Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead (22721 Views)

First Lady Mrs Buhari Stuns With Her Daughters In New Photo / Henry Abebe, Brother Of Late Former First Lady Stella Obasanjo Is Dead!!! / When Stella Obasanjo Was Cutting The Independence Anniversary Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by pharrod(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2005
She died while under going operation in a Spanish Hospital.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by EzehM(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2005
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Seun(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2005

Obasanjo's wife dies in hospital
LAGOS, Nigeria (CNN) -- Stella Obasanjo, wife of Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo, died Sunday at a hospital in Spain, officials said. She had traveled to Spain to undergo surgery and died from complications resulting from that surgery, authorities said.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/10/23/obasanjo.obituary/index.html

Nigerian President's Wife Dies
Stella Obasanjo, the wife of Nigeria's President Olusegun Obasanjo, has died aged 60, her husband's office has said. She was in Spain for an operation and apparently died of complications. No information has been given about the reason for the medical procedure.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4368806.stm

Nigerian first lady dies after surgery in Spain
ABUJA, Oct 23 (Reuters) - The wife of Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo died on Sunday after undergoing surgery in Spain, the presidency said.
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L23309257.htm

Just like that, she's gone? sad
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by darlingbas(m): 11:15am On Oct 23, 2005
may her soul rest in peace, my condolence to the president
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by senato(m): 11:17am On Oct 23, 2005
A real pity, I was aware she has complicating cancer. Is that the cause of her death?
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2005
It's hard to believe but it's the truth.
I heard it on CNN and I was suprised.

I sympathise with Baba and family.
I sympathise with all meaningful Nigerians.
It's a loss to Baba, family and the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Adieu stella.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by layi(m): 11:34am On Oct 23, 2005
I heard it on CNN now.

This and another Bellview plane crash in kiishi town. 2 sad events in 1 day? shocked God help Us.

May Stella's soul rest in perfect peace.

Adieu Stella kiss
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Jakumo(m): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2005
Our thoughts and prayers go out to President Obasanjo on this tragic loss.  Baba was real close to Stella. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by EzehM(m): 11:42am On Oct 23, 2005
Double tragedy, Plane crash and the death of the President’s wife. I must say its very frustrating trying to stay on top of these stories. BEN TV currently has an AIT program (Tragedy of a Nation) with no sound. One simply has to rely on CNN for news.

More importantly, may her soul rest in peace. Just goes to show how short life is...
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 11:45am On Oct 23, 2005
It calls for our Prayers.

And this is also a lesson to us all.
One who was alive a minute ago may be taken unaware by death.
So it's good to be good.
Jesus has come for those ones and to us still living, let's remember our creator now!
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by adesodgi(m): 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2005
Greatpeter:

It calls for our Prayers.

And this is also a lesson to us all.
One who was alive a minute ago may be taken unaware by death.
So it's good to be good.
Jesus has come for those ones and to us still living, let's remember our creator now!

nice strong words from you pete,thats why i love u bin oline...
may her repose soul rest in perfect peace,and bring peace to nigeria...
i think she deserves a one minute silence starting from now..
adeu stella..
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by pkrix(m): 12:32pm On Oct 23, 2005
It's so hard to believe that our dearly beloved first lady is dead.

It's hard for to believe because I'd thought she would not die cos she was so good a person and that she had everything to treat illness but I was mistaken.

God, I thank you that my smallness notwithstanding, I'm alive. grin cry
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by rufaai(m): 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2005
cry May her soul rest in peace... The first lady of Nigeria...

No soul would last for ever... Someday we would join her... May this be a lesson to us and return to the right path of believe and worship... AMEN
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Latoya(f): 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2005
may her soul rest in peace, oh no this is so sad. cry cry cry.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by omon(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2005
I have been sad today, it is a black day for Nigerians.  My sympathy goes out for families of the plane crash victims and our dear OBJ. May this be a new reawakening for Nigerians to be good and upright at all times.  It should remind the govt that we need efficient medical facilities and personnel in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by senato(m): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2005
Nigeria, a great nation. God's own country suffering this kind of torture. I believe this world is already ending...HURRICANE KATRINA in New Orleans, USA. HURRICANE WILMA in Mexico-Cuba, Bellview plane crash in Naija, and the unforeseen...My President's wife (first lady). Who knows who and where is next? Abeg me I Still small o...
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by SirKay3(m): 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2005
Heard it on CNN this mroning too.

