Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience (6795 Views)

BREAKING: Lagos Govt Demolishes Shops Near Ikeja Computer Village / Nigeria Oil Output Near 1.8 Mln Bpd, Set To Sign Debt Deal -oil Min / Online Biz In Nigeria: Does It Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
Good day to you all my lovely Nairaland family. I believe the purpose of Nairaland is for the good of all and never to promote evil vices but I must say, that as virtually all things that have a positive angle to it, likewise there are some negative angles also as some evil people will also try as much as possible to exploit it for their ill purposes.
I have been very skeptical about sharing this my near death experience all day trying to consider the effect on my reputation as a person and for my business as a whole but I came to a conclusion that my sharing this might help save a life from distress, agony, risk and financial loss I did pass through.
I do use social networks to promote my business and this was exactly what I did on Nairaland some weeks back and I guess some of you might have come across it at some points. Am into building construction, structural and architectural designs and other sub works attached to it and thats whats my advert says which Is attached below because I wont let anything/anyone hinder my success. Now to where it all began, I did receive a call from a man claiming to be Engr. David Chukwuma that he works with NNPC at Warri and that he saw my advert via Nairaland and that he has a work which he will love me to get done for him at Owerri in Imo state. He said he wanted to erect a 5 bedroom duplex and that he requires my services. Wow I was excited, thinking that will be good money for my and it will add to my list of successfull projects and you know being an oil worker he has the money to pay and all. He asked me to send pictures of projects I have done and I did send him lots of pictures. All along we were communicating via email and phone call he was a sweet talker saying he loved my works and he was definitely going to work with him.
We then agreed for me to come down to Owerri to see the site and we get to discuss in person and mobilize to site. We fixed a date and I travelled to Owerri on the said date. All along I was quite scared because this was someone I met online, but I did some research in my own little way using the email he gave me and all but all came out clean but I was still scared bearing in mind the case of a job seeker tricked down to Ogun state something back and killed among others. He said I would lodge at his brothers house when I get to Owerri cos he will be on duty at Warri on the said date but that he has made provisions for my accommodation and other logistics with his brother so am good. As things will work out on the said date, I did leave Lagis quite late and got to Owerri around 8pm all along he was calling me seriously that his brother was waiting for me and all I just said they should calm down and all, to add to it he said I had to lodge at his brothers place so we could leave for the site early the next day being Saturday and there would be sanitation by 7am so we could get to site before 7am. On getting to Owerri, I was not comfortable in the spirit atall so I decided I was going to lodge myself in an hotel cos as you know on nights like that, the night is usually long and scary. So I checked out hotels In Owerri too expensive I must say even more than Lagos and I checked the cash on me I decided that maybe I better go sleep in his brothers house and save some money. Just then I remembered a colleague from school, I called him up and he said I should not worry that he will handle my lodging and he did lodge me in a 5 star hotel felt so happy (Engr BJ thanks).
That night he was so angry that he already made provisions for me that I did not have to go lodge in another place I just calmed him down atleast its me paying the money I did not collect a dime from him even my transportation alk sponsored by myself. The next morning I called him but to my greatest surprise he was answering me in a moody way, I told him we should go check the site out before 7 as agreed then he bagan giving excuses, he is busy, he has left for work and all. He pressured him so much and all making him understand I dont know Owerri and all and that come what may I am leaving for Lagos that very day. After several attempts, he sent me a text to come meet him at somewhere, I then contacted my friend who already left town for I fo on the location and he told me it was on the outskirts of Owerri ( UMUORI TOWN). I told him I could not come there cause I could not find my way and all. After several hours of arguments, we decided to meet at Wethedral by MCC junction. He took several minutes before he came I believe he had seen me and was trying to see if I was alone and all. Let me say this, before I left the house that day I prayed to God to be with me and deliver me from all eveil after which I anointed my head with oil and God took control. When he finally saw me, when our eyes met eyeball to eyeball he was obviously shaking and sweating I was just observing. We boarded a keke to take us to the Umuori town and whike in the keke I took out my phone did as if I was taking my pics while I was trying to take his pics he noticed so he was avoiding it by all means. All along he was shaking I just kept my cool but was very alert. After driving for like 15minutes, and on a lonely part of the road he just suddenly told the keke man to stop and to my greatest surprise he started running, I did not understand what was happening until he was running and saying " you think you can catch me abi, you wont ".. I just stood still this guy was running seriously and I noticed he did signal some guys at that point I came to understand the reality on ground. I quickly picked my baggage and jumped on the keke and raced out of there. The keke man was now telling me that they most probably ritualist and all it then dawned on me the whole scenario. Their plan was to carry out the task at night while I slept but I was miraculously saved. All thanks to God.
Am sharing this so we could all learn a lesson or two and get others to be cautious of online and even some physical contacts. God will guide and protect us at all times Amen.
His email was - davidchukwuma49@yahoo.com
His nos - 08143060729, 08154806413

62 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Loyalblak007(f): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
undecided
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by jadepinkett(f): 7:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
hmmmm. wonders... they say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by TRADELYN: 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
What a great testimony.
Lessons to take away:
1. You acted too cheap/hungry (he should have paid for your trip upfront).
2. You did not make the deal official (never rely on phone calls only). Use e-mails to reach an agreement and request for his valid ID card/ Social media IDs. Any serious person would be willing to share little information with you to build trust.

