Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,873 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole (32603 Views)

"Why Past Governors, Ministers Stole So Much" - James Bawa Magaji / Jonathan’s Ministers, Aides Share 500 FG Houses / Jonathan Ministers Sold One Million Barrels Of Oil Per Day- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by georjay(m): 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, on Monday took a swipe at the Peoples Democratic Party government of former President Goodluck Jonathan, saying the party destroyed Nigeria.

Oshiomhole, who was a member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s delegation to the United States, expressed delight that Nigeria now has a President who talks with confidence unlike “a President that is blabbing and is not sure of what the issues are.”

The governor spoke with State House correspondents shortly after meeting Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said he had decided not to bother about anything the PDP says about the present administration because he did not expect the party to be praising a government that is doing better than it did while in charge.

He claimed that so bad was the situation under Jonathan that members of Buhari’s delegation were told in US how a minister under the President stole $6billion.

He said the PDP succeeded in supervising Nigeria’s liquidation.

He said, “The PDP destroyed the country. I mean from the lips of American officials; senior officials of the State Department said one minister under PDP cornered as much as $6billion.

“The man said even by Washington standard, that is earth-quaking.

“So, PDP is a party that presided over the liquidation of our nation, destroyed all our institutions, converted the Armed Forces commanders to use them as if they were political thugs, converted NTA to a party megaphone, destroyed the SSS, went after opposition as if we were rabbits to be pursued into our holes, compromised even student unions and destroyed everything that you can think of and elevated religion to a state affair.

“Under the party, Israel became a place you visit every week; they placed pastors against mallams, placed North against South, East against West just to retain power; elevate Obas and Obis with dollars.

“You guys were reporting dollars that were changing hands; when NNPC was spending much more money than is available to the Federation Account.

“We are a very patient people. If we were not a patient people, anybody wearing the tag of PDP ought to feel very unsafe because you are all victims – all of us here.”

Oshiomhole claimed that under the PDP, there was no law as the party members were law to themselves.

He claimed that Jonathan did not know what the issues were and everybody was frustrated.

He added, “Mr. Carson, who was the Assistant Secretary of State, when we visited him in company of Senator Saraki, then as chairman of the Governors’ Forum – that was at the eve of President Obama’s first visit to Africa – and we went to complain, ‘why is Nigeria not on the list?’

“What he said for me was quite instructive compared to what he said last week. Then I was present when he said ‘you know, we who see ourselves not just as friends of Nigeria, each time we think there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is time to encourage Nigeria to build on it, you would wake up the following day under President Jonathan to find out that even the tunnel had been removed.

“Those were the words of Mr. Carson. Now last week, this same Carson chaired the President’s address at the Institute of Peace and he said ‘we now have a man of enormous integrity; one that has shown so much faith in the democratic process; one that refused to be frustrated even in the face of massively rigged elections. He submitted to the judicial process and even when that was compromised he never gave up.

“‘America has done its check and we are convinced that this President is the one that Nigeria needs at this time to regain its leadership of the African continent.

“‘America now has a partner worthy of relations because they believe that every dollar that America provides to support Nigeria whether in the area of security, in the area of education, or encouraging American investors to invest in Nigeria, there is an enabling environment because what had been destroying the country is corruption.

Oshiomhole added that “If PDP doesn’t condemn it then they are no longer PDP. Don’t forget, people deceiving people has been a way of life for 16 years.”

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/us-officials-say-jonathans-minister-stole-6bn-oshiomhole/

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by georjay(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
FTC......introvert i never meant to hurt you.... kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by Orfankwagh(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
jonathief!!!!!!!

47 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by Demmocrats(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
That money is change compare to what my baba obj took
www.

17 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by bigiyaro(m): 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
we all know dat PDP r thievs, our main concern now, is gettin our money back.

44 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by Sandydayz(f): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
I'll say sumtin wen i read dis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
Symptoms of numerical diarhea!!!! Olodo Governor.

150 Likes 19 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by illmatic101(m): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2015
What about the APC Governors how much did they steal?

137 Likes 13 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by sammyj: 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
cool Oshemole should talk less and allow the law rates it's course. However, I guess the minister in question is Madam minister of petroleum alias Opolo eye or minister of finance alias madam puff puff!. Let the wailing wailers come and proof me wrong.  Shikena! !!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by illmatic101(m): 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
Orfankwagh:
jonathief!!!!!!!

