Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? (956 Views)

Linda Ikeji Presents Her First Book "It Takes You" Today / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. / What Was The Last Book You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by dgreatrock(m): 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2009
Can you remeber the first book you read? what is the title? please share the experience with us.
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by tpia: 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2009
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by Pepeye(f): 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2009
Lady birds
The Famous Five- Enid Blyton series
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by nich(m): 2:46am On Mar 18, 2009
@ poster,

u didnt share urs

@ topic,
probably not, but i think i remember a certain 'EZE GOES TO SCHOOL'

'twas cool
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by kay9(m): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2009
Yup, i remember mine. "The Boy Doctor"; cant remember the author though. Read it when i was like seven or eight. Twas bout a boy in a village, pop was a king or some high muck-a-muck; then the local seer declared that the boy'd be a doctor. Pronto the kid is shipped out to a great witch-doctor hundreds of miles away to begin his apprentice. Not sure any more but it seems the pop and family were sorta sad to see him go, but hey what could they do? Okay, so the kid gets to witch-doctor company, and starts his lessons. He's pretty fast and smart, but problem's that his master has doubts about if he is really meant to be a witch-doctor. Then the kid starts missing home and all; coupla days later, he runs away into the forest (can still remember that funny picture of him sitting on a tree and eating wild fruits smiley ) Anyway, later on he stumbles into a village where there is a western-trained doctor, he uses his apprentice skills to assist the fella into setting bones and stuff. Hmm. I think he later became a doctor; cant quite remember if he went back to his village or not. smiley
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by dgreatrock(m): 11:44am On Mar 19, 2009
nich:

@ poster,

u didnt share urs

@ topic,
probably not, but i think i remember a certain 'EZE GOES TO SCHOOL'

'twas cool

Ummmmmmmmm, thanks for drawing my attention to this. It was what made me introduce this topic.

i have had difficulties in telling which is the first. But i know it must be between 'Jack And the Beans, ,' and 'the Incorruptible Judge.'
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 19, 2009
Cinderella -LadyBird.
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2009
i started reading almost before i could talk(figure of speech of course), thanks to my overzealous mum. i think my first series was grimm fairy tales ( the brave little tailor, rumpeltstilskin,snow white, e.t.c) but my first big book was williard price's 'elephant adventure' in primary 3. its about 250 pages.
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by dgreatrock(m): 9:46am On Mar 20, 2009
if not for my aunt, elsie, i would not have known and or enjoyed reading.
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by jeythunder(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2009
the first book i read in k.g was how to kill a spy under 24 hours grin grin grin grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by yme1(f): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2009
cant remember
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by dgreatrock(m): 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
yuo mean d money 4 ur education s a waste?
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by suprted(m): 4:59am On Apr 02, 2009
it was some puffin or penguin children's book about moles and porcupines im sure.

but the first book i actually remember reading out loud was something with donald duck inside. i remember i could read but because i was quiet and a little slow in writing (i was left handed and it was awkward when you watched the teacher do it) they thought i was mentally challenged or something. the teacher saw me reading it silently and accused me of reading the pictures.

i looked up at her and read what i was reading on the page perfectly. oh that i could see the look on her face again.
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by dgreatrock(m): 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2009
i also remembered reading the incorruptible judge
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by Pepeye(f): 6:58am On Apr 18, 2009
The naughtiest girl is a monitor

First day at Mallory towers

Enid Blyton series
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by Ifez: 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2009
Enid Blyton series. And before that, 'The Queens Premier.'

A cat,
A fat cat,
A fat cat sat,
A fat cat sat on a mat. tongue
Re: Can You Remeber The First Book You Read? by Ifez: 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2009
Who remembers:
No school for Eze, No supper for Eze, and Only bread for Eze?? Lol!

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Thread! / Judgement / Farewell American Rose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.