Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (64613 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2009
4-1 . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2009
Now Malouda scores - due to the rubbish referee's decision.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2009
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:47pm On May 10, 2009
Malouda was well offside - two poor decisions in moments.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 5:47pm On May 10, 2009
debosky:

Gibbs skies it after a goalmouth scramble. . . .

Gibbs was so wasteful
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 5:47pm On May 10, 2009
Adebayor ooooo.  .   .what a DIVE!!

That has to be the DIVE OF THE SEASON!

@Debo
Watch it again.  .  .there was NO contact. Even Ade was smiling! He never attempted to argue with the ref.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 10, 2009
4-1 . . . great match.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by toba1909(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2009
Gibbs wasteful or not,
the deed has being done.

The boys are extraordinary poor!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:49pm On May 10, 2009
There was contact - Cech's leg caught Ade. Stop using grainy TV signals.   grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4Play(m): 5:49pm On May 10, 2009
debosky:

With 3 games to go and a six point lead by Chelski, it is UNLIKELY we will make third - given we are playing UTD next. Is that too hard for you nitwits to comprehend?   It is a meaningless game because we won't get the automatic spot.

I think you have to be a consummate idiot to suggest that the potential of reducing a lead to 3 points with 2 games remaining is not really worth giving a fuss about.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On May 10, 2009
Debo,

when would Emirate trophy room receive any major trophy?

Debo and Dayo have similarities. . . Debo just cooked up a reason why they are 3-0 down. . . citing insignificance. . .

Dayo's team havent been trophyless for 4 seasons, and I dont give excuses like Gayyners and Chelsea people do

I take defeats in good faith not complaining about refs, officiating and I have never sent death threats to refs.

We at Bayern sack any coach who doesnt live up to expectations

Now Malouda scores - due to the rubbish referee's decision

Moaning about referee again? When would EPL teams man up? Chelsea on Wednesday, Arsenal on Sunday  Referee
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:50pm On May 10, 2009
@Criz

Don't mind Debo . . .

So Debo is trying to tell me that with 3 games to go beating Chelsea and hoping that Chelsea slips does not present a chance. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 10, 2009
debosky:

With 3 games to go and a six point lead by Chelski, it is UNLIKELY we will make third - given we are playing UTD next. Is that too hard for you nitwits to comprehend?   It is a meaningless game because we won't get the automatic spot.

You're right . . . wanna bet how many goals we are conceding for that game?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 5:52pm On May 10, 2009
Debo, quit viewing through the pain. grin There was no contact.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:53pm On May 10, 2009
4 Play:

I think you have to be a consummate idiot to suggest that the potential of reducing a lead to 3 points with 2 games remaining is not really worth giving a fuss about.

It's not worth it - it will not happen. Giving a fuss or not is not what I care about at this point. In actual fact I WANT us to come 4th - it removes any illusion of where our problems lie this season.

Game over.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:53pm On May 10, 2009
dayokanu:

Debo,

when would Emirate trophy room receive any major trophy?
Dayo's team havent been trophyless for 4 seasons, and I dont give excuses like Gayyners and Chelsea people do

I take defeats in good faith not complaining about refs, officiating and I have never sent death threats to refs.

We at Bayern sack any coach who doesnt live up to expectations

You both say alot of rubbish . . . Like the one above. . .
So you have never complained about refs decisions . . We are supposed to believe that. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 10, 2009
debosky:

It's not worth it - it will not happen. Giving a fuss or not is not what I care about at this point. In actual fact I WANT us to come 4th - it removes any illusion of where our problems lie this season.

Game over.

I wanted us to come 5th and play in the UEFA cup so we can take our head out of the sand.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 5:56pm On May 10, 2009
There's actually no problem choosing to be 4th . . except finishing in style, especially against your rivals makes a lot of sense. . . not losing 3-1 n the week and 4-1 at the weekend . . and then citing insignificance. . .

You think West Brom want to lose 4-1 even when it's certain they are going down?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 5:57pm On May 10, 2009
Premier League - Wenger's ageism costly
Eurosport - Thu, 07 May 13:44:00 2009

In his 12-and-a-half years at Arsenal, Arsene Wenger has seen almost everything.

More StoriesJim White: United win a triumph for Fergie
United overwhelm Arsenal to reach final
Along the way to completely rejuvenating the North London club from top to bottom, Wenger has captured two league and cup doubles, reached the club's first European Cup final and completed an entire league campaign unbeaten.

One thing he had not experienced until recently, however, was the handful of fans calling for him to leave the Emirates Stadium.

Such deluded demands are well wide of the mark; disgruntled Gooners might like to ponder the 21-game unbeaten run in the Premier League. But Tuesday's humiliating home defeat to Manchester United in the Champions League has condemned Arsenal to at least five trophyless years, something the fans are not used to.

The French coach now faces the realisation that he must reinvent himself as much as he reinvented the club he has come to define if he is to drag them back to the top.

For years he has justified his heavy reliance on young players by insisting that - with the Emirates being built and Highbury yet to be sold - he does not have the transfer budget to compete with the other big clubs, despite club chief Peter Hill-Wood repeatedly declaring that the money is there to spend if he so wished.

