Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama (67692 Views)

Peter Okoye Blasts Fan Who Criticized His Sexy Bedroom Photo & Caption / Nigerian Wear / Rate This Good Picture Of Tekno Wearing Native On The Scale Of 1 To 10. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by Shubbylee(m): 1:01am On Jul 25, 2015
Richie0974:
Are they mad....they must be mad.

Lol!! BBA fan!!
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by noblegrex: 1:04am On Jul 25, 2015
Stupid people,what do they expects.he is an entertaner n not a politician or a biz man so how do they expect him to dress cos he is going to c obama he should then put on golden suit.
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by Benzzle: 1:15am On Jul 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
whatever
you're actually daft sha
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by 1shortblackboy: 1:16am On Jul 25, 2015
ezeagu:

kiss
Please, what the fuck is the "Niger Delta"? Is Imo and Abia not classed as 'Niger Delta' states? If you're referring to a specific ethnic group, not nonsense terminology, then be clear about it, otherwise you just look like an agitating agitator.
whatever man all I hear wen u tAlk is nnamdi kanu undecided
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 25, 2015
Gmajor:
truth be said that cloth is trashy. there are a lot nice Nigerian costumes he could have chosen from
I dare u to upload ur best dressed photo.
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by delishpot: 2:01am On Jul 25, 2015
He abused the African atire. He looks like a tout. What tribe is he reping? Abegi. He abused that beautiful shirt when he decided to wear it ontop that jean trouser and put that rag on his head. Plus thise shoes. Chei this boy ooĆ². Him nor get friends to tell am how him look?
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by BluePulse: 2:17am On Jul 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
whatever

Dey just pointed out missed fact by u, u re saying whatever....lols. Na wah 4 u o
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by AreaFada2: 2:44am On Jul 25, 2015
SenJoe:
Must we follow Americans in all they do?
We are the giant of Africa.........pls CNN should re-broadcast it to their hearing, just in case they forgot.

Don't blame them.

We accepted their cultural imperialism.

Some blacks can never be seen dead wearing anything African.
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by lovemaths(f): 3:04am On Jul 25, 2015
kushsy:
Didt Messi or who was that wore a gean short n t shirt to meet one african president..
.Oyibos always feeling superior

If Messi can wear jeans to visit the president of Gabon then why can't Wale change into a jeans for performance? Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by Heluwajohnson(m): 4:47am On Jul 25, 2015
SonOfEl:

o boy shut up. who then owns it, 'South south'? ediot! my father wore it in the 60s and 70s as a young dude in an ishiagu fashion... see property stealer now turned fashion stealer...
oh no! are u employed at all?
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by SonOfEl(m): 4:50am On Jul 25, 2015
Heluwajohnson:
oh no! are u employed at all?
am not employed, am SELF EMPLOYED, now sniff Ebola....
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by Heluwajohnson(m): 4:56am On Jul 25, 2015
[quote author=SonOfEl post=36245182]

am not employed, am SELF EMPLOYED, now sniff Ebola....[/quote sniff ebola shocked, ur rily askd employed,
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by azimibraun: 5:10am On Jul 25, 2015
E be like say dem no sabi Wale... Go and listen to Made in Africa by. Stephen Marley feat Wale that will clear your doubt on how much of Naija wale is. In the all of these wale should never lack our love and support o! Werin concern Whiteman with Wetin a Naija guy wear go him Kenyan brother house?
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by otedola1(m): 5:14am On Jul 25, 2015
Swager. Noni
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by azimibraun: 5:25am On Jul 25, 2015
Wale blended 2 cultures and it is a nice Dashiki... what about Lionel Messi in Gabon?
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by M4gunners: 6:11am On Jul 25, 2015
All i know is that Wale is an Africa America likewise Obama if he wishes to meet his Africa brother with Africa dress, the chest beaters Americans should deal with it.
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by Vikthor(m): 6:13am On Jul 25, 2015
Gmajor:
truth be said that cloth is trashy. there are a lot nice Nigerian costumes he could have chosen from
like Agbada
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by ledaman: 6:28am On Jul 25, 2015
Those criticizing the dude are shallow in thinking. must we dress in American ways? proudly African
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by mimicious(f): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2015
floragregs:
guy did u read the post? He performed with the attire! He wore suit earlier before performing. Read bfore u rush comment.