I remember a prospect contacted us last February for a research training in the East. He was advised to pay at least 70% of the agreed cost before sending a staff to him.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by kelvine(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
Wow,thank God for your life.
So happy you have a sharp spirit that listens.
Responsible authorities,please do something about the number posted.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by meimoks(f): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
shocked Thank God you didn't fall for the awoof accommodation,thank God your friend is in owerri

5 Likes

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by espn(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thank your GOD.. report this to th appropriate security agency. You are lucky. Any other person might not be.
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by powerfulsettingz: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
Pls someone should summarize the write up me
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by ab1x: 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
From my findings on truecallers; the number shows his name as Patrick
=================================================

Name

Patrick

Phone number
0815 480 6413

Mobile

Address

Nigeria

Did you find what you were looking for?
Tell your friends:
==============================

May God continue to protect us all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by eduxerxes: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
Wow! Thank God for ur life bro...I say this: no one should ever honour IV from a fellow in another state (be it business or...) Without guidance from a trusted friend residing in that state. Many have gone in the hands of ritualists unreported. Pray and always pray!

3 Likes

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
GOD is faithful....

1 Like

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Omotayor123(f): 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
This one is strong.
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Gboliwe: 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
This is a big testimony! God be praised! Father receive all the glory! I am so happy for you you survived and able to tell this.

Joss negodu undecided undecided undecided joss negodu how wicked human beings have become.

But bro, that's a huge risk you took sha, thank God for your intuition. If not, you would have been history.

8 Likes

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Gboliwe: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Harry01, look what I found on google https://www.nairaland.com/2477207/experience-owerri-client

Mr Seun, you should see this.
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Idowuogbo(f): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ewo! shocked shocked

Brother,your redeemer liveth ee!!! OMG!!!

Cc Ishilove

2 Likes

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
Another lesson learnt

1 Like

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
K
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by thelastmediator: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thank God for your life. We live to learn.

1 Like

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Sanchez01: 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
Really glad you came out of the whole thing unscathed. You need to be cautious on how you set up meetings with people off of Nairaland and other social media (the same should go to everyone). There are too many sweet talkers on Nairaland who would promise the skies just because they need your services. They're so many.

This is perhaps the reason OLX keep announcing that you should meet people in open places. Really glad that you're safe and sound.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove

6 Likes

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Gherrokid(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thank God for your life bro. May God not let us fall into the hands of the evil ones in d quest for our daily bread.

2 Likes

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by yetseyi(f): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
It is well oo and to think a lot of nairalanders have had a bad experience with this same person.

Everyday is for the thief

1 Like

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by ebamma(m): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by okooloyun1(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
This is serious
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by aieromon(m): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thanks for sharing. This same Umuori town shocked

So Na Owerri dey reign now for these kidnappers? angry

1 Like

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by masquellett(m): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hmmm, this one strong no be small. Na God save u. Ur head for don land inside Afang soup by now. grin

1 Like

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Gboliwe: 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
aieromon:
Thanks for sharing. This same Umuori town shocked

So Na Owerri dey reign now for these kidnappers? angry

Do you have an experience with the town?

1 Like

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
TRADELYN:
What a great testimony.
Lessons to take away:
1. You acted too cheap/hungry (he should have paid for your trip upfront).
2. You did not make the deal official (never rely on phone calls only). Use e-mails to reach an agreement and request for his valid ID card/ Social media IDs. Any serious person would be willing to share little informarion with you to build trust.

I remember a prospect contacted us last February for research training in the East. He was advised to pay at least 70% of the agreed cost before sending a staff to him.

Thanks for your take on the issue, but I disagree with you on certain things. Yes I could have told him to pay upfront but that does not shield me from the impending danger, it would have actually exposed me to it the more as I would have been loyal to him and wanted to do his bidding and subsequently go and sleep in his house to please him thereby allowing him to carry out his intents. Secondly we were communicating via email and I still have that on record and as I said I carried out my research and it brought out nothing but I was so anxious and did not ask for iD card and all. But all in all thanks your contribution has been noted and I hope others note it also.

22 Likes

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by ekanDamie: 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
Y
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by nikkygal(f): 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ishilove
Lalasticlala
Seun

I think this thread should be on the front page so people can be aware. Other guys on the property section have testified to be victims of this scam from the other link Gboliwe posted.

Please let everyone take heed.

2 Likes

Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by Ewuro4: 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
nikkygal:

I think this thread should be on the front page so people can be aware. Other guys on the property section have testified to be victims of this scam from the other link Gboliwe posted.

Please let everyone take heed.

Are you serious?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ritualists Exist - My Near Death Experience by kennynelcon(m): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
ego di n'ogwu. ( money lies in thorns I.e money is hard to earn )

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Info On Haulage Business / FG To Borrow N395bn Via Bonds / Explaining Islamic banking & Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.