Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s (2513 Views)

Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring / Patrick Leahy, US Senator Calls Nigerian Soldiers ‘rapists’ / FFK Blasts US Senator Leahy For Calling Nigerian Soldiers "Rapists & Murderers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) To Nigerian President Buhari’s Mis-Directed Criticism Of The Leahy Law On Human Rights

“It is well documented by the State Department and by respected human rights organizations that Nigerian army personnel have, for many years, engaged in a pattern and practice of gross violations of human rights against the Nigerian people and others, including summary executions of prisoners, indiscriminate attacks against civilians, torture, forced disappearances and rape. Rarely have the perpetrators been prosecuted or punished.

“This abusive conduct not only violates the laws of war, it creates fear and loathing among the Nigerian people whose support is necessary to defeat a terrorist group like Boko Haram.

“President Buhari ignores the undisputed fact that most Nigerian army units have been approved, under the Leahy Law, for U.S. training and equipment. Only those particular units against which there is credible evidence of the most heinous crimes are ineligible for U.S. aid. And even those units can again become eligible if the Nigerian Government takes effective steps to bring the responsible individuals to justice.

“I strongly agree with President Buhari about the need to defeat Boko Haram, and I have supported tens of millions of dollars in U.S. aid to Nigeria for that purpose. But rather than suggest that the United States is at fault for not funding murderers and rapists in the Nigerian military, he should face up to his own responsibility to effectively counter Boko Haram. He should direct his attention to the Nigerian military, and the Nigerian courts, and clean up the units implicated in such atrocities.”

# # # # #

Press Contact
Press Contact
David Carle: 202-224-3693

https://www.leahy.senate.gov/press/reaction-of-senator-patrick-leahy-d-vt-to-nigerian-president-buharis-mis-directed-criticism-of-the-leahy-law-on-human-rights

5 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by horexy(f): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by StOla: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
But rather than suggest that the United States is at fault for not funding murderers and rapists in the Nigerian military, he should face up to his own responsibility to effectively counter Boko Haram. He should direct his attention to the Nigerian military, and the Nigerian courts, and clean up the units implicated in such atrocities.”

But PDP told us that the army under Jonathan did not commit atrocities against the civilian population.

Any word yet on the ICC petition against Gen.Ihejirika who supervised all of these crimes as Chief of Army Staff?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2015
Only the Dullard from Daura and his sai chanters would be surprised by the reception they received in DC. After all the photo ops, Nigeria was giving a beat down, by the POWERS in DC, not the third world hustlers following buhari around.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by Callmemike(m): 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
Now this is interesting. That shows that nothing was gained from the US tour. Can we also be worried about the lack of offence against BH since May 29? We have been hearing about gathering intelligence underground and all that. Action? None yet.

3 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
StOla:

But PDP told us that the army under Jonathan did not commit atrocities against the civilian population.

The Nigerian army committed zero crime, boko harm supporters like you will never understand the damaged, you people brought to this country.

6 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by vedaxcool(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
I thought accursed taniods claimed the north was framing JJonathan and no abuse occurred ? Lehy failed to note Buhari has directed all allegations be investigated, hence he isn't wrong to question why a law that is suppose protect civilians has prevented critical armaments from reaching the Nigerian army who are fighting against a bloody terror group. Lehy is the ultimate hypocrite to pretend not to even know how Egypt has gradually become a rogue state that violate the rights of its citizens habitualy and carries out wholescalr masssacre of the opposition in Egypt yet recieves sophisticated weapons and money from the US.

4 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by StOla: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
atlwireles:

The Nigerian army committed zero crime, boko harm supporters like you will never understand the damaged, you people brought to this country.

So I guess a respectable US Senator like Patrick Leahy who is a Catholic and not a Muslim, is also supporting boko haram for stating the obvious about the Nigerian Army?

The same obvious opinion your type hold about the Army when they conduct their operations in the South.

Thanks for bringing this thread up, but I wonder why you don't agree with the American accusations against the army, but you posted it all the same thinking you want to smear Buhari?

You see what blind hatred does?
You end up achieve the agenda of your enemies.

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
[s]
vedaxcool:
I thought accursed taniods claimed the north was framing JJonathan and no abuse occure? Lehy failed to note Buhari has directed all allegations be investigated, hence he isn't wrong to question why a law that is suppose protect civilians has prevented critical armaments from reaching the Nigerian army who are fighting against a bloody terror group. Lehy is the ultimate hypocrite to pretend not to even know how Egypt has gradually become a rogue state that violate the rights of its citizens habitualy and carries out wholescalr masssacre of the opposition in Egypt yet recieves sophisticated weapons and money from the US.
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by vedaxcool(m): 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
StOla:

Any word yet on the ICC petition against Gen.Ihejirika who supervised all of these crimes as Chief of Army Staff?

