Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Is This The Best Nairaland Story? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Is This The Best Nairaland Story? (1501 Views)

Let's See The Best Nairaland Comic Liar (only Liars Are Invited) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by yahoocrawler: 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
I stood there with over ninety nine thoughts jusstling for attention in my mind. I quietly said “Allahu Akbar” after starting with the Iqama. I was fortunate to wake up early today. Ramadan fasting is twenty seven tonight, the night dubbed as “the most gracious night”. Far greater than a thousand nights and the Chief Imam of the school mosque had assured us that whatsoever we asked this night will surely come to pass. And I really have a lot of things to ask Baba God. I have too many request to tender. For this reason I’d set my phone alarm at two a.m., far earlier than my usual time. I really need a one on one chat with God. I did wake up one a.m., an hour early. I quickly used that opportunity to plug my phone as PHCN served us a rare dose of electricity. I went out to get my keg and filled it with water. I quietly unlocked the door to the compound as I happen to be the only Muslim that reside in the compound and I didn’t want to alert my landlord less he starts screaming “who’s that? “. I took caution to walk out of the house. I performed the normal ablution then I walked back indoor, leaving the door ajar. I checked my Ramadan Solat table, the night is twenty-seventh and it entails a dozen rakat with Six salama. I look at my waist and the little rod in my pants. These two are the real cause of my present dilemma. The reason why I need to talk to father God before things finally fall apart. I mount my praying mat, said the Iqama and I followed it up with Suratu Fathia. The prayer book states that I have to follow the Fathia with ten Suratu Qodri. I was too lazy to do that so l lazily recite three. I was never a man that adhere strictly to manual. I perform the rukuh and I was already on Sujud. while kowtowing, the thoughts of Adiza flood my mind. That careless girl. Her carelessness is about to ruin my life. I just wish she had been more careful or I’d apply the necessary precautions. Adiza is a schoolmate of though we’re not in the same level. Adiza is in her sophomore year on campus. A young girl with big ambition. Mind you, she is not my girlfriend or maybe we can say there’s no official girl in my life. But among the usual suspects accused of being my girlfriend, Ady stands out intellectually and in terms of her exquisite beauty. Ady came from a relatively rich family, she’s the baby of the family and she also happened to be the only girl. Her dad is a car dealer based in Abuja while her mum works in an insurance company. She once told me she would have celebrated her sixteen birthday as an undergraduate if not for ASUU’s protracted strike. If there’s anything like sweet sixteen then Ady is Perfect sixteen. As a fresher, Adiza first bumped on me on campus while she was looking for the Library. As a gentleman, I took her there, gave her some tips about campus life while also helping her to register her library pass. We struck a friendship instantly. As heaven will destined it, Adiza also happen to belong to my department. This further deepen our friendship. I aautomatically assumed the role of her Campus tutor. As a not too social guy, I maintained a formal approach in all my friendship with the opposite sex. I don’t want to be too close to anyone. I’m officially single and I’m not ready to change the status quo. My mind quickly jogged back to present posture. I’ve spent almost two minutes just Sujuding. I quickly completed the second part then I stood up for the second rakat. “Allahu Akbar” The voice of Adiza is still clear in my head. She’d called me the previous night before I break my fasting to give me the shocking news. She can’t see her period and it’s now almost Four days late. I asked her how correct she think she was and maybe she have had it without remembering but inside me, I was dead scared. Ady is a lady bless with good memory and she rarely joke. In fact I can’t remember her cracking any jokes since we started our friendship. I know why i’m scared. The last and only time I’d spend the night at Adiza’s place was a a impromptu event and many impromptu events also coincide or let’s say unplanned actions did happened that night. It rained. Heavy after we had watched Teen Wolf on Ady’s laptop. My mind jogged back. I was beginning to doubt the validity of my nafilat. I decided to read my verses out loud so as to knock any thoughts frequenting my mind. I quickly rushed the second rakat. I salama. I heaved a sigh of relief. I need a break to put my mind at ease. During Adiza’s call, she did also informed me that her mom is coming around to celebrate Salah with her. I could still remember she told me her mom keeps a copy of her menstrual period table at home. Her mom knows when she should be on her period and Ady have almost completed the whole Ramadan fasting uninterrupted by any menstrual flow. The thoughts of what my dad- “Old soldier” is going to do send frozen shivering down my spine. I picked up my phone, dial Ady’s number off hand. The phone rang twice. She picked it at my third attempt. “Hello dear”- she greeted from the other end. “Hello? How is it now? Have you seen it yet?”, I said, skipping the normal free night call ritual of prolong pleasantries spiced with carefully selected romantic dictions and other passion inducing
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by Drhenrysaint(m): 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by yahoocrawler: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by yahoocrawler: 1:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
More episodes coming...

