle refresh, with the midsize sedan and coupe adding plenty of new active safety features along with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone support. The 2016 Accord also receives a slightly tweaked look and a few newly available convenience features.
The Accord’s facelift is relatively minor, and includes a reshaped grille and front hood, LED taillights, a slightly different rear fascia, and LED daytime running lights for the front end. All trim levels also have different wheels, with the the Touring trim level gaining new 19-inch wheels, up from the previous Touring model’s 17-inch wheels. The Touring trim level is also now available for the 2016 Honda Accord Coupe, which previously topped out at the EX-L V-6 trim.

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are packaged with a new 7-inch Display Audio screen on Accord models EX and above. Both phone integration systems display iPhone- or Android-like app tiles on the lower of the Accord’s two display screens, meaning that this screen now supports touch, tap, swipe, and pinch functions.
The 2016 Honda Accord will also offer a wide array of active-safety systems, packaged as the Honda Sensing suite of technologies. This package will be available as a stand-alone option for any 2016 Accord trim level, and includes forward collision warning, lane-keep assist, lane-departure warning, and adaptive cruise control. We don’t yet know the price of the Honda Sensing features, but we appreciate the widespread availability of these options across the lineup.

Other new features available on the 2016 Honda Accord include remote start and satellite radio as standard on the EX and above, and heated rear seats, parking sensors, and rain-sensing windshield wipers as standard on the Touring sedan. The sedan also gets a new 60/40 split-folding rear seat in Sport trims and above to replace the one-piece folding seat.
No changes are in store for the 2016 Honda Accord’s 2.4-liter four-cylinder and 3.5-liter V-6 engine options. The four-cylinder is still offered with either a six-speed manual or a CVT, and the V-6 comes with a six-speed automatic or an available six-speed manual for V-6 coupe models. We don’t yet have any information on the refreshed version of the Accord Hybrid, which should receive similar updates and tech features.[/b]

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1507-2016-honda-accord-refreshed-adds-android-auto-and-apple-carplay/

Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by shamecurls(m): 12:11am On Jul 24, 2015
shocked

Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by cozy7(m): 12:21am On Jul 24, 2015
Wooow! With d little I know abt cars, this ride has really got it all. Its d bomb.

Op, do u no d cost?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by shamecurls(m): 12:31am On Jul 24, 2015
cozy7:
Wooow! With d little I know abt cars, this ride has really got it all. Its d bomb.

Op, do u no d cost?

Nope
Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by siegfried99(m): 1:35am On Jul 24, 2015
Machine! cool
Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by lonelydora: 3:37am On Jul 24, 2015
My mechanic adviced me not to buy this car because e dey drink fuel.

Nice car.
Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 24, 2015
lonelydora:

Nice car.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by Denn(m): 9:27am On Jul 24, 2015
lonelydora:

Nice car.

Once you remove the thermostat and convert the radiator to double cell, it won't 'drink' fuel again.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 24, 2015
Denn:

Once you remove the thermostat and convert the radiator to double cell, it won't 'drink' fuel again.
He needs to put 20W50 oil and abro dextron ii oil then it will NOT 'drank' fuel (sic)

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by lonelydora: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2015
Denn:

Are you serious? I never knew about this new technology. I will give it a try. Lol.
Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by steffans(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2015
Just Wow... shocked

Love you Honda kiss
Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by olatade(m): 11:23am On Jul 24, 2015
It has a 'mercedez' look

9c ride
Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by sultaan(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
Honda just raised the bar on mid size cars so how do you think the Toyota Camry will attract buyers. The new thing now is the mid cycle refresh.Malibu is coming out next year too but the Honda looks better Ford and Nissan has nothing planned,it is all Honda now.The problem is what price will Honda pay for this new design cannibalizing Acura will only make things worse for its flag ship because Hyundai is doing damage to their sales already which is why TSX and TL became TLX now for this Accord to look like TLX st a lower price from same manufacturer is bad mojo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by Lagusta(m): 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
I am a Honda fan, agree or die....
Re: 2016 Honda Accord Refreshed, Adds Android Auto And Apple Carplay by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
Give to Accord what is Accord, and and TLX what is TLX.
That grille is Acura's Signature, so i wonder why they want to create the misconception.

(1) (Reply)

Car Guru's Get in Here / I Need Advice On Lexus ES300 / Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company To Unveil New SUV Carrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.