Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola (703 Views)

Which Nigerian Politician Can Do All This (pictures) / New Face Of Osun Under Ogbeni Rauf / Doyin Okupe: No Politician Alive Can Stand Buhari’s Popularity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by HenryQuest(m): 5:32am On Jul 25, 2015
The governor of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Areg besola on Friday said the strength of the branding of the state under his administration has been such that no matter how hard traducers try, it will re main investor-friendly and capable of attracting the best of minds for positive engage ments because of its peace and tranquility.

This was the summation of the Chief of Staff to the Gov ernor, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, while speaking to newsmen shortly after declaring open the 42nd edition of the Annual General Meeting of the Ad vertising Agencies of Nigeria which commenced in Osogbo, the state capital on Friday.

Oyetola who asked that the anthem of the state be played before the august visitors, said it was not for nothing that Osun embarked on a re-branding of the state realising the impor tance of what opportunities await a state on the strength of how it advertises itself to the world.

According to him, “You have come to Osun and you can see for yourselves whether the impression of a famine-gripped state painted by our po litical opponents are reflected in the faces of the accommo dating people you see around.

“The economic challenge of Nigeria must be seen for what it is: a general crisis for which a state or a governor cannot be picked as the scapegoat. But unfortunately, that has re mained the agenda of those who feel it is possible to de stroy the efforts that had in re cent years, advertised our state as a pride of the Black race.”

Delivering Governor Areg besola’s speech earlier, Oyetola said that with construction of roads and other infrastructure put in place by the govern ment during the first term, the state has been able to attract global attention with globally recognised awards for its noble initiatives such as Opon Imo, Osun Youth Empowerment Scheme (OYES) among oth ers.

He charged the Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria (AAAN) to press for greater legal access and control over products, especially po litical adverts in order to bring greater sanity to the industry.

Aregbesola noted that the association must try as much as possible to control and filter what goes out, thereby ensur ing an effective check against advertisements that are not ethical.

He recalled the hate cam paign against President Mu hammadu Buhari during the last presidential campaign as one which in all ramifications and rating crossed the ethical barrier of advertising world over.

Aregbesola advised the as sociation to do everything at its disposal to ensure that products and political adverts are sub jected to thorough scrutiny. Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/no-politician-can-destroy-osun-under-me-aregbesola/
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by cerzo(m): 5:34am On Jul 25, 2015
I pity this state

And our yoruba people
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by donholy28(m): 5:36am On Jul 25, 2015
U be one man squad
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 25, 2015
State that has been earmarked for demolition because of your useless policies.

Can anybody tell this man to stop disgracing himself.
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by holytribe(m): 5:37am On Jul 25, 2015
Osun state or better still... State of Osun. Can someone enlighten me in the difference?
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by DTOBS(m): 5:57am On Jul 25, 2015
WombRaiders:
State that has been earmarked for demolition because of your useless policies.

Can anybody tell this man to stop disgracing himself.
Yes,I will deliver ur message...
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by Demmocrats(m): 6:08am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by SouthernBreeze(m): 6:49am On Jul 25, 2015
The Rascal is always ranting. I pray his people get out of the spell he plantented on dem
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by Agwoden(m): 7:10am On Jul 25, 2015
In basket mouth's voice "Sir If the state have been destroyed already then em...em nothing to destroy again na, Na to to park the debris Na"
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by lukecent: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2015
What is left there to be destroyed. No body ll want to waste his energy to destroy what's already destroying.
The state is on Ogbeni-inflicted destruction part, pity them.
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by Morkavictor: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2015
I thought buhari gave Apc governors bail out fund,he should use it to settle outstanding civil servant salary before disturbing us about sabotage.
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by luvmijeje(f): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2015
Aregbe, should keep shut his mouth.
Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by Gombs(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2015
Anyways, today's my birthday... Can I get some likes for no reason? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: No Politician Can Destroy Osun Under Me – Aregbesola by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Oga, first of all pay us salaries.

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Baby Stolen During Naming Ceremony In Ogun / Pmb Selective Fight Against Curruption / Happy 1 Year Annivasery To Those Who Bath With Salt And Water Last Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.