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by DonSion(m): 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bros nawoo...you 4 complete the gist naaa..
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by yahoocrawler: 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
She giggled, unleashing that sweet laughter that sedates me whenever my anger mode activates. I tried sounding serious but the anger in me was refusing refueling. “You mean you don’t know what I’m saying. Haven’t you seen your monthly visitor yet”- I tried speaking in parable. “visitor bawo?! , Mum is not coming until Salah now..I’m not expecting any visitor now or are you sending someone to come pick me this morning “- Ady replied, trying to doose the already tensed atmosphere. This is one of what I love about Ady. A witty girl with romantic sense of humour. But I’m not in any mood for jokes. Our future is at stake here and she is still trying to hang us on the line. With her dad and all his Abuja connection, I’m staring at forever in Kirikiri maximum prison. Ever since this issue happened, I’ve graduated from being a normal person to becoming a seer, a doomed prophet . All I see is my head being guillotined. “Ady” I managed to utter with my trademark diplomatic voice. “Have you seen your monthly period? Ramadan is almost twenty-seven days and you’re still fasting. what do you think is wrong” “Ehn, Femi. I haven’t seen it yet oooo. The symptoms are there. I’m just expecting the blood to come. it’s a matter of time. Moreover, the normal days count would have been over by now. you need not worry” “I’m scared oooo. I’m scared to the bone. You know your mum is coming in three or four days time. What are we gonna do now” “You ehn! why are you eager to see blood sef? You are now deputizing for my mum abi. calculating my period. Moreover, my menses always come with this excruciating pain. I’d been glad to miss it for some days” Ah! I felt like exploding in fear. Fear had gripped me so tight to it was milking sweats out of my body. My head was pounding and my eyes were getting blurry. I felt like the globe was rolling anti- clockwise on my back. I could see Old soldier’s face, smiling at the suffering I’ll face when all this secret come to light. “You know the implication of this ” I asked, trying to feign a manliness that was long buried in my trembling voice. I cleared my voice and decided to speak in slow tempo. “Yes now. what else could it mean than I am pregnant and you are the lucky guy or would you deny me?”- Ady replied childishly. My head was now really pounding. I felt like Ady just hanged me with an abortion belt and she is determined to see me take a free ride smoothly to hell. “Ady baby! You are mere sixteen and you are looking forward to becoming Mrs Tunde. Isn’t it too early ” I asked, trying to press her moral button. “Scholar Femi! upon everything you know, You’re still acting like you don’t know how much I love you and how I wish eternity could come and glue us together, forever ” she said, ending her statements with her usual loud smile. I’m puzzled. I can’t understand this girl anymore. I’m barely twenty and you are talking of eternity. I’d spent half of those years catering for my aged grandmother before JAMB finally liberated me from the bondage. Yeah, I love you. Loving someone doesn’t mean you’re planning to spend eternity loving them. We all need a break. Moreover I’m too young to start seeking for Miss Right now. I still have two years to go. Two new session with new chicks with succubus faces. “What of Shola? What will she say? ” I raised another question, trying to remind her that a month ago, I was dating her best friend. Trying to trigger the reality button in her cupid-arrow-pieced heart. “Don’t you think this will be too complex? How will we explain this now? How will I explain us to those friends I lied to that you’re my niece? Are you trying to destroy us? “ For the record, Shola is my Ex and Ady’s best friend. A stubborn lazy girl. All she cares about was delegating her assignments and school work to me. We were hooked up by this same Adiza. A month ago she was begging me to recind my stance of breaking up with Shola, telling me how the future look too bright if only I can take a second look. How swift time change. “Now you are bringing the past into this. Now you care about how Shola feel. You fucking don’t mind to ask what I’m going through here. You think I’m the one who’s