Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools (19837 Views)

These Ladies Recreated The Picture They Took In 2006 While In Secondary School / How Many Of You Wrote Love Letter In Secondary School? / 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by miketayo(m): 7:57am On May 26, 2017
Mynd44:
Nigerians are funny. These guys are not cults, they are gangs.

There have not been cults in Nugerian schools since the late 90s

Calling it gangs doesn't make it less scary
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by agrovick(m): 7:59am On May 26, 2017
Which government has made a concerted effort in giving Nigerians quality education?
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by Exciton(m): 8:00am On May 26, 2017
Nigerian leaders have absolutely no fucking plan for the next generation. Basic education at an acceptable standard is extremely expensive in this country.

Coupled to a huge population growth rate, caused by ignorance on a massive scale and fuelled by religion and culture, we are no doubt raising an army, 100+ million strong, of unskilled liabilities.

In sum, we are creating a very bleak future for our children.
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by Benekruku(m): 8:05am On May 26, 2017
One needs to be awarded a degree if one could read all the Epistle.

Can someone summarize for me in 2 sentences
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by casspersteve: 8:14am On May 26, 2017
the gang of a thing is a serious issue and from gang to cult,you would see them on sunday wearing the same clothes and taking pix together....MMM GANG,NNN GANG,MSN GANG,BBC GANG
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by technicallyrich(m): 8:36am On May 26, 2017
Nigeria is bleeped.there is so much problems facing these country that one begin to imagine were to start to takle it from.

1 Like

Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by GOFRONT(m): 8:47am On May 26, 2017
And I over heard one SS2 boy of G.S.S warning anoda guy frm anoda sch Not to ever put on that kind of color again.....(Yellow and blak)

I was shocked to see an SS2 boy drawin boundary to a dude as to d type of color a dude will wear and Not to wear..........

Nigeria smh
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by Oblion(m): 9:03am On May 26, 2017
seriously it's appalling...
young and bright minds turned Towards evil
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by Gravas(m): 9:32am On May 26, 2017
The issue of cultism in our society today is a big tragedy! Many politicians, lecturers, teachers, drivers and okada riders are into cultism. Even some so-called "Men of God" are agents of darkness! We are living in the society with beasts in human forms. It is really unfortunate. Their thoughts, words and actions fall short of morality. And when you talk of moral values, they will be quick to remind you that, morality is for the weak. Everybody wants to be 'strong' these days.
The touts at our motor parks are all into cultism.
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by abubaka101: 9:33am On May 26, 2017
I wrote an article about this same topic nearly 2 months ago here on Nairaland. www.nairaland.com/3705051/public-secondary-school-students-producing
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by egbojay: 9:35am On May 26, 2017
Y are we surprise on how cultism got into secondary and primary schools? D cultist in universities don't end their activities inside schools it is stretched out to d street. Orientations loosed like gospel. Even a primary school child talks now 10 words inside are cult related e.g u dey jonse o, how best, come make we cap, e.t.c. Where is d first place a graduated cultist finds himself after camp? Second schools n primary school. N wen he gets there he talks with another member which some are even staffs n principals. It's over nobody can stop dis menance d best thing we can do now is checkmate our kids. Eyes on dem n shun movies dat promotes such. But let me tell u some kids are Rgd even from their parents womb. God help my unborn kid
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by Gravas(m): 9:58am On May 26, 2017
These days, students in secondary school don't read their books. It is either they are busy discussing about films or football. This is very worrisome. The end result is that, we are fast producing certificate-bearing illiterates. All the evils bedevilling our society today is due to the glorification of wealth above knowledge, as evidenced in primitive pursuits of materialism. Everybody wants to get rich quick. To this end, hardwork is no longer cherished. Cutting corners is the order of the day. The get-rich-quick syndrome! Movie producers are responsible for the increase in societal evils. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by Gravas(m): 10:12am On May 26, 2017
@egbojay.
Very good points you have up there. Many movies these days promote materialism, cultism, violence, sex and a host of other social ills such as smoking, alcoholism, indecent dressing, etc. And when you speak against these ills, evil people will quickly attack you and tell you it is civilization.
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by stilldoingokay(f): 10:25am On May 26, 2017
wat me I don't understand is what there game from it
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by OBAGADAFFI: 10:27am On May 26, 2017
Mynd44:
Nigerians are funny. These guys are not cults, they are gangs.

There have not been cults in Nugerian schools since the late 90s

LOL,

They are confirmed Cults.

Just visit the Public Schools in Mushin and Shomolu.
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by Nobody: 10:40am On May 26, 2017
Jeffboi:

No talk this thing near my friend they raped him sister come kill her join for Edo state oo

Secondary school not uni.

How was the case handled?
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by 4rty(f): 10:43am On May 26, 2017
PeaceGord:
I'm prosecuting a charge now against 10 secondary school students In Enugu.

Two rival cults i. e. JVC and Twin Star confra!

Too bad!
Are u serious? Tell me its not true shocked shocked
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by 377: 10:45am On May 26, 2017
We need peace corp to handle this buhari sign d bill asap
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2017
eyenibibio:
I even see cultism rising in our primary schools

Haba

Primary school!!!!!

E Neva reach that level naa
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by armadeo(m): 1:06pm On May 26, 2017
PeaceGord:
I'm prosecuting a charge now against 10 secondary school students In Enugu.

Two rival cults i. e. JVC and Twin Star confra!

Too bad!

Wetin all those people wen you want make devil punish do you?
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by PeaceGord: 2:19pm On May 26, 2017
armadeo:

Wetin all those people wen you want make devil punish do you?

They are bad people.

You nor know?
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by ojimbo(m): 3:29pm On May 26, 2017
A failed state
Re: Cultism On The Rise In Secondary Schools by iseeicome: 5:03am On Sep 09, 2017
Peer group pressure and its influence on academic performance of Nigerian students
http://articlesng.com/peer-group-its-influence-on-academic-performance-of-students/

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Reasons Students Fail Examination Despite Studying / Post-utme Examination Is Illegal – JAMB Registrar / Can Two Gce Result Be Accepted For University Admission?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.