|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,085,330 members, 7,601,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 October 2023 at 09:57 PM
|Course Review - Msc. Global Energy Management + Industry Exposure by gilgee(m): 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2015|
I need your honest opinion on the viability and relevance of this masters program :
Title - Msc Global Energy Management
Institution: university of Strathclyde
School: Srathclyde Business School
The program is highly selective of applicants.
1. A 12 month, taught, professionally oriented, postgraduate MSc that powerfully combines rigorous analytical skills with real world content and practical experience required to manage the complex energy realities of the 21st century
2. Uniquely focused on the global energy system, in all its sectors (conventional, non-conventional and renewable) and related fields
3. A wide range of flexible class options allows students to pursue individual interests in a variety of disciplines
4. Developed with the support and input from a range of leading energy-related professionals in government and business
5. Leading international energy experts in business, government and other organisations providing practical insights and inside knowledge via the Global Energy Forum, a series of interactive seminars throughout the programme
6. A dynamic and interactive learning environment composed of an international student body
7. Highly committed and enthusiastic staff distinguished by their internationally-recognised research in energy and environmental-related fields and high-profile knowledge exchange activities with government and the energy industry
8. Offers excellent opportunities to network with international energy specialists from a range of organisations
The degree is designed around five core taught classes. Students will also complete a summer project and attend forums delivered throughout the year. The Global Energy Forum is delivered by leading outside experts in energy-related fields.
Core classes (90 credits):
EC931 Global Energy Policy, Politics, Business Structures and Finance (20 credits)
EC932 Global Energy Forum (20 credits)
EC933 Global Energy Issues, Industries and Markets (20 credits)
EC934 Global Energy Technologies, Impacts and Implementation (20 credits)
EC928 Energy Economics (10 credits)
Optional Core Classes (10 credits):
EC916 Foundations of Microeconomics (10 credits) OR
EC917 Further Topics in Microeconomics (10 credits) OR
EC918 Macroeconomics of the Business Environment (10 credits) OR
EC919 Macroeconomics in a Global Business Environment (10 credits)
EC930 Summer Project (40 credits) (to Choose between research and industry expedience/internship)
Elective Classes (40 credits):
40 credits can be chosen from such other classes at the appropriate level as approveds by the course Director. Electives can include offerings from SBS, Engineering or HASS.
Program link: http://www.strath.ac.uk/economics/gem/
My interest covers the entire energy sector of the Nigerian economy (Power, Oil, Gas, Renewables & Alternative)
Your honest opinion and advice will be highly appreciated.
|Re: Course Review - Msc. Global Energy Management + Industry Exposure by gilgee(m): 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2015|
Energy experts and professionals please share your opinions and advice. I beg you Biko/ejo/please.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29