supposed to act strong. I never told you I’m pregnant, all I said was, I haven’t seen my period yet. Does that necessarily mean I’m pregnant. You are there fidgeting like a cow sentenced to an hour in the cleaner” Ady ranted . “Moreover I wasn’t the one that invited you to party. I didn’t served you those Whisky. I didn’t locked you outta your house and I shouldn’t be the one bearing the brunt of the blame game now. it’s my period, it’s not a Gulder ultimate search. I’ll find a way out of this myself. Stay outta my ear” Ady finally hanged the call. I stood there puzzled. I was still holding the phone to my ear hoping I had say something when Addy was expressing herself out of frustration. She’d spoke so fast to the extent that her voice got stuck in my head, constantly replaying. That’s the first time she’s doing that. I guess she must be really pissed off by my childishness. I felt bad myself. Methink this is the first time Ady have spoken for long uninterrupted by her favorite quote “Am I correct?” I know I’m annoying but I never thought I’d climax into this super annoying status. I guess Ady is damned sure she’s right. I just behave like an asshole. I stared at the wall clock. Two a.m. I need to complete my nafilat before 3am so that I can have enough time to eat my breakfast. I tried reading the prayer book but the new twist in my pregnant saga was robbing me of the slightest grain of concentration. I need to apologize to Ady. This is a time we can’t afford any misunderstanding. I decided to text her, maybe that will dooze her anger. I checked my call credit. 102 naira. if I call her now, I won’t be able to continue our free night call. I concluded to risk it. if I don’t apologize now, they might be nothing to return to discuss later. I have to conjure an impressive text that will inspire her to call me back. After about ten minutes of mental exercise, I finally send her a message. Hoping it’s impressive enough to placate Ady’s temper. Twenty minutes later, she didn’t call me. I wonder what is happening. what is wrong with this girl? I finally decided to call her. let me sacrifice my remaining 97 naira to resolve this issue. I dialed her number and she picked. I heard a weakened voice from the other end, “Hello Femi, I can’t find my inhaler “- her voice fades out. “Hello, hello! “- I screamed into my phone mouth piece, trying to figure out the situation on ground. I guess Ady is having an asthma attack. Look at what I’ve caused. I’m about to have someone’s blood on my neck and I don’t have any of her housemates’ number. I checked my wallet, I still have her spare key. I stared at my phone, it’s 2:30. Ady’s hostel is 20 minutes walk from my lodge. Time to act the hero. but I’m no hero. I could still remember vividly tales, myth and warning given to us in our sophomore year about fierce looking vigilante that protect the all female hostel that Ady reside. I stood up, belt my trousers and head for the corridor with my phone and wallet clasp in one hand. I’m sneaking out. And I better not let my landlord know. I tried opening the main door but it was making a squeaky sound that I feared would soon arose my landlord. I tried squeezing my body into the little space but I still couldn’t pass through. It was like a camel trying to pass through the eye of a niddle. I decided to open it wider. it gave out a loud squeak that was reciprocated by another loud masculine voice from the corridor. “Tani yen?! Who is that? “ My brain froze. My heartbeat rose like the volume of an LG woofer while my mind haggle with my mouth on the next tenable lie I could utter.
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by yahoocrawler: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
Sorry guys for late delivery but i need good comments to update the novel frequently.
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by coolsegun2002: 3:00am On Jul 27, 2015
I usually get bored reading anything more Dan 5 lines on nairaland unless it's from royver(very good writer in literature section) I tot it was a joke since its in d joke section so I read on....but I'm hooked...pls update...
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by yahoocrawler: 6:19am On Jul 27, 2015
coolsegun2002:
I usually get bored reading anything more Dan 5 lines on nairaland unless it's from royver(very good writer in literature section) I tot it was a joke since its in d joke section so I read on....but I'm hooked...pls update...
