Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Scholar Femi - Episode I - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Scholar Femi - Episode I (750 Views)

A Panegyric For An English Scholar, Williams Alfred / The Sons Of Futa Jalon (part 1) By Femi Fani-kayode / Poem: Letter To A Prosepective Scholar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scholar Femi - Episode I by Rahmonlee: 11:14am On Jul 24, 2015

I stood there with over ninety nine thoughts jusstling for attention in my mind. I quietly said “Allahu Akbar” after starting with the Iqama. I was fortunate to wake up early today. Ramadan fasting is twenty seven tonight, the night dubbed as “the most gracious night”. Far greater than a thousand nights and the Chief Imam of the school mosque had assured us that whatsoever we asked this night will surely come to pass. And I really have a lot of things to ask Baba God. I have too many request to tender.

For this reason I’d set my phone alarm at two a.m., far earlier than my usual time. I really need a one on one chat with God. I did wake up one a.m., an hour early. I quickly used that opportunity to plug my phone as PHCN served us a rare dose of electricity. I went out to get my keg and filled it with water. I quietly unlocked the door to the compound as I happen to be the only Muslim that reside in the compound and I didn’t want to alert my landlord less he starts screaming “who’s that? “. I took caution to walk out of the house.

I performed the normal ablution then I walked back indoor, leaving the door ajar. I checked my Ramadan Solat table, the night is twenty-seventh and it entails a dozen rakat with Six salama. I look at my waist and the little rod in my pants. These two are the real cause of my present dilemma. The reason why I need to talk to father God before things finally fall apart.

I mount my praying mat, said the Iqama and I followed it up with Suratu Fathia. The prayer book states that I have to follow the Fathia with ten Suratu Qodri. I was too lazy to do that so l lazily recite three. I was never a man that adhere strictly to manual. I perform the rukuh and I was already on Sujud. while kowtowing, the thoughts of Adiza flood my mind. That careless girl. Her carelessness is about to ruin my life. I just wish she had been more careful or I’d apply the necessary precautions.

Adiza is a schoolmate of though we’re not in the same level. Adiza is in her sophomore year on campus. A young girl with big ambition. Mind you, she is not my girlfriend or maybe we can say there’s no official girl in my life. But among the usual suspects accused of being my girlfriend, Ady stands out intellectually and in terms of her exquisite beauty. Ady came from a relatively rich family, she’s the baby of the family and she also happened to be the only girl. Her dad is a car dealer based in Abuja while her mum works in an insurance company. She once told me she would have celebrated her sixteen birthday as an undergraduate if not for ASUU’s protracted strike. If there’s anything like sweet sixteen then Ady is Perfect sixteen.

As a fresher, Adiza first bumped on me on campus while she was looking for the Library. As a gentleman, I took her there, gave her some tips about campus life while also helping her to register her library pass. We struck a friendship instantly.

As heaven will destined it, Adiza also happen to belong to my department. This further deepen our friendship. I aautomatically assumed the role of her Campus tutor. As a not too social guy, I maintained a formal approach in all my friendship with the opposite sex. I don’t want to be too close to anyone. I’m officially single and I’m not ready to change the status quo.

My mind quickly jogged back to present posture. I’ve spent almost two minutes just Sujuding. I quickly completed the second part then I stood up for the second rakat.

“Allahu Akbar”

The voice of Adiza is still clear in my head. She’d called me the previous night before I break my fasting to give me the shocking news. She can’t see her period and it’s now almost Four days late. I asked her how correct she think she was and maybe she have had it without remembering but inside me, I was dead scared. Ady is a lady bless with good memory and she rarely joke. In fact I can’t remember her cracking any jokes since we started our friendship. I know why i’m scared. The last and only time I’d spend the night at Adiza’s place was a a impromptu event and many impromptu events also coincide or let’s say unplanned actions did happened that night. It rained. Heavy after we had watched Teen Wolf on Ady’s laptop.

My mind jogged back. I was beginning to doubt the validity of my nafilat. I decided to read my verses out loud so as to knock any thoughts frequenting my mind. I quickly rushed the second rakat. I salama.

I heaved a sigh of relief. I need a break to put my mind at ease. During Adiza’s call, she did also informed me that her mom is coming around to celebrate Salah with her. I could still remember she told me her mom keeps a copy of her menstrual period table at home. Her mom knows when she should be on her period and Ady have almost completed the whole Ramadan fasting uninterrupted by any menstrual flow. The thoughts of what my dad- “Old soldier” is going to do send frozen shivering down my spine.

I picked up my phone, dial Ady’s number off hand. The phone rang twice. She picked it at my third attempt.

“Hello dear”- she greeted from the other end.
“Hello? How is it now? Have you seen it yet?”, I said, skipping the normal free night call ritual of prolong pleasantries spiced with carefully selected romantic dictions and other passion inducing

Watch Out for the Next Episode or visit www.hub201.com
Re: Scholar Femi - Episode I by Hawlahscho(m): 11:23am On Jul 24, 2015
Am I supposed to book space undecided
Re: Scholar Femi - Episode I by Rahmonlee: 11:30am On Jul 24, 2015
Hawlahscho:
Am I supposed to book space undecided

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Scholar Femi - Episode I by yahoocrawler: 7:01am On Jul 27, 2015
Who wants to read the remaining part of this novel? I have it!

(1) (Reply)

In The Widerness (a Poem For Prophet Muhammad PBUH) Jumat Kareem! / $4,000 Narrative Prize: You Too Can Participate / Dairy of a Wakanda Baby, (an expose)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.