Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" (4424 Views)

I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by MizJanet(f): 10:55am On Jul 24, 2015
Before I proceed , am sure you did english at school . "it" and "itself" is used to denote a thing or an animal . So Christians should tell me where their God-the-Holyspirit belong !

Rom 8:26

" Likewise the spirit helpeth our infirmities; for we know not what we should pray for as we ought; but the Spirit Itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which can not be uttered"
AUTHORISED VERSION - KJV

Have you seen it ? U dont , look at the bolded color part again . Your bible infact the authorised version said it ! do you now admit that your god is a thing ?

3 Likes

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by ibrams(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2015
lord have mercy on her soul.......
haters kip hatinq till we meet in heaven....... grin
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2015
This is ridiculous. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by KOLZY(m): 11:06am On Jul 24, 2015
AWWWW
MizJanet:
Before I proceed , am sure you did english at school . "it" and "itself" is used to denote a thing or an animal . So Christians should tell me where their God-the-Holyspirit belong !

" Likewise the spirit helpeth our infirmities; for we know not what we should pray for as we ought; but the Spirit Itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which can not be uttered"
AUTHORISED VERSION - KJV

Have you seen it ? U dont , look at the bolded color part again . Your bible infact the authorised version said it ! do you now admit that your god is a thing ?
that good for you to come in.
so since you love to do research and i presume you are laughing right now, kindly look it up (same Rom 8: 26) using a GoodNews bible. a version Catholics use. and tell me what you think.

King james just copied and made it suit its own purpose.
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Cutehector(m): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2015
Spirits are neither male nor female.. They are just spirits.... So therefore, it is allowed to refer to them as it. They themselves can either exist in any being, wether male or female or animal or mammal..

And for d record, KJV is not an authorized version... Who d fvck is king james? He should go to hell
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by KOLZY(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2015
Cutehector:
Spirits are neither male nor female.. They are just spirits.... So therefore, it is allowed to refer to them as it. They themselves can either exist in any being, wether male or female or animal or mammal..

And for d record, KJV is not an authorized version... Who d fvck is king james? He should go to hell

So therefore, it is allowed to refer to them as it. They themselves can either exist in any being, wether male or female or animal or mammal..

dont bend the bible to suit any purpose. the HOLY SPIRIT id not an 'it' and will never be.... The Holy Spirit is a being that helps us understand God and his plans for us and mankind.

1 Like

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2015
MizJanet:

" Likewise the spirit helpeth our infirmities; for we know not what we should pray for as we ought; but [color=brown] the Spirit Itself [/coleor] maketh intercession for us with groanings which can not be uttered"
AUTHORISED VERSION - KJV

God'spirit is not à person. This trinitarians fail to see.
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2015
well, the hanky panky in religion is - whenever a biblical or quranic verse controverts, it ceases to mean what it says, it begins to mean what the preacher says or what the followers think. grin

christanity and islam are largely religious excuse for male insecurity, who gives a fvck what arbitrary gender they ascribe their made-up deities, i mean, in a world where nearly all sexual reproductions take place with the female giving birth....

they couln't even get their mythologies straight, e.g holy spirit came upon virgin and she got pregnant, bla bla bla bla!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Keepshining(f): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2015
Useless,baseless,dumbness post ever:@

1 Like

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by MizJanet(f): 11:37am On Jul 24, 2015
KOLZY:

So therefore, it is allowed to refer to them as it. They themselves can either exist in any being, wether male or female or animal or mammal..

dont bend the bible to suit any purpose. The HOLY SPIRIT id not an 'it' and will never be.... The Holy Spirit is a being that helps us understand God and his plans for us and mankind.

The bold part is called indoctrination ! Am suprised you can still utter that trash despite the 3D evidence from your bible .

2 Likes

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by kay1one2(m): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2015
The who.re business must be suffering a down time!
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by reallest(f): 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
MizJanet:

AUTHORISED VERSION - KJV

Sure,its a thing,thing dat can neither think,talk nor do anything,ask me why?its because it doesn't exist gringringrin

1 Like

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by reallest(f): 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
Cutehector:

Christain can lie sha,is ur yahoo or sorry ur jahova not spirit? Why has he been always refer to as he?
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Cutehector(m): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
reallest:

Christain can lie sha,is ur yahoo or sorry ur jahova not spirit? Why has he been always refer to as he?
pls... Respect ur maker..
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by menesheh(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
ibrams:
lord have mercy on her soul.......
haters kip hatinq till we meet in heaven....... grin

Refute not judging.

You are still believing in sky fairy.
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by malvisguy212: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
MizJanet:

AUTHORISED VERSION - KJV

soo, what is your points ? Do you think the holy spirit is an active forced ? The holy spirit is a person.

