Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church (2052 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Kicked Out Of APC Primaries (Snapshot) / ECONOMIC DISASTER!! Nigeria Kicked Out Of Bond Index / Aftermath Of Catholic Church Bombing In Malali, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by panafrican(m): 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2006
He decided to get married , then left his wife  and return to Rome,then  later showed up  in the USA ,this time promoting the idea catholic  priests  should be married.   grin

Now the controversial former Archbishop of Lusaka  has been kicked out of the catholic church . Right or wrong ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5381888.stm
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by Odeku(m): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2006
There is two side to the story, better for him to be married than molesting children, at least that is what most of this Catholic priests have been synonymous for, and on the other hand, he knew the rule and requirements of a priest, catholic priest are supposed to abstain from sex. and he has urge to be with a lady he should have relegate his post and leave in peace
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by Nutter(m): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2006
Very well said, Flex06. I however take issue with your assertion that most priests are synonymous with molestation. It is not most but some.

@Topic,

I just don’t understand some people. The Laws of the Church are quite clear. You cannot get married if you want to be (or remain) a priest. You cannot have it both ways. If he felt himself keen to partake in ‘earthly pleasures’, he should have left the Church of his own volition (I have a seminarian friend who did just that), joined the Anglican Communion or, as is common these days, started his own church; instead of trying to take the Mickey. Ah, ah!

*Like Flex06, I remain an ardent supporter of priests who leave the Church rather than stay on the ‘register’ while cavorting with all manner of women (men and boys!).
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by Chxta(m): 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2006
It is a very simple thing. Before you become a priest you are given the low down. Become a priest and forget about sex. This Milingo guy lacks discipline.

This makes interesting reading by the way. . .
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by Odeku(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2006
Emm, Its amazing how all this priest suppressed their bodily fluid and keep it under control, its human nature to want to have sex, but discipline is the key here.
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by Mula(f): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2006
I know those priests beats off and they have the audacity to tell me to be celebrate. the damn cheek tongue
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by Odeku(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2006
its better for them to beat or jerk off in the privacy of their own home and not molest children, and you should seek their advice and not do what they do, lol
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by Nkila: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2006
well if God has allowed men to have this stick ,it is because he wants them to use it ,right ? wink
Besides,can somebody tell the rest of us where in the Bible it is written that priest shouldn't get married.
Jesus was not married ! well it is may be because it was busy doing a lot of work in three years.
He died at the age of 33.
Can someone also give the proof that all the disciples were not married.

Cardinal Ratzinger ( Pope Benedict) has sent a questionnable message to africa, a continent where christian faith is stronger than anywhere in Europe.
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by vinmol: 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2010
the behaviour of catholic priests these days is beyond imagination, all sorts of sexual immorality is named amongst them and the church is truly not happy about this,

priest getting unsuspecting young girls preganant and dening it
priest are now pedophites
priest are homosexuals

i have even been asked out by  seminarian and a catholic priest
i was so embarrased and shocked it took me some time to recover  from it
cos i cldnt imagine that the priest which i was brought up to see as another jesus christ on earth whom i confess my sins and look up to would do this
(Human they are u would say)

NYSC was just it the priests in the parish i attend would not let the female corpers be,  (truly embarrassing to the church)

the bible is clear about this, if you cannot hold your sef get married!
if the catholic doctrine says u most swear to celebacy as a priest
and you as a person know this is not wat u can do please step aside just like Milingo and stop embarrassing the Church!

i know a lot of seminarians turned deacon almst a priest who left the seminary!

just like we still hve a lot of priest who have sworn to celebacy with their lips and are more sexually active than the layman,

a lot of catholic orders that i will not like to list on this thread are so much into this on the disguise that i have taken my last oat therefore i cannot stop being a priest, so i can as well be a priest and still be sexually active with whoever, they know themselves, we go for confession and come out with complimentary card of the priest, REPENT CLERGY MEN AND STOP BEING  HYPOCRATES!
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2010
vinmol:

the behaviour of catholic priests these days is beyond imagination, all sorts of sexual immorality is named amongst them and the church is truly not happy about this,

priest getting unsuspecting young girls preganant and dening it
priest are now pedophites
priest are homosexuals

i have even been asked out by seminarian and a catholic priest
i was so embarrased and shocked it took me some time to recover from it
cos i cldnt imagine that the priest which i was brought up to see as another jesus christ on earth whom i confess my sins and look up to would do this
(Human they are u would say)

NYSC was just it the priests int he parish i attend would not let the female corpers be, (truly embarrassing to the church)

the bible is clear about this, if you cannot hold your sef get married!
if the catholic doctrine is saying u most swear to be celebacy as a priest
and you as a person know this is not wat u can do please step aside just like Milingo and stop embarrassing the Church!

i know a lot of seminarians turned deacon almst a priest who left the seminary!

just like we still hve a lot of priest who are swore to celebacy with their lips and are more sexually active than the layman,

a lot of catholic orders that i will not like to list on this thread are so much into this on the disguise that i have taken my last oat therefore i cannot stop being a priest, so i can as well be a priest and still be sexually active with whoever, they know themselves, we go for confession and come out with complimentary card of the priest, REPENT CLERGY MEN AND STOP BEING HYPOCRATES!

Monsignor Cassanova shocked

But seriously what else would you expect from such priests, when they constantly receive confessions of sexual nature from ladies. Body no be wood ke cheesy
Re: Controversial Zambian Archbishop Milingo Kicked Out Of Catholic Church by TheClown: 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2010
I'm Catholic but that not withstanding:
The attitudes of some Priests (Pastors inclusive) are highly embarrassing to the Church, and more so, destroying the faith of the weak. I doubt if there is a priest on this thread, so this message would not get to them. However, just like a someone reported, if you are approached by a priest, who is supposed to have given up earthly pleasures for the service of Christ, why not embarrass him publicly! Make them ashamed of themselves! Sit them down and advise them like children!
A Catholic Priest can opt out of the Priesthood if he cannot continue, provided he comes before the same congregation before whom he took the oath of Celibacy, Poverty (that is owning nothing more than required and unless of course provided him by the Charity of the Church and society), Communal life (In the case of congregations), and Obedience to the Bishop to serve Christianity and humanity even at the pain of death, and then renounce those oaths, giving reasons why he cannot continue.
Clergies can get married in the Church. We have married deacons in the Catholic Church, though not popular in the Africa, and priests of the eastern Catholic Church (Not to be confused with eastern Orthodox Church) get married. If you can't continue, why let your singular action smear the name of the Church? Very annoying.

(1) (Reply)

"scientific" Racism: Nobel Prize Winner James Watson Suspended ! / The Evil Candidate: General Ibrahim Babangida / Tinubu Plots Against Mimiko For Supporting Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.