thanks for the comments
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by yahoocrawler: 6:20am On Jul 27, 2015
I stood there trying to shuffle through my lies directory in order to perfect the right lie for this unplanned appearance of my landlord. “I said who is that? “- the voice shouted, accompanied by a flip-flop sound of approaching slippers. I cleared my throat, “It’s me sir” “What are you doing outside, it’s not 4a.m yet” “Yes sir”, trying to stare at my watch-less wrist in order to escape the questioning look of my landlord. “I woke up early sir. So I decided to wrap up everything. I might be unlucky to… to sleep off so I decided to start the,… the.. “ “Start what? “- my landlord further interrogate, flashing his torch light on my terrified face. “How does that translates to you opening the main gate. why the main gate? What are you planning to do outside? “Ehn!” -I ran a finger through my hair. I try calming my voice while I re-position my stance. “Concerning that, I was washing my hands when my room keys attached to my wallet dropped off the window. If it’s the keys alone I wouldn’t have any reason to open the gate”- I lied. My landlord gave me a more discerning questioning look. Then he gave me a knod to open the gate while he flashed his torch to brighten my path. I walked to the window. Take a look at my landlord then pick a big stone then I dropped it in my pocket. I guess Ady is destined to die tonight. I walked back into the compound. My landlord stayed back to lock the door. I quietly trace my step back into my room. “Thank you sir”- I try muttering before shutting myself in my darkness governed room. I felt like a Zombie. My brain seems drained of ideas. Am I just gonna let Ady die like that. Oh my God. My trousers felt saggy, I remember the big flat stone I picked outside couple of minutes ago. I laughed at my ingenious acting skills. I picked the stone out of my pocket, wondering what to do with it. I opened my window. Yeah, concerning my window, my room has a window with no burglary irons nor window panes. Yeah, I’m truly a genius. I picked my phone, knot my charger around my neck like a talisman. I picked my cherished android phone and my ever useful Nokia 108. I was wondering how I’m going to enter my room after leaving through the window. I unlocked the door then place my CD player behind the door. That should stop it. I opened the window, hop down from the window and a silent thud follows. I shut the window and it made a loud bang. “Tani yen for Christ sake “ That’s my landlord again. He’s definitely not gonna see me like this. I laughed while I made my way jogging through the moonlit darkness. I’m going to Ady’s lodge. I’m gonna be the hero. I can remember Mum telling me when I was younger, girls love their hero. They call them “charming knight”.I’m a charming knight jogging in the night to save my love. I gear up, jogging faster like I’m running an Olympic race. I’ve been to Ady’s place before but definitely not around this time. I can still remember my first day at her hostel lodge. Her flat was palatial. She used to tell me she’s from a middle-class family. i guess I have to redefine my family description, if living in a flat with a twenty four inch flat screen TV, a refrigerator and a screen- touch laptop is her definition of middle- class, Omo I guess I’m from the peasant class. There’s no doubt, I’m scholar Femi, the guy blessed with approximately two Thousand terabyte of unused brain space. I can technically remember anything. Jargons and everything. I remember she was bathing that day I’d visit, Ady had rushed down with soapy foams on her laps and face while she used her towel to cover the rest. I hate having to guess. Curiosity is the gas that fuel my scholarship. since she had soap in her eyes and she was only able to open the door by divine intervention. I led her back to her bathroom, rinse her face then left her to finish whatsoever she was doing. Ady’s flat is very decent, How I wish Old Soldier can upgrade my status this high. I’d made myself comfortable, rehearsing Africa History subconsciously. Ady came into the sitting room, pleaded for keeping me waiting. she asked what I would like to take and I said anything. Yeah, the only word you can say when you are being asked by a beautiful lady cloth in a translucent towel is “anything or nothing “. She brought a bottle of Fayrouz pear drink out of the refrigerator and a clean glass cup. I constantly stare at the soft drink like a gentleman waiting for a reminder that the soft drink is meant for me , I don’t want to embarrass myself by opening the bottle cork will my teeth. I guess she read my mind, brought an opener then open the drink herself. I was really enjoying the VIP treatment. Ady was very comfortable with me not minding the fact that her towel was semi- soaked, after all I’m an Alfa, I’m Alfa Femi. Her one and only crush. She quickly zoom off to dress in her room. She said 5 minutes. I remember mum saying when a lady says five minutes, then you have to grab a pillow and take a two hour nap. I miss mom and here is Ady making me feel like I’m home again. I was secretly sipping my served drink when I unknowingly faced the flat’s room. I couldn’t find Ady but I could see everything going on in the room. The mirror was reporting everything in a live coverage. I can see all the reflection, it was like watching Nicky Minaj on MTV, everything was so clear. She already put on a pink pants. I don’t know why girls like pink. I find it hard to believe. I could see other things. My eyes felt like popping out of my skull as the gate of my mouth open wide to have a taste of the leftovers my eyes couldn’t capture. I didn’t bother much about her face. I’d seen that everyday in school. I fixated my gaze on her chest, I could see those grape-like erected breast. The thought of those fresh fruits in my hands, one in