Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

This My 5th Time Of Attempting Post Utme! Am I Still Destined For University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This My 5th Time Of Attempting Post Utme! Am I Still Destined For University (1953 Views)

Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation / UNILORIN Student Sits On The Main Road, Attempting Suicide Over Ponzi Scheme / UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This My 5th Time Of Attempting Post Utme! Am I Still Destined For University by Arijosh(m): 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
his is the 5th time I am attempting Post Ume. Some of my mates are even in final year and I feel so ashamed of myself. Even my younger sibling is now in the university. Sometimes I feel its not my destiny to go into the university. In the meantime, there is this guy who wants to help me. He says he will arrange all my papers if we have sex. I know it's wrong, but I love him. What do I do?" My response: Thanks for asking. I can see that you are being pulled in several directions. So lets get key root words that address each of the issues. First, you are embarrassed at your academic status, and perhaps rightly so. However, you have not faced the core issue of your failure. Life is never fair and we don't get promoted in life based on who are our mates, or the hierarchy in the family. Academic principles are not sentimental. If you have failed 5 times on a particular exam consider the following: 1. Am I pursuing a career based on the subjects I'm really good? ( I remember a student trying to study medicine but was stronger in the Arts, and was only doing it because of family pressures) 2. Have I found out the best reading techniques that suits me? What memory skills do I need? Do I have a foundational problem in that subject? I will recommend that you get the book, MECHANICS OF SITTING DOWN TO READ, by Dr. Ken Katas as well as his famous MRS chat. It has helped many students, and it will help you. The Second issue, is love, sex and short-cuts to success. I really wonder how people fall in love. Do they hit their heads on a stone when they fall so that they lose all sense of judgement? I guess so. Here is an guy using your problem as an opportunity to satisfy his lust. He needs sex, you need good results and admission. It's simply a business deal. Why you con add love join am na? So you think this guy who gets sex from you as a condition for helping you, will actually turn around and love you? The real question you should ask yourself is this: How far am I willing to use my body to get what I want? Use sex for admission, then what next? Use sex for first semester exam, then what next? Use sex for that critical assignment, then what next? Use sex for that difficult lecturer, then what next? Use sex for Project Supervisor, then what next? Use sex for NYSC posting and redeployment, then what next? Use sex to keep that boy from running with another girl, then what next? Use sex to get a job, then what next? Use sex to get that promotion in the job, then what next? Use sex to stop that guy from blackmailing me, about how I had used sex to get admission, then what next? Are you going to also use sex to bribe God from sending you to hell? Think am o!!! My advice is this, leave all these shortcuts. I call them deceptive progress. They give you the feeling that you are moving forward, but you are back to the beginning. Lets face the battle right now. You have an academic challenge, get Dr. Ken Katas books, they will really help you. He is not paying me to advertise his book, but if a book is good, whether I wrote it or not, becomes secondary. A good book is a good book. Period! Here is my advice: Use knowledge to solve problems and stop confusing love with sex.
Re: This My 5th Time Of Attempting Post Utme! Am I Still Destined For University by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
huh
Re: This My 5th Time Of Attempting Post Utme! Am I Still Destined For University by Joshuadon: 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
What's This
Re: This My 5th Time Of Attempting Post Utme! Am I Still Destined For University by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 25, 2015
Oga boss... abeg add space for dah helpful post... I'll check later if I fit read am

(1) (Reply)

2015 Uniuyo Post Utme Form Is Out,see Cut Off Mark Allocated To Diff. Department / Waec Result Checking Www.waecdirect.org / 10 Prestigious Masters Scholarships That Accept Lower 2nd Class Or Third Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.