Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme (916 Views)

FG Begins School Feeding Programme This Month – Prof Osinbajo / N93Billion Appropriated To Fund School Feeding Programme / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 28, 2015
Aregbesola
Notwithstanding the financial challenges facing his administrationon, Osun state Governor, Rauf Aregbesola’s school feeding programme has received yet another recognition.
The programme tagged O-Meal was honoured by an Abuija-based Non-Governmental Organisation, Voice of African Women for African Dignity for commitment, dedication and success attained by the programme .
The State feeds over 250,000 elementary school pupils every school days with nutritious meals a programme that also has impacts on agriculture and other value chains. Other programmes of the Aregbesola administration that also attracted the attention of the organisation include the special welfare programme for the elderly and vulnerable, Agba Osun, as well as that for widows in the state.
Speaking on behalf of the body in Abuja, Barrister Julie Doule who represented the President, Hajia Amina Idris, disclosed that the board of the organization also found Governor Aregbesola worthy of the emulation for his commitment to child education as well as incentives for the disabled in the society.
They further commended Ogbeni Aregbesola for his resolve to use his programmes to better the lives of the downtrodden through poverty alleviation.
She said, “This Award of Excellence is in recognition of your immense contributions to the survival of human dignity. The free meal Program for school children in Osun State which has become a benchmark on how to increase child education and the incentive programs for the disables, widows and the aged are laudable programs that are worthy of commendations” Hajia Amina Idris said the non governmental organization concluded that the humility of Aregbesola, his compassionate disposition in the conduct of both private and public as well as efforts towards building a society where human dignity is held paramount must not go unnoticed.
Your resolve to remove a vast majority of people living below poverty line in the midst of plenty in the country and integrate them into wealth through sustainable creation of various avenues are worthy of commendations,” she said.
In his remarks, Aregbesola, who said he decided to go into politics with sole aim of empowering the populace, bemoaned policies that are anti-people and pro-elite. He said foremost responsibilities of any responsible administration is to use the commonwealth to bring about just, fair and peaceful society noting that economic challenges remain the cause of insurgency in the North-East of Nigeria.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/osun-bags-award-on-school-feeding-programme/
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by cerzo(m): 6:11am On Jul 28, 2015
He is good at this..feeding people...busy slaving the mind of the youth..better teach them how to fish than giving them fish to eat..if instance. those monies dat he is wasting via feeding is to be channelled into industry building..i swear tomorrow it will benefit the citizens and the youth of the state
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by jcross19: 6:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Feeding programme!!!!!!!!!! When the state workers find it hard to feed their families. Some people are dead but working around because they have a dead conscience and ogbeni aregbesola
is one of them. Arranged award, even a failed government do receive award here in nigeria.
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by DaBullIT(m): 6:14am On Jul 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by splashbaby(m): 6:17am On Jul 28, 2015
Using workers salary to feed their children.... Wise man!
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 28, 2015
yeye
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by wapSmart(m): 6:22am On Jul 28, 2015
What do people want, only God can answer such a question.

Feed them people will bellyache dont feed them they will still grumble..
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 28, 2015
wapSmart:
What do people want, only God can answer such a question.

Feed them people will bellyache dont feed them they will still grumble..

In the 21st century you expect govt to feed your children?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by heykims(m): 6:25am On Jul 28, 2015
Aregbe did a fine job in Osun in his first 4 years in office but mouth too much..
The immediate past FG administration particularly targeted him nd they got him..
That's the summary.
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by Tolexander: 6:44am On Jul 28, 2015
The programme tagged O-Meal was honoured by an Abuija-based Non-Governmental Organisation, Voice of African Women for African Dignity for commitment, dedication and success attained by the programme
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by wapSmart(m): 6:47am On Jul 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

In the 21st century you expect govt to feed your children?
think you didnt decipher what i type up there. If it is that the state is been blame for doing such you will be happy but now that the state is been commended you are sad.

To your question. I pray I wouldnt be in a quagmire that i will start depending on the Govt to feed my treasure.
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 28, 2015
wapSmart:
think you didnt decipher what i type up there. If it is that the state is been blame for doing such you will be happy but now that the state is been commended you are sad.

To your question. I pray I wouldnt be in a quagmire that i will start depending on the Govt to feed my treasure.

Where is feeding of school children in the midst of more serious pressing priorities in the education sector stated as govt responsibility?

Use brain
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by klarrychenko94: 7:17am On Jul 28, 2015
Nice strategy Aregbese, this guy is mad gan an. Using workers salary to feed school shildren. Tomorrow the yeye man will come on OSBC to disturb Osun people with his useless propaganda that he just received another award for work well done.

But wait shools in Osun have been on strike for the past 2 months, so who are they feeding now? Maybe Kabiru!!!
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by wapSmart(m): 7:21am On Jul 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

Where is feeding of school children in the midst of more serious pressing priorities in the education sector stated as govt responsibility?

Use brain
Are you still bitter about the news??

As for me using my brain. I am currently using it because an insane person wouldnt think of Nairaland talkless of commenting on topics.. Bro. You need not to be sad maybe you can wait till you hear that people are blaming the state Governor for giving food because i know you will be more than happy that time.
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 28, 2015
An award organised by the wife of Aregbe Special Assistant to save face for Aregbe and give his government a hhuman face
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 28, 2015
wapSmart:
Are you still bitter about the news??

As for me using my brain. I am currently using it because an insane person wouldnt think of Nairaland talkless of commenting on topics.. Bro. You need not to be sad maybe you can wait till you hear that people are blaming the state Governor for giving food because i know you will be more than happy that time.

lazy hungry parasites

Enjoy because very soon all this free oil money will be a thing of thought only
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by wapSmart(m): 7:36am On Jul 28, 2015
WombRaiders:

lazy hungry parasites

Enjoy because very soon all this free oil money will be a thing of thought only
Ok. Thanks for telling me to enjoy and relish every bit of the current moment but bro. next time you dont abuse when you have nothing to say
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by shigoslim(m): 7:38am On Jul 28, 2015
misplace of priority. And osun state Education is crumble, selling the future of her people for food undecided i lol in swahili grin
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 28, 2015
wapSmart:
Ok. Thanks for telling me to enjoy and relish every bit of the current moment but bro. next time you dont abuse when you have nothing to say

Osun is bankrupt for God's sake!

It is useless policies like this that add to debt.

Has the useless feeding program since not been discontinued?

Schools are centers of learning and not feeding
Re: Osun Bags Award On School Feeding Programme by kennyman2000(m): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2015
Hmmm...

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Pres. Buhari Receives United States Congress Delegation Today / Tears! Most heartbreaking story of the life of a young man. Must read. Sad! :( / whenever PMB speaks, I wait for d papers to understand him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.