my palm and the other in my mouth. I remember those days in primary school when I go to school with water bottle. I’m gonna suck her like a water bottle. I was there. Reverring in my fatasy. Something was beginning to grow in my trousers. I guess this is getting uncontrollable. it’s African History. We are treating African History. The topic is African Leaders. And it was Uthman Dan Fodio that led the Algerian war of Independence against the forces of Adolph Hitler in 1992 during the beginning of the cold war and this led to the break up of Sudan and the death of Muanmar Ghadaffi and the election of Patience Jonathan as the first elected female president of Liberia. Chai. What am I thinking. Ady have formatted my brain system. My memory needs anti virus against this kind of viral thoughts. “Stop there! Stop there before I blow your head off” a roaring voice commanded and my brain quickly re-programmed itself. I was close to Ady’s house and this must be the infamous night-watchmen, the dreaded Vigilantes. I halted, trying to compose myself while also struggling to control my now sporadic heavy breathing. There are three of them, two were my age-mates while the third looked more like their uncle. They also wielded “Shaka- bula”, a locally made dane gun that’s capable of firing one shot. The eldest was wielding two Shaka-bula while the others had lengthy koboko or horsewhips wrapped around their waist. Different Charms, black and red, and other rainbow - like charms. I know my running into this legalize riffraffs is big trouble and my macho-look will not help matter. I was wearing a sleeveless weaved top with a black cap and a black denim trousers. I looked just too thiefy and street like. My sleeve-less top was revealing my muscles. I look macho. Ramadan have also made me develop a temporary six packs in my tummy. Hunger is not something good. I looked like the perfect material to play the role of any law breaker. “Good morning sir”- I tried gaining ground with my feigned British accents while also defending myself diplomatically while I try not to display any grain of fear. “Morning thief” replied the youngest, “no matter where you’re coming from or what you have stolen, I’m glad to let you know this is your bus stop. You will be cleanse of the stealing that plague your lineage today” “Today thief even get manna, E be like say today na im first operation and I promise it’s goring to be the last” said the Eldest in a pigin laden statement. “Where are you coming from and what have you stolen” About ninety lies juggle in my mind. All I have to do is pick the perfect one to save me from this current predicament. “Daddy, I think he’s holding a gun and he has a juju around his neck “- one of the boys said to the eldest. I guess it’s a family business. A father and two sons policing the ladies zone. “Sir, I’m coming from a Laila tul Qodri. I’m just coming from a lecture sir “ “You are coming from a lecture and you are dressed like this “ “Daddy, I think he might be one of those Boko Haram “- said tthe youngest. “Boko kini”.. I think this boy must be mad. “I don’t know why this man pikin no get better idea for head”- I thought in pigin. “Where’s your tesbir? “-asked the experienced father “ehnnnn “ “who preached at the lecture “- another asked Before I could utter anything in defence ,a sounding slap landed on my rough cheek, smothering every pimples left on my face. My eyes went blurry. I could see stars and the nine planets hovering round my head. Tears build up in my eyes. I tried maintaining that manly look. my eyes were spinning. The palm that slapped me must have been greased with diluted cement because the weight and the effects was so itchy and painful. “Kneel down there” I comply immediately. I don’t want to receive more slaps. The macho-man dissapear immediately. “Drop everything you have stolen” i obeyed. I just kept obeying the instructions not minding who is barking them. I assume everything on me is stolen. I dropped everything, including my talismanic charger and the stone in my pocket. The eldest son picked my Android phone. he was unable to unlock it. “Okay, if this is your phone, oya unlock it “ Finally, a chance to save myself. I collected my phone, draw the first pattern. it echoed “pattern error”. I drew another and the effect was the same. I heaved a sigh. I guess I have underestimated the effects of that slap on my brain. I took my time. I tried staring at the phone screen. My eyes were really blurry, I felt like I’m seeing spiralling visions. I said a little prayer. Draw another pattern. “Attempt again in the next five minutes” Another resounding slap landed on my face. “I told you dad, he’s a thief “ I could hear inaudible sirens blowing in my ears. Am I dead? I’m really dead. I laid flat on the floor. The vigilante close up on me and pointed their Shaka-bula at me in a more “self assured and ready to kill” manner. “Who are you and where are you coming from “- the voices roar and echo in my ears while I lay motionless on the floor. The voice in my head whispered “Ady, we’re dying together tonight”.
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by coolsegun2002: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
U gotta move this to d literature section...dis is dope...im feeling u big time...
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 28, 2015
OP, nah Chineke go bless you for this story. So sweet.
Re: Is This The Best Nairaland Story? by estijaz(f): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
hmmmmm,Op u nor try ooo,d site u gave doesn't contain d story,plz n plz,continue d good work u av started

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Set Of Perfect Timing Pics And Perfect Angle / Lol...! Self Busting!! Laugh Along If You Dig This Pix!! / When Mammy Water Wants Your Car As Her Private Car (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.