However honorable Wenger's intentions in refusing to commit the club to the kind of 'financial doping' that has left Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea saddled with huge debts, the simple fact is that the Gunners have more often than not been left struggling to keep up rather than setting the pace.

A lot has been made of Arsene's Junior Gunners' weakness, but Wenger's insistence on marginalising players once they turn 30 is just as significant.

While Arsenal have five players born in the 1990s on their books, of the first-team squad only goalkeeper Manuel Almunia and defenders William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre - both unwanted by their rivals - can look back on their 20s.

Compare that with Chelsea who, with more than twice as many over-30s in their squad, are third in the league with one major final confirmed and another pending. Even his supposed nemesis, Alex Ferguson, still feels comfortable enough to field senior players like Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, to the point where this season the former passed the 600-match mark and the latter notched up 800 and was named PFA Player of the Year.

Robert Pires was forced to leave to find for job security than the one-year rolling contract on offer in North London, and he and Thierry Henry continue to perform at the highest level in Spain, while the midfield struggles of Denilson and Alex Song show that Patrick Vieira, sold to Juventus in 2005, is still missed.

If nothing else, the presence of Pires at London Colney would hugely benefit the likes of Samir Nasri and Theo Walcott, while Henry's haul of goals in La Liga this season is equal the combined total of Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor.

That is not to say that Wenger's youth policy has not reaped its rewards. Cesc Fabregas is one of the most highly-coveted midfielders in the game, and a great deal of the future of the England team rests on Walcott's shoulders, but the balance is all too often skewed towards emerging rather than established talent.

The jackpots that the club have hit with the big-money sales of Nicolas Anelka (£23 million), Marc Overmars and Emmanuel Petit (a combined £30m) and most recently Alexandr Hleb (a mind-boggling £11.8m) have not nearly been matched in the opposite direction.

Even the signing of Andrei Arshavin would not have happened had the Russian not flown himself in to complete the deal.

The Premier League, and football in general, has much to thank Wenger for, but unless he makes his peace with the financial realities of the game as it is now, he may never lift any silverware at his team's shiny new home.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07052009/58/premier-league-wenger-s-ageism-costly.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 5:57pm On May 10, 2009
Oh Le Prof,what have you done?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 10, 2009
We lost 3-1 to Man U on tue, got spanked 4-1 by chelsea on sun . . . about to get another whooping from Man U again . . .

Debo this are not just meaningless games to be honest. they are a test of our strength as a team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:59pm On May 10, 2009
Cristalz:

Debo, quit viewing through the pain. grin There was no contact.
No pain whatsoever in this game - the loss is a good thing, no illusions whatsoever and no rubbish yarns by AW claiming we beat Chelski home and away and are thus not 'that bad'. In fact we MUST lose against Utd so there's no excuse left for him.

Heaviest home defeat at the Emirates - suck on that Wenger. Come on tomorrow and talk about no changes needed.

davidylan:

I wanted us to come 5th and play in the UEFA cup so we can take our head out of the sand.
5th could be financially destructive - I want improvement not ruin of the club.

nateevs:

There's actually no problem choosing to be 4th . . except finishing in style, especially against your rivals makes a lot of sense. . . not losing 3-1 n the week and 4-1 at the weekend . . and then citing insignificance. . .

You think West Brom want to lose 4-1 even when it's certain they are going down?

You are clueless about Arsene and his mentality. This stupid 'finishing strong' last season made him close the 'gap' on Utd to 4 points (gap was much larger when Utd actually won the title) and claim in his mind that we were not that far behind. Fastforward to this season and he harps on that as his excuse not to improve the squad.

These losses make sure that if he didn't get the message on Tuesday, he gets it now and will have no such compensatory nonsense to talk about.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4Play(m): 6:00pm On May 10, 2009
nateevs:

All that is a red herring. Before the game, it was described as one Arsenal must win. By the time Kolo Toure had scored into his own net, it metamorphosed into a meaningless game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 10, 2009
debosky:

5th could be financially destructive - I want improvement not ruin of the club.

If not that Aston villa self destructed, that's all we deserve to be honest.

We are 4th today not because we earned it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 6:01pm On May 10, 2009
debosky:

Game over.

Ibime, nateevs, 4play, don't you guys understand? He has lost all hope, all dreams, all illusions. He has become a stark realist, and he is right. It doesn't mean anything right now 'cos it's not going to happen. His team's too sucky to make it happen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:03pm On May 10, 2009
4 Play:

All that is a red herring. Before the game, it was described as one Arsenal must win. By the time Kolo Toure had scored into his own net, it metamorphosed into a meaningless game.

By whom? It would help if you took time to read posts instead of spouting senseless presumptions. It has never been a must win - the only must win was securing 4th. Anything further is a bonus.

davidylan:

If not that Aston villa self destructed, that's all we deserve to be honest.

We are 4th today not because we earned it.

Villa was not in the CL for 10 years and now drop out. We definitely earned 4th - Everton and Villa have not been better than us.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 6:03pm On May 10, 2009
Ready when you are, Debo. Direct your flock to the new thread so I can lock this one. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by babs787(m): 6:07pm On May 10, 2009
When now, take your time. Must you lock the thread, afterall Liverpool humiliated Manu weeks ago. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:07pm On May 10, 2009

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102)

Nairaland Fantasy Football League 2009/2010 / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.