Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) (63676 Views)

See The Buildings Of Uhonmora Secondary Commercial School In Edo State (photos) / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Buildings / New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by gudho99(m): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hi evryone.. Y WAITING FOR JAMB!!! dis is to inform u that REGISTRATION IS IN PROGRESS !!! U can gain admission into 200l in any university of ur choice without JAMB ...for more info call 08184372095
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Tclassic(m): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
One factor i know that makes one stand out is simply to be BETTER BY FAR...........Proudly unilorite
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Karlebolu(m): 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Genes1s:
mogbo information....won lati wole wink

Lati July 26th.... Lojo Sunday embarassed.

Ta lo n fa..... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Krystalzkris(f): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
brainpower:
What about the senate building of Uniport? A lot of these lists here don't include Uniport and I know we have Uniport students or graduate here but they don't bother, that's the class and uniqueness we are talking about. Believe it or not the school beats most of these schools posted here in best this and best that. But those that don't know about the school see it as just a flexing school.
ur so right... Op ddnt get his list complete... Our senate building is so on point... Unique all d way
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by meccuno: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
I though the senate building of OAU was under construction?
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by meccuno: 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
fulanimafia:
A.B.U Zaria

North-West University, Kano.

ABU's senate building is more like it........the second picture looks like a mosque.......while the last picture looks like the Cremlin in russia

1 Like

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by toshmann(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Karlebolu:

Pls go ahead and define mediocrity and misplaced prioritiy.

So you think talking endlessly like they do in politics section is what will change the problem? Take it or leave it, even till the end of the world there will be bad classrooms, bad road network and inadequate infrastructures.

So if you don't celebrate what you have now, then when will you?

I won't be surprised if you're one of those who think there's no poor citizen in America.

I live in America, there's poverty here too. So lay off that.
Fact is, a university has two main purposes: training of students and research for studies. In normal societies, the greater percentage of funding goes to students education and research. Students education includes comfy classrooms, well equipped Libraries, (not empty big buildings masquarading as massive libraries), well equipped labs, comfy transport system, power and water supply for the students, security etc.
then money is also pumped into research.
after all this is done, money can now go into stuff like sports complex, etc.

Every University doesnt have to be like Harvard, but I tell you, i've seen some elementary schools in Ohio that are more equipped than nigerian universities.

Those schools with those senate buildings, no problem with the buildings, but show me the classrooms, library, labs, transportation etc. things that affect students directly.
I know every. Even those buildings sef, im sure theybdont have steady water and power supply. Etc. which is not a problem if we dont have money, BUT we have the money, yet no sense of 'common good' to use it for public service/infrastructure

4 Likes

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by richiepolymer(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
That senate building in my school is whack! angry
I've been observing that most of the recent structures they build in uniben lack appeal. The very first structures in uniben are by far majestic and better. The new ones? Nothing to write about. And you know why? Because they award the contracts by padi-padi....and an idiot just put a poor archi design and call it a building. angry angry angry
If I have my way I'll suggest some structures in uniben be pulled down!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by darvic1515(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
ITSAWRAPP:
Oshee wink

OBA AWON UNIVERSITIES (OAU)

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below

No uni senate can beat the greatest ife own, with the underground facility. That's Y its called Africa most beautiful campus.
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by dom(m): 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
DangotePikin:
1. University of Ibadan: The historic tower remains very unique. Still towers highest
2. University of Lagos
3. University of Ilorin
4. Landmark University
5. Covenant University
6. OAU
Thats not U.I's senate building. The senate building is roundish. Directly facing the car park of the art's theatre. Its less imposing though, a lá old british.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by tociano009(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Yudeeaikay:
happy birthday...it's my birthday too
whao really, where are you lets celebrate it together
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by oluwatobi01(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
Karlebolu:

Lati July 26th.... Lojo Sunday embarassed.
Ta lo n fa..... lipsrsealed

Lol..Rep AAUA
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Nice365: 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
How those these solve workers unpaid salaries and the dwindling Nigerian economy?
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Theultimate(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
It's like U.I is currently renovating theirs.
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by bethelbrill(m): 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
brainpower:
What about the senate building of Uniport? A lot of these lists here don't include Uniport and I know we have Uniport students or graduate here but they don't bother, that's the class and uniqueness we are talking about. Believe it or not the school beats most of these schools posted here in best this and best that. But those that don't know about the school see it as just a flexing school.

