Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,936 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Big Brother 2015 Cancelled! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Big Brother 2015 Cancelled! (388 Views)

Lagos Burial For Henrietta Kosoko Cancelled As Her Family Hijacks Plans / Chris Ubosi Sues Rihanna And Jay-Z Over Cancelled Concerts In Nigeria / Breaking News: Big Brother Africa 2015 Cancelled, Due to Sponsorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Brother 2015 Cancelled! by AminLarry(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2015
This is not good news for African ,The organisers of the popular big Brother Africa TV reality program have indicated that the program may not hold this year.

This according to the organisers is due to lack of sponsorship. The organizers of the show, Africa Magic and Endemol have been unable to get sponsorship for this year’s edition of the show.

The Manager of Multichoice Ghana, Anne Sackey confirmed to Razz Newspaper that they at Multichoice Ghana have received notice from MNET that this year’s edition of Big Brother Africa will not come off.

She explained that MNET did not give them any reasons as to why they will not be airing the Big Brother this year, but she suggested it could be due to sponsorship constraints.

“They didn’t give us any reason though, but I think it’s mainly because of cash constraints as we all know the show is very expensive to put up” she said.

Anne Sackey said since the organizers don’t have a constant annual headline sponsor (s) for the show, it becomes difficult sometimes getting sponsors.

“They don’t have fix sponsors on the show. Every year the sponsor changes, sometimes it’s Coca¬Cola, sometimes MTN and other companies from Ghana have sponsored before” she noted.

Idris Sultan, 2014 BBA Winner,
On further interrogation to shed more light on whether their inability to get a sponsor is a publicity stunt or not, she stated that MNET is a separate company and that they have their target and strategies so until they write to them, she can’t answer any more questions on their behalf.

Source:

http://nigeriainfohub.com/big-brother-africa-2015-cancelled/
Re: Big Brother 2015 Cancelled! by davuvid(m): 7:56am On Jul 26, 2015
Hmm...it's still a rumour though. But sincerely I'd love that programme scrapped cause it doesn't impact any form of knowledge to our youths
Re: Big Brother 2015 Cancelled! by Airforce1(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2015
Better be rumour cuz my sister is gonna kill somebody
Re: Big Brother 2015 Cancelled! by ahmedox(m): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2015
Big brother ko, small sister ni
Re: Big Brother 2015 Cancelled! by vayne(m): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2015
Phew..... Now I know it's only telemundo I have to batte with at home.

(1) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Celebrities Turn Up With DJ Cuppy “cuppy Takes Africa Tour” / Orezi Slams Marriage Rumors. / Oh!! Tyga And Kylie Jenner Are Secretly Engaged?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.