Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,305 members, 7,850,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. (7557 Views)

See Where Hushpuppi Derived His Name(pic) / Gideon Okeke Blasts Chiwetalu Agu Over His "Vulgar Slangs" / Davido's "Skelewu" Used In “Queen Of Katwe”, Walt Disney's Movie As Sound Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
halfrica:

grin am fine good and you
You wan finish my career so
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Freemanan:
Mine is not among the listed... grin

NYE N'SOGBU.... ILLBLISS - THA SUSPECT
Na dele odule ...lol
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by kinglekan: 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
halfrica:
Yes my succulent B**bs and tasty Punna.
Enjoy ya meal grin
*faints*
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
kinglekan:
*faints*
Jesus !!!!
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
kinglekan:

Ayam stupiddd and am sorry ma

Dnt tell me ur mrcork apprentice
Apology accepted *pats him*
Son
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
safarigirl:
@Iamsynord. This your list get many faults....

Wey P-square? E get as e dey do me was gotten off their do me track.

Then there is Banky W 'Strong thing' eg, "omo, that babe do me strong thing'

D'banj- Dikoko is still in use today to mean 'the matter/issue at hand'...then he brought 'Koko' meaning deek and 'kokolet' meNing babe/girl.

Bros, na 2010 you begin dey hear naija songs? What are words like 'no lele' and even that mumu 'sneh' doing on your list when these decade old words are still around?

Safarigirl ow av u been ?? thanks for d Info ..
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
RaDaZaBaNa:

You wan finish my career so

When ur career taste like beef wat do u except na to chop am raw the one wey remain i stil dey come bck to chop am tongue
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by safarigirl(f): 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
Iamsynord:

Safarigirl ow av u been ?? thanks for d Info ..

i've been good, you? You're welcome
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
grin
Iamsynord:

Na dele odule ...lol
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
safarigirl:
i've been good, you? You're welcome

Wanted to add Dbanj koko and Psquare do me initially, I totally forgot banky w strong thing , Even olu maintain karma kazee
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by kinglekan: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
halfrica:
Dnt tell me ur mrcork apprentice Apology accepted *pats him* Son
Heheheheh!! Gv me that punna already joooorrr tongue
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by safarigirl(f): 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Iamsynord:

Wanted to add Dbanj koko and Psquare do me initially, I totally forgot banky w strong thing , Even olu maintain karma kazee
even yahooze dey sef
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
kinglekan:

Heheheheh!! Gv me that punna already joooorrr tongue

Since homosexuality is allowed u can like to fffuuuccckkk ursef from behind
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by iamrealdeji(m): 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
Iamsynord:
1) No lele - No lele which means no trouble was a track off wizkid's Superstar album featuring Dprince.The Track was especially popular because of the slang and No lele became a well used slang amidst nigerian youths.

2) Shoro Niyen - Ybnl Shoro niyen track is another Slang created by Olamide and his YBnL crew and is fast gaining popularity among nigerian youths .It means " Is that a Word or is that meaningful "

3) Lets Go there - 9ice Hit track Party Rider off the Gongo Aso album also came with the catch phrase " Lets Go there " Which was Quite popular too.

4) No long Thing /koko- During Dbanj Stay at Mo hits record ,this was one of his most catchphrase and Slang and also became quite Popular and used during this period.
The Term Koko and Kokolet is also a very popular catch phrase by dbanj

5) Alobam - Though alobam is an Ibo word meaning Friend .Phyno Turned it into a Street appealing Sound nationwide and Alobam became even more popular with the people

6) Ginger and Swagga- Terry G has so many slangs and Catch phrases on the Street that we all know .But his most famous For his Ginger and Swagga Slangs. Ginger means to be in the mood and Swagga means Swag.

7) Goons Mi - Goons means Friend or partner but 70 percent of Nigerians didnt know this until The Track, Goons mi off The Street OT album dropped as a Single and has Since become a Favourite street slang

cool Gobe- Davido Hit Track gave immense popularity to the Slang " Gobe meaning Trouble after the release of his controversial track,Gobe ..

9) Tesojue / Ukwu - Reminisce Tesojue and Timaya Ukwu are both very popular street slangs and Catch phrases. Tesojue means Enjoy it while Ukwu by Timaya is used to admire the female rear end.

10 ) DoroBucci - The Mavin Crew Doro slang caused Massive Frenzy all over the country and is one of the Biggest invented Slangs ever as well as one of the most succesful songs of Donjazzy 's led Mavin Crew.

