Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Should I Withdraw My Guarantee? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Withdraw My Guarantee? (627 Views)

Bad Office Habits That Will Guarantee Getting You FIRED! / SERAP To CBN: Withdraw Corrupt Recruitment Or We Will Sue. / 17k Charges Per Withdraw In Canada. Who Is Experiencing This Reckless Upgrade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Withdraw My Guarantee? by bellville: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
I was in church on a particular Sunday when the Pastor preached that we should be our brother's keeper. He specifically challenged us that we should try to help the unemployed in our midst if there are vacancies in our work places. Coincidentally, there was an opening for an IT maintenance officer in my workplace. While the sermon was going on, I quickly scribbled the vacancy details on a sheet of paper and it was announced on the pulpit.

Shortly after, a cv came from the church with a follow up call from the church career committee. Coincidentally again, I was appointed as a member of the recruitment panel that was going to interview the applicants. There were about four applicants at the interview and they all performed considerably well. To cut the long story short, my church guy got the job eventually and my boss was particularly pleased to know I recommended him.

At first, he complained about the salary which was about 45k. I explained that that was what the organization paid all ND holders (it was an ND position) and that there would be slight increase at every promotion.

About 6 months into the job, he told me in confidence that he is about getting a contract job with a bank and that I should be his guarantor. I signed the guarantor form. To my surprise, he resigned from my office without giving the required notice or salary in lieu.

I have just been informed that he is owing a number of people in the office including our cooperative society. He has stopped picking calls. My organisation is about setting the administrative process in motion to recover the debts. I have reported him to one of the pastors.

I'm seriously considering withdrawing the guarantee. I'm afraid he could do something worse in his current job. On the other hand, he could be sacked if i write his new employers and may not be able to settle all the debts he is owing. Should I withdraw the guarantee?

I'm sorry for writing this long. Advise me.
Re: Should I Withdraw My Guarantee? by XuteSleeks(m): 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
Withdraw it. As a guarantor you will be made to pay whatever obligations he incurs. A fraudulent person will capitalize on that. If he's done it before he can do it again. #My opinion#

1 Like

Re: Should I Withdraw My Guarantee? by BRIGHTTAZ: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
Meet him face to face and talk to him before any other action.
Re: Should I Withdraw My Guarantee? by Ihinmi(m): 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2015
I think you should disscus this with your church career committee

(1) (Reply)

Annuity Good Plan For Retirees / Fresh Recruitment At Casa Feranza / NDA Post Graduate Form 2015/2016 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.