1 Like

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by MizJanet(f): 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
[s]soo, what is your points ? Do you think the holy spirit is an active forced ? The holy spirit is a person. [/s]

What rubish are u blabbing ?
The christian god the holyspirit is a person , yet your god is denote with " It" grin , am sure u didnt do english at school , if you do you will know " ITSELF" is used for a thing .
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Sunglow: 8:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
MrPresident:
well, the hanky panky in religion is - whenever a biblical or quranic verse controverts, it ceases to mean what it says, it begins to mean what the preacher says or what the followers think. grin

christanity and islam are largely religious excuse for male insecurity, I could not care less what arbitrary gender they ascribe their made-up deities, i mean, in a world where nearly all sexual reproductions take place with the female giving birth....

they couln't even get their mythologies straight, e.g holy spirit came upon virgin and she got pregnant, bla bla bla bla!

Christianity is not a religion that's why it can NEVER apples to your senses.Its God in a man.if after u live your life here on earth were do u hope to end up? Eternity right?Life is spiritual, the spiritual gave birth to the material world.God is a Spirit and they that must worship him must do so in spirit and in truth.For ma is a spirit(ur physical body is not the real u) u are a spirit, u live in a body u have a soul.God reaches out to us in our spirit. Eternity is real,God is real,Jesus is real,and whether u chose to believe it or not the King is coming back.We have hope in christ,I know were I will spend eternity. Do you have the same assurance?
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by malvisguy212: 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
MizJanet:

What rubish are u blabbing ?
The christian god the holyspirit is a person , yet your god is denote with " It" grin , am sure u didnt do english at school , if you do you will know " ITSELF" is used for a thing .
have you check other translations before you make your conclusion? Most bible translations used "HIMSELF"

New International Version
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in
our weakness. We do not know what we
ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself
intercedes for us through wordless
groans.
Romans 8:26
New Living Translation
And the Holy Spirit helps us in our
weakness. For example, we don't know
what God wants us to pray for. But the
Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings
that cannot be expressed in words.

English Standard Version
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our
weakness. For we do not know what to
pray for as we ought, but the Spirit
himself intercedes for us with groanings
too deep for words.

New American Standard Bible
In the same way the Spirit also helps our
weakness; for we do not know how to
pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself
intercedes for us with groanings too
deep for words;

King James Bible
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our
infirmities: for we know not what we
should pray for as we ought: but the
Spirit itself maketh intercession for us
with groanings which cannot be uttered.

The king James was translated 400 years ago during the England medieval period
Use of this translation is problematic these days, since it uses an archaic version of modern English,which doesn't necessarily mean the same things today as when it was translated over 400 years ago. In addition, the KJV was produced using a limited number of
medieval manuscripts that did not
represent the earliest Alexandrian set of
manuscripts.

1 Like

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by MizJanet(f): 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Sunglow:
Christianity is not a religion that's why it can NEVER apples to your senses.Its God in a man.if after u live your life here on earth were do u hope to end up? Eternity right?Life is spiritual, the spiritual gave birth to the material world.God is a Spirit and they that must worship him must do so in spirit and in truth.For ma is a spirit(ur physical body is not the real u) u are a spirit, u live in a body u have a soul. God reaches out to us in our spirit. Eternity is real,God is real,Jesus is real,and whether u chose to believe it or not the King is coming back.We have hope in christ,I know were I will spend eternity. Do you have the same assurance?

@bold, But your bible said animals have same spirit with man , it said they are souls too , so what are you telling us ? Tell us where this animals go when they die since they have spirit and they are souls ? grin
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by MizJanet(f): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
have you check other translations before you make your conclusion? Most bible translations used "HIMSELF"

New International Version
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in
our weakness. We do not know what we
ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself
intercedes for us through wordless
groans.
Romans 8:26
New Living Translation
And the Holy Spirit helps us in our
weakness. For example, we don't know
what God wants us to pray for. But the
Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings
that cannot be expressed in words.

Buhahaha , the KJV is now a condemned translation since it doesnt favour you . Lols . Its good that you guys are condemning your own bible .
grin

Another disgrace to your scholars :

Since the greek word " pneuma" translated spirit is NEUTER , is it gramatically proper to attach a masculine pronoun "HIMself" to somethin NEUTER ? PURE GRAMATICAL BLUNDER and a disgrace to your scholars cheesy
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by malvisguy212: 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
MizJanet:

Buhahaha , the KJV is now a condemned translation since it doesnt favour you . Lols . Its good that you guys are condemning your own bible .

Back to the matter :

Since the greek word " pneuma" translated spirit is NEUTER , is it gramatically proper to attach a masculine pronoun "HIMself" to somethin NEUTER ? GRAMATICAL BLUNDER
NO!!! You are condemning your self, I see know different between Nigeria atheists and a satanist, keep it up, one thing for sure, we will all die, death can come anytime soon , within a second, and when it happened, this mystery that is troubling you day and night, making you to look for fault in God's word, its will all come to an end, I cannot take the risk you are taking, disbelief in God, then what next ? Enjoy life, once again, keep it up.