10 Notable mentions

Naeto C - Kini Big Deal
Zule Zoo - Kerewa
Hakym d Dream- Lamba
Olamide - Sneh
9ice Ft wizkid - Onpoint
Samklef - Noni
Olamide- Ilefo
Timaya - Bad belle,
Jahbless - JorOh
Durella - Enu O se
Op,stop lying to innocent Nigerians,who told you goons means friends or partner? Goons simply means hitmen or thugs that big bosses send to deal with people, like Philly rapper Ar-ab's nickname is "Top Goon of Philly"
And who told you 9ice and Wiz kid started on point? On point has been around before the 2 of them ever knew they'd become musicians Cassidy said " I'm on Point like a thorn out here" then "you're a premadonna,I'm on point like Madonna Nose" in his 2003 album and it has been around way before then,so stop lying to people,get your facts right next time instead of thinking Nigerians are not exposed
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Op,stop lying to innocent Nigerians,who told you goons means friends or partner? Goons simply means hitmen or thugs that big bosses send to deal with people, like Philly rapper Ar-ab's nickname is "Top Goon of Philly"
And who told you 9ice and Wiz kid started on point? On point has been around since the 2 of them ever knew they'd become musicians Cassidy said " I'm on Point like a thorn out here" in his 2003 album and it has been around way before then,so stop lying to people,get your facts right next time instead of thinking Nigerians are not exposed

OK Sir.On your on point Issue,I never said they invented ..I said they popularize it.Check wat I said on Goons Mi and Alobam.Thanks ..
and on the goon stuff you are very right ..Modified sir

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
Iamsynord:

OK Sir.On your on point Issue,I never said they invented ..I said they popularize it.Check wat I said on Goons Mi and Alobam.Thanks ..
and on the goon stuff you are very right ..Modified sir
Mate you are right on the Goons ish.... Literally it means Thugs or Mafia but in the context these musicians use it, it means friends or partners...
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by kinglekan: 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
halfrica:

Since homosexuality is allowed u can like to fffuuuccckkk ursef from behind

Chaiiii!! But y do u hate me nah. sad sad

Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
kinglekan:

Chaiiii!! But y do u hate me nah. sad sad

I lovehate u dats all bt be happy d love came first and not d oda way round
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by kinglekan: 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
halfrica:

I lovehate u dats all bt be happy d love came first and not d oda way round

I feel the latter more. sad
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by cr7lomo: 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
No lele was made popular by 2face and not wizkid .

U forgot to also add 2faces notin de happen
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
kinglekan:

I feel the latter more. sad

Dats cos u turned ur fone upside down reading
*in d well of my hatred lies an hidden pure love*
Bt do u always try to dig into it? Nah so quit whining like a wailiing wailers or a rotweiler and get to work
*malnurished wit love my assss*
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by kinglekan: 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
halfrica:

Dats cos u turned ur fone upside down reading
*in d well of my hatred lies an hidden pure love*
Bt do u always try to dig into it? Nah so quit whining like a wailiing wailers or a rotweiler and get to work
*malnurished wit love my assss*

Werey gidi ni baby yi oooo

shocked
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 26, 2015
kinglekan:

Werey ni mi o chai na who do me dis way daris God

shocked

Dude get a life or stop tryin to live
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by kinglekan: 12:44am On Jul 26, 2015
halfrica:

Dude get a life or stop tryin to live
Chaiiii!! Baby y do u do this to me?
sad sad
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 26, 2015
kinglekan:

Chaiiii!! Baby y do u do this to me?

sad sad

Cos u need to always zipzap ur mouth and stop rooting out problem from d rooters in zombies land up inside ur brain
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by kinglekan: 1:21am On Jul 26, 2015
halfrica:

Cos u need to always zipzap ur mouth and stop rooting out problem from d rooters in zombies land up inside ur brain
shocked
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Lilshorecords(m): 6:26am On Jul 26, 2015
Iamsynord:
my Fellow 2dice,Hatux,lilshorecords,Redcard1,Freemanan which one una dey use
emi ma tesojue nio. Lol
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lilshorecords:
emi ma tesojue nio. Lol
lol Na so
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
cr7lomo:
No lele was made popular by 2face and not wizkid .

U forgot to also add 2faces notin de happen

yes sir ?? Tuface No shaking
Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by hadura29(m): 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
Kinglekan OBA lekan himself.... He don tey oooo!!! Ki Lon sele majesty?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Song Derived Slangs Used In Nigeria.. by kinglekan: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
hadura29:
_Kinglekan OBA lekan himself.... He don tey oooo!!! Ki Lon sele majesty?

Ayam dey ooooo!! cheesy cheesy

Bawo ni padi mi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Finer Than Kizz Daniel He's Only Richer (photos) / Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet / List Of 16 Nigerians Who Own A Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.