Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] (5019 Views)

Governor Yahaya Bello Is Not Dead. See Photos Of Him Chilling In Dubai. / Suspected Killers Of Soldiers In Nembe Arrested, Two Dead (see Photos) / Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by dealeh: 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2015

Professor Muritala Akinola Salau former Vice chancellor LAUTECH just died at Turkish Hospital Abuja
Please Remember him in your Dua..

May his soul rest in peace.

More Details to follow…

http://www.gltrends.com/lautech-former-vc-prof-akinola-salau-is-dead-see-photo/
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by ladyF(f): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
So sad news cry My heart goes out to his family.
May God grant them the fortitude they need. cry
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by NeduLuiZ(m): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
Rip sire
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
Rip sire
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by olaglamour(f): 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
May God forgive his shortcomings
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by omowolewa: 11:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
RIP
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by XavierBlue(m): 11:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
ladyF:
So sad news cry My heart goes out to his family.
May God grant them the fortitude they need. cry
What will you use in breathing? cheesy

XavierBlue
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by ladyF(f): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
XavierBlue:
What will you use in breathing? cheesy

XavierBlue

I dont need to.
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by temitemi1(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
RIP
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by XavierBlue(m): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
ladyF:
I dont need to.
so you'll chose to die for the death man? cheesy

XavierBlue
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by ladyF(f): 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
XavierBlue:
so you'll chose to die for the death man? cheesy

XavierBlue

Na, can only give up my life for immediate family members.
A human can survive without a heart. Greater is He that is in me....

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
Oh boi...my Statistical Physics Professor in OAU... shocked shocked shocked.
I remember how i use to sit in-front of his office waiting for his arrival from Lautech where he was also the VC back then.
May is soul rest in perfect peace.

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by Demmocrats(m): 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by Demmocrats(m): 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2015
K
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by XavierBlue(m): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
ladyF:

Na, can only give up my life for immediate family members.
A human can survive without a heart. Greater is He that is in me....
but you gave your heart to his family na. cheesy. Are you a prayer warrior or a reverend sister? No intended offence dear, just being inquisitive.

XavierBlue
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by ladyF(f): 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
XavierBlue:
but you gave your heart to his family na. cheesy. Are you a prayer warrior or a reverend sister? No intended offence dear, just being inquisitive.

XavierBlue

It was temporary. I have collected my heart back grin
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by XavierBlue(m): 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
ladyF:

It was temporary. I have collected my heart back grin
grincheesy. Now you're acting like a true citizen of Nigeriagrin. Check the heart well, incase the family members don break am, you know, they might be carelesscheesy

XavierBlue
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by vicadex07(m): 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
sounds like he was a good man. Thats all that counts when all is said and done.

RIP to him

saxywale:
I remember how i use to sit in-front of his office waiting for his arrival from Lautech where he was also the VC back then.
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by Kamali(m): 12:57am On Jul 26, 2015
INA LILLAHI..WA INA ILEHI RJIUN..REMEMBERED HIM IN HIS IFE DAYS.
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 26, 2015
vicadex07:
sounds like he was a good man. Thats all that counts when all is said and done.

RIP to him

Yes..he was a good man, devoted muslim, speaks slowly and smiles alot. Always ready to help students in their academic pursuit.
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by vicadex07(m): 1:19am On Jul 26, 2015
WOW...RIP TO HIM ONCE A GAIN AND I PRAY GOD GIVES HIS FAMILY THE FORTITUDE TO BEAR HIS LOSS
saxywale:

Yes..he was a good man, devoted muslim, speaks slowly and smiles alot. Always ready to help students in their academic pursuit.
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by TunbiIge: 1:50am On Jul 26, 2015
MY ENCOUNTER WITH Prof A.M. SALAU

Fellows, the above is a series I intend to run for the next couple of days reminiscing the various memorable moments I shared with Late Prof A.M. Salau.

The year was year 2000, as an undergraduate in the university where Prof Salau was the VC, part of what I cherished was to observe my jumat service at the University Mosque because it was always from mosque to Federation of Ibadan Students' Union ( FIBSU) meeting at Old Chemistry Lab.

There was this particular Friday I got to the mosque a bit late, same as Prof Salau on that day (though very unusual of him).
We had our ablution at about the same time and at that time Dr Tijani ( now Prof Tijani) LAUTECH Chief Imam was already on his feet, the security office attached to VC hastely spread the mat himself and Prof were to pray on and some students in their innocence rushed to occupy the mat before Prof Salau could access the mat, at that point I almost lost concentration on my prayer (astagafirlah) I was just a row away and was amazed at what the students did, the security officer to the VC tactically attempted to secure a space for Prof Salau on the mat but Prof declined insinuating those students actually got to the mat before him and should be allowed to observe their prayers on the mat the VC actually brought to the mosque and to my dismay, the VC just quietly packed himself off the mat and had his prayer on a bare sand under the scotching sun of that day. I practically lost concentration on my prayer on that day as I saw the height of humility on display.

Prof A.M. Salau humbled himself here on earth , may Allah elevate him to enviable heights in the hereafter.
#icelebratemyhero#

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by holytribe(m): 4:24am On Jul 26, 2015
Though, I got to know here about you upon my resumption into the school... Now u r gone.

RIP
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:35am On Jul 26, 2015
saxywale:
I thought as much. I saw him in Oduduwa Hall, OAU, Ile-Ife when the alumni were unveiling the 50th anniversary logo.
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by FaladSon: 5:44am On Jul 26, 2015
dealeh:

Professor Muritala Akinola Salau former Vice chancellor LAUTECH just died at Turkish Hospital Abuja
Please Remember him in your Dua..

May his soul rest in peace.

More Details to follow…

http://www.gltrends.com/lautech-former-vc-prof-akinola-salau-is-dead-see-photo/
His types are rare, a VC that will go to class to lecture students, give listening hear to students on the issues regarding their welfarism. RIP Prof.

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by Sunnyade01(m): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2015
Inalila waina ilahi rojihun. Prof. Salau is a father, elder, mentor, teacher and a scholar. He touched many lives in different capacities in which he head. May Allah forgive his shortcoming and grant him Al-Janna. Aamin

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by moufan: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2015
inalillahi waina illaehi rojiun,may ALLAH forgive him his sins

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2015
Professor Salau, an epitome of humility. May Allah forgive his sins and admit him into paradise. Ameen.
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by carinmom(f): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2015
Inna lillahi wa' inna ilayhi raji'un. May Allah forgive his sins and make jannatul firdaus his abode cry
Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by olajideolajire(m): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
RIP Prof. Akinola Salau of Department of Physics, OAU, Ile-Ife. He is a man of Honour and integrity

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by sagbar(m): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Very Humble man! I do admire him anywhere i met him....though, my department(Elect & Elect) shares the same building with physics.We knew how Profs with less intimidating profile behaves as if they are gods,this is not the same with Professor Salau...Adieu to a highly commendable man! My condolences to OAU community, Lautech Community,INEC,Prof JEGA and all Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Former VC, Prof. Akinola Salau Is Dead [see Photo] by dejt4u(m): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2015
He was my lecturer in OAU.. He taught me PHY405 (solid state physics).. May his soul rest in peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Association Of Wailing Wailers (AWW) Has Run Out Of Membership Forms / APDA leadership Crisis: Abuja Court Hears Motion On Genuine Executive Of APDA / President Confirmed His Coming Defeat In Nationwide Broadcast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.