I see! masturbation has become a way of life.

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by illmatic101(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
Orfankwagh:
jonathief!!!!!!!

I see! masturbation has become a way of life.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by eleojo23: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
Na wa oh! This APC people never get tired of calling GEJ.
They keep saying, Jonathan did this and that, PDP stole this and that as if they are any better.
PDP is not the only party that has been ruling all the states since 1999, so I guess the states that have been ruled by other parties (APC and Co) have witness significant progress over the years, right?
We all know the answer to that.

This attitude of pot calling kettle black is pure hypocrisy.
Oshiomole forgets that when you point one finger at someone else, the remaining four are pointing back to you.

How much money has he (Oshiomole) stolen?
We are not going to hear about that since he has appointed himself EFCC spokesman.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by Obaiyski(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
Oshoh and his talking this days..

3 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by gurunlocker: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
This Fugly man won't keep shut....... If work no dey edo to do, just STFU

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by kennyman2000(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
osho baba... Always ensuring okonji have sleepless nights until when our looted funds are released..

Let me get a chair and popcorn and sit on this page in expectance of okonji response 2moro.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.

6 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by miteolu(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
Osho Baba is now auditor.

One day we go free.

2 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by valandy99(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
talkative

6 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by laurel03(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Make buhari start arresting them now and be collecting our money back for us... Time don dey go... Voted u because we want you to fight corruption for us..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by texazzpete(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Rubbish.

This is not about going to press to make noise. if someone stole $6bn, why has that minister not been arrested?
Why not ask the US official how - with their much vaunted money laundering laws - someone was able to bring $6bn to the US without setting off their checks.

I'm a Buhari supporter, but APC needs to get down to the serious business of governance and leave this long talk.

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by raymondzack: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Now I no maturity is not rili the number of years u have spent

10 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by cold(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hmmm..this is the problem i have with midgets. Since they're hardly noticed they have to resort to other means to draw attention to themselves. So a single minister cornered 6 billion dollars huh. Why can't this minister be named? What is the administration doing to repatriate the funds? Mr Oshiomole,i'd strongly suggest you advice your co travellers to get down to brass tacks and quit the chit chat. So far,i'm not impressed.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by UnknownT: 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
the way APC is romancing US, they may end up leasing this country to US. Must it take US officials to calculate the amount GEJ stole? Everything is America since this new dispensation. Can't we achieve something on our own without depending on the US? This is not a good development I must confess

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by NifemiOlu(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
To Oshiomole, Jonathan's ministers be like...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by funkyfrevy(f): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
I believe

1 Like

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by RichDad1(m): 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
GEJ is a balkanizer. coolcool

4 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by vickylala239: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
The dish on my head will tell Me if this news is real!!!

Wait let Mi remove the dis to Anoda position

Okkk dish removed.

Signal 100%.

News real

2 Likes

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by genearts(m): 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
see finishing
Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by Ephemmm: 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
Thank God that drunkard has been sent back to Otueke: the man I voted for in 2011 with passion almost 'wind up' Nigeria. Though he is a gentleman in my opinion, but that man called Jonathan lacks charisma to govern Nigeria in the next four years: under him, anything goes....

He is in Otueke now where he is more useful: APC it is now your turn, prove yourself or be kicked out like a rolling ball.

A real Nigeria is coming out: a real Nigeria is breaking forth: the place where love, unity, joy and co-operation would reign and where everybody will live in harmony irrespective of tribe, dialect, religion and social status: a real Nigeria, that is whom I am.

Nigeria, my beloved country, you are blessed.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
If President Buhari doesn't recover a good percentage of the stolen funds as stated above..and/or send them to jail if found guily...then, I think Kowa Party can take over from them come 2019..Pdp is just too bad for us all..I prefer Kowa party to them..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Officials Say Jonathan's Ministers Stole $6bn -oshiomole by WukedP(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
Suffering from the great purge, numeric purging

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye’s NYSC Certificate Dates 9 July 2000 To July 8, 2001 - Senate / IPOB Sit-At-Home In Anambra: Catholic Priest, Sales Rep, NDLEA Operatives Injure / Amaechi Is ‘clean And Spotless’, APC Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.