Don't u know they act mentally unstable who suffer mental anorexia. Today's lies becomes tommorrow truth all in the service of their hatred for Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by vedaxcool(m): 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

grin taniods are naturally allegic to reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by babadem2much(m): 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ok sir, U don try talk say dem de R*pe, kill n do many many tins wey people no want. Abeg will u please go and sign just one RPG and face d insurgent in the forest, anofit shout joor

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
StOla:

So I guess a respectable US Senator like Patrick Leahy who is a Catholic and not a Muslim, is also supporting boko haram for stating the obvious about the Nigerian Army?

Patrick Leahy is only reporting what his NIGERIAN SOURCES FED HIM. angry angry angry angry People like you are the boko haram supporting crowd, you thought you were damaging GEJ. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by davuvid(m): 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nigerian Army committed atrocities against those initially shielding BH members....Even the Sheikhs don't even preach that crap anymore

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
vedaxcool:

grin taniods are naturally allegic to reasoning.

Almajiri see where you sai chanters have landed the dullard from daura. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by ojimbo(m): 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by vedaxcool(m): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
atlwireles:

Almajiri see where you sai chanters have landed the dullard from daura. undecided

Begger ur fellow wailers are almost starving to death because jojo never release unah allaweee. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by StOla: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
atlwireles:

Patrick Leahy is only reporting what his NIGERIAN SOURCES FED HIM. angry angry angry angry People like you are boko haram suporting crowd, you thought you were damaging GEJ. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And when people like me support the operations of the Air Force in Calabar and Akwa-Ibom, you suddenly consider the military the enemy but in Borno the military is gallant, right?

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
vedaxcool:

Begger ur fellow wailers are almost starving to death.

You mean starving to death in duara, today is friday, I dropped some money in your almajiris pans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
[s]
StOla:

And when people like me support the operations of the Air Force in Calabar and Akwa-Ibom, you suddenly consider the military the enemy but in Borno the military is gallant, right?
[/s]

I hate fraudsters, you are one.

3 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by vedaxcool(m): 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
atlwireles:

You mean starving to death in otueke, today is friday, I dropped some money in my fellow wailers pans.

How sweet. undecided
Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by StOla: 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

I hate fraudsters, you are one.

And you are what?

You see where parochialism has gotten you?

You are a chief wailer, keep wailing while Nigeria progresses in spite of you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by vedaxcool(m): 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2015
StOla:

grin the fool can't stand a logical argument hence he resort to trolling his own thread.
Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
Wither away USA, PMB needs to do the GEJ way if he wants to succed in this ongoing war against insurgency

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
StOla:

And you are what?

You see where parochialism has gotten you?

You are a chief wailer, keep wailing while Nigeria progresses in spite of you.

You are a fraudster. Your dullard is the only one wailing, just pick up any paper, your slavemaster and his slaves are crying like the rats most of you are.

3 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by Shortyy(f): 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
Oohh.. I'm loving this.

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by Young03(m): 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
seen

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by StOla: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
atlwireles:

You are a fraudster. Your dullard is the only one wailing, just pick up any paper, your slavemaster and his slaves are crying like the rats most of you are.

When next you open a propaganda thread, trust me to always derail your agenda with the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
atlwireles:
Only the Dullard from Daura and his sai chanters would be surprised by the reception they received in DC. After all the photo ops, Nigeria was giving a beat down, by the POWERS in DC, not the third world hustlers following buhari around.
Wireless are you suggesting that the Nigerian military engaged in wanton human rights abuses as claimed by America? Don't you think that by denying our troops the required equipment, america is unwittingly aiding Boko Haram? Why are we not focused on Boko Haram lack of respect for the Geneva Convention and respect for human rights?

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by atlwireles: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
[s]
kITATITA:

Wireless are you suggesting that the Nigerian military engaged in wanton human rights abuses as claimed by America? Don't you think that by denying our troops the required equipment, america is unwittingly aiding Boko Haram? Why are we not focused on Boko Haram lack of respect for the Geneva Convention and respect for human rights?
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by StOla: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
vedaxcool:

grin the fool can't stand a logical argument hence he resort to trolling his own thread.

Don't mind him.

I've already neutralized his agenda to smear Buhari.

I'm sure he's wishing he didn't post this one. All the negatives of the report points back to Jonathan.

He will look left and right before posting such again.

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Senator Patrick Leahy To Nigerian President Buhari’s by vedaxcool(m): 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
StOla:

When next you open a propaganda thread, trust me to always derail your agenda with the truth.

This post is golden.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram In Control Of Two Lg’s In Borno – Gov. Shettima / APC Promise Igbos Presidency 2023 To Stop Pro-biafra Agitation / Shame! Ghana Deports 8 Nigerians (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.