Bible say remember your creator in the days of your youth because when old age come and trouble come , then you will say , I found no pleasure in them anymore, then you will want to seek for God? Don't die, stay alive.
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Anas09: 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
@Mizjanet. Who do u dis thing, messed u up real bad.
I pecieve a very bitter, angry, and vindictive persona locked inside of you. People like u end up killing themselves. I hope u don't end like that. You actually pick the Bible to read and pick errors wow. Satan's little helper.

1 Like

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Sunglow: 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
MizJanet:

@bold, But your bible said animals have same spirit with man , it said they are souls too , so what are you telling us ? Tell us where this animals go when they die since they have spirit and they are souls ? grin
they don't have any of those.no animal was created in Gods image.Man is immortal,he can't die,I mean your spirit which is the real u.
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Sunglow: 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
@Mizj settle this truth in your heart: God loves u and no matter whatu say or how u perceive him to be, God is love.We all want to be loved right? Either by our spouses, friends, kids, families etc.If we can demonstrate love ( human love that is freckle)then love has an origin. God is love, to know him is to love him.God bless u!
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by MizJanet(f): 1:39am On Jul 25, 2015
Anas09:
[s] @Mizjanet. Who do u dis thing, messed u up real bad.
I pecieve a very bitter, angry, and vindictive persona locked inside of you. People like u end up killing themselves. I hope u don't end like that. You actually pick the Bible to read and pick errors wow. Satan's little helper. [/s]

Why are you sooo emotional ? Sorry , thats just one of the verses your pastorpreneur wont show you . At least you now know the bible prove it that your god the holyspirit is a thing wink
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by MizJanet(f): 2:05am On Jul 25, 2015
Sunglow:
they don't have any of those.

Animals are called " Souls" ( Gen 1:20 and 24.) - darby bible translation , also Rev 16:3 where they are called "souls" KJV .

Animals and man have same spirit ( Ecc 3:19)

Thats the 3D prove from your bible , so tell us where those animals go when they die since the christian bible said they are souls and they have spirit like man's ?

no animal was created in Gods image. Man is immortal,he can't die,

Sunglow : (Man) is immortal , he CANT die .

Bible Satan : You (man) Will Not die .

Lol grin , you both flow together very well .

I mean your spirit which is the real u.

If your spirit is the real you , same goes with jesus . Answer : Did the real person called Jesus die OR ONLY his flesh dies while the real jesus excape death ?

1 Like

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Sunglow: 8:24am On Jul 25, 2015
MizJanet:

Animals are called " Souls" ( Gen 1:20 and 24.) - darby bible translation , also Rev 16:3 where they are called "souls" KJV .

Animals and man have same spirit ( Ecc 3:19)

Thats the 3D prove from your bible , so tell us where those animals go when they die since the christian bible said they are souls and they have spirit like man's ?

Sunglow : (Man) is immortal , he CANT die .

Bible Satan : You (man) Will Not die .

Lol grin , you both flow together very well .

If your spirit is the real you , same goes with jesus . Answer : Did the real person called Jesus die OR ONLY his flesh dies while the real jesus excape death ?
Jesus has a body, but what is known as a spirit body, which u can actually touch and feel, because he has been glorified. Now when someone dies he looses his physcial body( the spirit of that one transcends into the spirit word) as a christian when u die your spirit is taken to heaven, to await the resurrection of your body which will look like Christ's ( know that the flesh u have now can: age, get afflicted with sickness, diseases) but God gives u another kind of flesh.Read the book of Thessalonica, can't go into details now.When Christ was raised from the dead he came out bodily God gave him a glorified body not the same one he was buried with,for while he was on the cross the sins of the whole world was laid on him.So it was necessary that he came up with a glorified body which all the saints will have.
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Sunglow: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2015
Man is a spirit being he lives in a body and has a soul.When a man dies his body is put in the ground the spirit departs to the spirit world to await the resurrection of your body which will be totally different from the one you have now.That's why the scriptures says' its sown in corruption, but raised in incorruption' a glorified body one that can't age, or be afflicted with pain or sickness.Animals don't have spirit or soul( they cant imagine)
Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by MizJanet(f): 8:36am On Jul 25, 2015
Sunglow:
Jesus has a body, but what is known as a spirit body, which u can actually touch and feel, because he has been glorified. Now when someone dies he looses his physcial body( the spirit of that one transcends into the spirit word) as a christian when u die your spirit is taken to heaven, to await the resurrection of your body which will look like Christ's ( know that the flesh u have now can: age, get afflicted with sickness, diseases) but God gives u another kind of flesh.Read the book of Thessalonica, can't go into details now.When Christ was raised from the dead he came out bodily God gave him a glorified body not the same one he was buried with,for while he was on the cross the sins of the whole world was laid on him.So it was necessary that he came up with a glorified body which all the saints will have.

Is it Jesus that die or its only his body ? Thats the question .

1 Like

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2015
MizJanet:

Re: The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2015
MizJanet:

You have asked this question over and over again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Investigations Into Damogul's Claim of Raising a Dead Person Back To Life. / Apostle Peter Peace Yakubu Of Mount Zion International Churh,abuja / Jesus Is Coming Soon !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.