Adieu. I sympathise with the entire Obasanjo's family at this time of a great loss to them and the entire nation.

Baba, pls take heart God understands.

We all, as Greatpeter said, let's prepare to meet our Lord. It'ld surely come one day. Here we have no continuing city, we are all but pilgrims here on earth.

Let's all search our lives and return back to our MAKER in true and total repentance
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Seun(m): 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2005
We all, as Greatpeter said, let's prepare to meet our Lord.

I have a better idea: let us learn from our mistakes and be careful so that fewer lives will be lost in the same way in the future. That is better than doing nothing and calling on God to take us home.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by layi(m): 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2005
Thats true Seun. We should learn from mistakes but i wonder what mistakes the americans made that brought in katrina et all.
Methinks we all should be prepared for the life hereafter in case there is one.I know there is life after death though
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by nike4luv(f): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2005
May her Soul Rest In Perfect Peace

We Love You Stella But Jesus Loves You Most
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by SirKay3(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2005
There is life after death o. Baba just came into Lagos now as I learnt, he's on the way to Ota farm
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2005
Ojo a ba ku la n dere.

Adieu mama.

I remember the same death took away my loving mother. cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by obong(m): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2005
May her soul rest in peace. Ultimately thats something God can decide

What i would liek to see happen from this is more hospitals are built in nigeria and politicians dont have to leave the country to be treated. These services should likewise be transfered to the people
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Shadiat(f): 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2005
May GOD have mercy on the world...Cause i really dont know whats goin on..too many disater all in one yr..If its not Hurricane than its Earthquake...or Plane crash or somebody just dyin for surgery...We all i need to be steadfast in prayer..cause only GOD knows best oo..May all the soul of the departed rest in peace.... cry
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2005
Shadiat thanks a lot oo. cry cry
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by goodguy(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2005
This is indeed a black day for Nigeria; the death of the president's wife and the plane crash.

One thing that baffles me now is, upon all the wealth she has, she still died like any other human in this world; which simply shows that no one is too big to die.

May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by obinnaoji(m): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2005
i truly sympathize with obj. and all true nigerians. i beckon on ya'll 2 learn from our past mistakes and turn to God. God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by goggoji(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2005
Stella is dead and the nation mourns with Mr president. My earnest prayer is that all the tradegies of the past few hours (Stella and Bellview crash) will jolt the nation's conciousness and we will take Lesson on our collective failings as a nation that led to these and many more tragedies.... anyone listening? cry
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by hotangel2(f): 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2005
I heard it on CNN too. God this is sad. cry cry

And the Plane that crashed or wat it disappeared? Wow.... What operation was she doing again this time ehhh?
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by layi(m): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2005
She's been battling with cancer for long. I heard she died as a result of post-surgery complications.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by hotangel2(f): 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2005
I know i shouldn't be saying this... But when i heard the news, the first thing my mind said was "the living Ghost has finally become a dead ghost". Please don't bite me. May her Soul rest in Perfect peace.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2005
na wa oh
may her soul rest in perfect peace and may she see heaven
surgery dey fear me well well oh! na cancer?abi liposuction? abi knee job? or face surgery?
anyway the next person to be first lady would be celebrating now!
so all her money,clothes,land and make up are all gone? what a pity
about 35% of nigerians would be happy about her death o!
any way we need prayer,a plane crash too.....................chei
the arrow meant for the president was collected by his wife
nigeria jaga-jaga, prophecy by edris abdulkarim................has it come to pass?
chei,i feel like crying,is obj happy or sad
she might not be dead oh,it might be a joke?
maybe she had been travelling for plenty surgeries and now this one con finish am up!
may her soul rest in perfect peace
one munite silence for her please
.......................................................................................
amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives New York (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram & Soldiers Clash In Fatori: Islamic Extremists Say They Killed 40 / Evil Cabal’ Dictating To Acting President – Fani-kayode Explodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.