Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Roommate Learning Website Development - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Roommate Learning Website Development (650 Views)

Learning Website Design @ 37 / Naija's Intending Best E-learning Website / A Nigerian Based Free E-learning Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roommate Learning Website Development by Cactus(m): 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2009
For a couple of months, one of my roommate has being questioning me about website design and develpment. So finally I sat down and talked about how things work. This talk was on Monday. Then on Tuesday, I gave my roommate my development computer and since then has being spending at leas 9hrs a day staying up late night till around 2am trying to figure out things. So today is the 4 day now. Then my roommate asked about blogs and gallery. I then said you can make your own or use wordpress.

Asked me about wordpress if the design she made will work in wordpress then I said no that you need to add the wordpress template variables. She almost beat me to death. Shouting that why did I allow her to spend so much time trying to figure things out when it is only a blog and a gallery she wants. I was like you have being doing great for the last couple of days now you know what to expect and appreciate the good works of people who continuously try to improve and make easy web development for everyone.

She is still continuing will eventually move on to wordpress templating.

Eh eh eh eh pretty dedicated though.

4 days and counting. I would like to post a screenshot but she did not give me permission to do so. Sorry folks.
Re: Roommate Learning Website Development by yawatide(f): 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2009
oga cactus,

You gotta give it to her though, simply for her dedication. Was she ever interested in web dev? If not, what triggered the interest? 9hrs a day? No job? Is she learning web dev as a hobby or to go into biz?

Questions, questions. Answers, answers wink
Re: Roommate Learning Website Development by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2009
Erm. . .cactus. . .i find that name really amusing. . .brings some memories. . .
@topic: i usually take evasive action. . .when i can. . .i love teaching, but
if workload is too much, i simply vanish into thin air. . .
Re: Roommate Learning Website Development by Cactus(m): 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

oga cactus,

You gotta give it to her though, simply for her dedication.  Was she ever interested in web dev? If not, what triggered the interest?  9hrs a day? No job?  Is she learning web dev as a hobby or to go into biz?

Questions, questions.  Answers, answers wink

Today is Saturday, I came out of the room around 10am, I see her sitting in front of the computer. I had breakfast, then around 12.30pm I went to take a nap. She was still sitting chugging along. Came out around 3:45pm and she is still typing.

1. She did some work in computers before but was never interested in web dev.
2. There are some books she wants to put online using her own designs instead of someone else's
3. She is just learning for her own private use. She is not going into commercialization.
4. I intend on giving her a sample design to create for test.
5. I created a monster.

Now she is talking about learning the basics of

PHP = understanding level
Mysql  = average proficiency
Javascript  = full proficiency
Re: Roommate Learning Website Development by Cactus(m): 9:04pm On Mar 14, 2009
dhtml:

Erm. . .cactus. . .i find that name really amusing. . .brings some memories. . .
@topic: i usually take evasive action. . .when i can. . .i love teaching, but
if workload is too much, i simply vanish into thin air. . .

Well, she really doesnt ask me much questions only when she cant find out why the page is displaying weirdly. Google is her best friend, she knows how to find tags and codes to practice. Only I assist in modifying, strimlining, and debugging.
Re: Roommate Learning Website Development by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2009
Then that is ok, i guess you need to pull the vanishing act then. . .

(1) (Reply)

Why Are People Scared Of Paying Online With Their Interswitch Debit Cards? / Create Your First Website By This Afternoon / Are U A Good Individual Web Designer?here Is A Great Partnership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.