Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Album Premiere: - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Album Premiere: (690 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Album Premiere: by Baudex(m): 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2009
Album premiere,lets start with 2 face-"UNSTOPPABLE"
with a little help from hiphopworldmagazine.com
click this link and see-
http://www.hiphopworldmagazine.com/reviews.php?id=0fb889fb32
Or Still read through.
2face Idibia
The Album: The Unstoppable
2 Face Idibia
Unstoppable
Hypertek Records
Quick question: How do you save a public image that is melting away faster than the ice caps at the North Pole? Answer: Ignore the naysayers and scandalous reporters (myself excluded, of course) and release an album to distract people from the fiasco that is your personal life.
It was silky smooth ballads like 'African Queen' that made ladies fall on top of (sorry, I meant 'fall for') 2 Face in the first place, so 2 Baba uses his trusted formula once again with potential hits 'Outside' and the Melissa Briggs assisted 'Can't Do Without You'. Speaking of assistance, unlike his previous albums, Unstoppable uses a lot of it. Features range from the mildly entertaining 'See it coming' with Kenya's Wyre to that embarrassing collabo with R.Kelly. Wait a minute, did Tu Face just do a song with a man that nearly went to jail for paedophilia? How on earth is that going to benefit both of their quick-eroding images? While on the small issue of 'Flex', even though I doubt he got the requisite copyright, didn't newcomer Riz already release a similar sounding song? Hmmn,
When 2 Face decides to be entirely original, the results are pure magic! The French-laced 'Appreciate it' and the brilliant 'Free' are destined to be radio hits. He borrows a leaf from Afrobeat and produces a pure gem in 'I sing' but turns around and wastes a perfectly good song in 'Jungle Don Mature' by placing an uninspired verse from Rocksteady.
On the whole, Unstoppable sees 2 Face operate in cruise control. Over most of his rather generous 17 song album, 2 Face basically glides over pretty impressive beats but that's all he does, he just glides through. 2 Face is seemingly uninterested in pushing the creativity envelope any further. A 2Face album is supposed to be like a musical orgasm, Unstoppable is more like a very deep French kiss. Forgive the lewd analogy, but it is Mr. Idibia we're talking about here, right?
Mic Check
Re: Album Premiere: by Baudex(m): 8:07am On Apr 01, 2009
So post ur comments
Re: Album Premiere: by ofokasibe: 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2009
baudex fool do u have to open 2 topics for this ? punk

(1) (Reply)

Mehtodman Vs Ludacris / Re: Heroine~poppet Has Release Another Track/ Title Bitch Allow Me To Rule / [music] Isaac Boro – “sweet Mother”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.