Don't mind that sombory

1 Like

Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by SonOfEl(m): 6:53am On Jul 25, 2015
all you badblooded ikwerre trying to speak for all ikwerre and the entire south-south, be careful, go and learn your history properly..... wale's attire is designed using an Igbo concept, this design is worn by Igbos and igboid groups in also the entire SE and SS zones.
biased yorubas grumbling because their son wore an Igbo attire should go and soak ijebu garri with hypo bleach.
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by Sweetrolly(m): 6:55am On Jul 25, 2015
I KEEP ON SAYING. IT THAT THESE WHITE BASTARDS HATES US
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by vindisick: 7:05am On Jul 25, 2015
bigx:

Your upbringing is glaring
someone is saying the truth and you tell him his upbringing is glaring. accept the fact that he is more brilliant and learned than you are. atleast he was able to quote history.
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by vindisick: 7:12am On Jul 25, 2015
instead of saying niger delta, just call the name of the state. this niger delta slang has no meaning.
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by docstan: 7:16am On Jul 25, 2015
Promoting African Culture u 4 much Wale
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by SAMBARRY: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2015
Benzzle:
you're actually daft sha
whatever zombie
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by SAMBARRY: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2015
BluePulse:

Dey just pointed out missed fact by u, u re saying whatever....lols. Na wah 4 u o
whatever
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by SAMBARRY: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2015
iverson2319:
whatever meaning? Dump *ss
whatever wimp
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by SAMBARRY: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2015
tno4real:

I'm Another idiot datz proudly naija
I see
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by jfkenny(m): 7:31am On Jul 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You mind telling us what is trashy about the cloth,except of course the inappropriate bandana? undecided
The jean also.
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by bigx(m): 8:16am On Jul 25, 2015
vindisick:
someone is saying the truth and you tell him his upbringing is glaring. accept the fact that he is more brilliant and learned than you are. atleast he was able to quote history.

If that comment was a yardstick for "brilliance and being learned" it's no wonder Nigeria is the way it is.

Is an off-hand comment without proof (photographic or otherwise) history? Hmmmmnnn, it's deeper than I thought.

I'd bring history (with photos, dates and other proof) to back my point if need be but I don't and wont argue with people who can't intelligently state a point without insults, that's bringing myself down, very low.
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by haul: 8:29am On Jul 25, 2015
"Power to the people, Motherland representa
I'm on trial with the man she my co-defendant
And I demand her attention, can you focus women?
I'm getting closer to the sky errytime I hit it
Haile Selassie I, "Power of the Trinity"
Soul made in naija, my voice made in Italy
White mans world that I'm livin' in, some say
But it was Africa the continent we all came from
Can't nothing come between me and you
So before I have seeds gotta understand my roots
Gotta understand the truth. We is all king's 'round here
Lifes not all fair, work till we fall dead
Paul goin' hard 'till I urn like a Pall-Bearer
Although my body's in the U.S my heart's there
I can never be ashamed of her, I got my features and my name from her
Mama Africa"---wale
Re: Wale Criticized By Americans For Wearing Native Nigerian Wear To Meet Obama by bigx(m): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2015
vindisick:
instead of saying niger delta, just call the name of the state. this niger delta slang has no meaning.

This is exactly like saying instead of calling igbo/hausa, just call the state.

Ijaw/Izon is spread across states smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Odunlade Adekola And Yemi Osinbajo Pictured Together / Flavour And Daughters Rock Matching Arsenal Outfit To Celebrate Wenger / Renato de Santa Rips His Face To Give 'Demon Smile' (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.