Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

Advice: Old And Travelling Alone - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice: Old And Travelling Alone (456 Views)

Top 5 Safety Tips For Women Travelling Alone / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice: Old And Travelling Alone by semse: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2015
My mother-in-law has been granted visa to come and help us take care of our baby in Canada. The issue now is how she will be coming. This is because she is above 80years, does not speak a single English, and not so in a good health (currently taking several medications). I spoke to my husband regarding this before applying but he feel there will always be a way for her to come. Now we are seeking for that way. Is there any preferable airline that gives good traveling assistance to people in this category. Am kind of worried about her journey. Advice needed please.
Re: Advice: Old And Travelling Alone by NaLaugh: 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
I believe a workable course of action would be to:

1. Identify AND list very specific possible accomodations she'll need. i.e who takes her to the airport, assists her checking in, boarding etc.

2. Identify what specific health concerns there might be.

3. Narrow down flights/airlines that suit your timing and budget requirements.

4. With your lists from 1 & 2 in hand, call the airlines and determine which ones best cater to the special accomodations (health, language etc).

5. Call the port of entry to get advice about elderly visitors with language barriers, specifically with Customs/Immigration clearance and luggage retrieval.

6. If she knows how to use a cell phone, send her a cheap $10 prepaid phone with money on it, and your numbers, so she can power it on and call you once she is cleared.

7. Pick her up.

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

5 Simple Remedial Solutions For Stress / Egyptian Forces Kill Tourists From Mexico / Applying For Hungarian Business Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.