Bros thank you for that talk, they dont know what Uniport gat

1 Like

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by kritikali(m): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
stabillo:
IMO, Adekunle Ajasin University have the best Senate Building... The last time I visit the school, I was surprised seeing that magnificent edifice

Pics. Or stfu,no b only ajasin na ajasco
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by gare(f): 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
brainpower:
you are right, if you have the picture please kindly upload for all to see
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
hemartins:
Wow these are lovely structures.
#DONE
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Akinjnr16: 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
YABA TECH!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by christabell18(f): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
I rep OBA AWON UNIVERSITIES...check it out...d only university that has d best structures...OAU of life,I salute u o..
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by christabell18(f): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
I rep OBA AWON UNIVERSITIES...check it out...d only university that has d best structures (not only our senate)..OAU of life,I salute u o..
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by abimbola74(m): 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
demcy505:
Lautech, Ogbomoso...Am proud to be a Ladokite.
Proudly ladokite!!!....intimidation we condole not
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Abbeylincson(m): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
Olufhemy:
Adekunle Michael Jackson University.
Our dear AAUA.
greatest AAUAITES

1 Like

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by nellyb24(m): 5:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
brainpower:
broda y borda ursef?dey think school starts and end in the west.as a unique graduate i just read dia rubbish.uniport wud beat unilag uniilorin u.i anytym anyday.but we hardly brag.dats wat stands us out

3 Likes

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by COCakanni(m): 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
mencade5:
kj
I REP THE GREAT AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA....
NATURALLY AHEAD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Otunbatrafford: 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
Wetin ABU zaria dey find for the list? School wey dey don islamized and hausanized finish.
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by niggereyez(f): 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ajof:
The University of Port Harcourt has been ranked the sixth in Africa and the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education (THE), a United Kingdom-based authoritative source for information about higher education.
Placed behind four South African universities and one Ugandan university, UniPort made the cut following the number of papers presented over a period of time.

In this chart by world’s most trusted rankings provider, THE, it reveals the first glimpse of future Africa University Rankings.
“The university rankings provider has revealed the top 15 universities in the region, based solely on their scores for research influence – in other words, how much African universities’ research papers are referred to and cited by other academics across the globe,” THE said in a statement.
The research institute noted that: “To be included in this future-gazing table, an institution must have published a minimum of 500 research papers in the five year period assessed with at least 50 papers per year,” it said.

University of Port Harcourt was the only Nigerian university ranked in the top 15. The full table, which contains the top 30 universities in Africa, will be revealed at the inaugural Times Higher Education Africa Universities Summit, which is billed to take place on 30th and 31st July at the University of Johannesburg. http://www.campuslife.uniport.edu.ng/university-of-port-harcourt-ranked-6th-in-africa-1st-in-nigeria/

I love my ALMAAMAATAAAAAAAAR
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Kelvinpam(m): 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
nellyb24:
broda y borda ursef?dey think school starts and end in the west.as a unique graduate i just read dia rubbish.uniport wud beat unilag uniilorin u.i anytym anyday.but we hardly brag.dats wat stands us out

lol really? Unizik is the way ooh!! Lol grin grin
Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
DangotePikin:
1. University of Ibadan: The historic tower remains very unique. Still towers highest
2. University of Lagos
3. University of Ilorin
4. Landmark University
5. Covenant University
6. OAU

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=DangotePikin post=36351061]1. University of Ibadan: The historic tower remains very unique. Still towers highest
2. University of Lagos
3. University of Ilorin
4. Landmark University
5. Covenant University
6. OAU
7. Adekunle Ajasin University

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by mencade5(m): 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
COCakanni:
I REP THE GREAT AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA.... NATURALLY AHEAD
haha....yea....naturally ahead

1 Like

Re: Senate Buildings Of Some Major Nigerian Universities (pictures) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
Adekunle Ajasin University

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of University Of Ghana, The Best University In West Africa / How Going To University Was Like In Those Days (photos) / Marilyn Effanga: I Had Sex With Emmanuel Adooh Egerebu - Covenant University Stu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.