Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,729 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch (796 Views)

A Closer Look At Ibrahim Babangida's Latest Picture / Boko Haram Razes Five Borno Villages, Inches Closer To Maiduguri / New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by Sveen: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2015
The possibility of first oil from the Aje shallow-water
field offshore Lagos this year has received a significant
boost with the commencement of drilling on the Aje-5
production well on the Oil Mining Licence 113.
The Aje-5 well is part of the first phase of a two-phase
development plan for the field.

The well is being drilled with the Saipem Scarabeo 3
semi-submersible drilling rig, Panoro Energy, one of the
joint partners involved in the Aje field development,
said in a statement on Monday.

The firm said, “Following drilling, the Aje-5 well will be
completed as a subsea oil production well.
“The drilling and completion for Aje-5 is expected to
take approximately 70 days. Following this, the rig will
be used to re-enter the existing Aje-4 well to complete
it as a second Cenomanian subsea oil production well.”

It added that installation of the production manifold,
flowlines, umbilicals and risers would take place in the
fourth quarter of this year, after which the floating
production, storage and offloading vessel, the ‘Front
Puffin’, would be installed and commissioned.

“Production is expected to commence by year-end
2015 at an initial anticipated production flow rate of
approximately 1,100 barrels of oil per day, net to
Panoro from these two wells, in accordance with the
first phase of the approved Field Development Plan.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/new-well-drilling-moves-lagos-closer-to-first-oil/

Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by guntranno(f): 10:19am On Jul 28, 2015
we dey go there
Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by Feranchek(m): 10:33am On Jul 28, 2015
guntranno:
we dey go there

We dey go there abi we don dey reash dia sef...
Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by Mogidi: 11:06am On Jul 28, 2015
Hmmm!
Is there enough Oil in Lagos to prepare Egusi soup?

1 Like

Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by kernel504(m): 11:32am On Jul 28, 2015
Good

Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by emmatok(m): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ogun also got untapped Crude oil deposit.
Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by sheymoni(m): 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
why now that oil price is dancing konko below
Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by gists: 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
I honestly feel/pray that no oil should be found.
First it will make Lagos less resoursefull as it is today because the tendency is there to rely on petro-dollar as major source of revenue.
The other point is Lagos is already farrrr too over populated. Another discovery of Oil will mean more people trying to survice economic hardship will be moving to Lagos.
I for one think Lagos and Ogun state should be merged together. Lagos has the wealth the people of Ogun need, while Ogun has the land that lagos can effectively put to use. So a scratch-my-back-and-I-scratch your-back opportunity exist there. But the ego crisis between the two neighbors over who becomes the governor and commissioners will not let it work.
Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by millhouse: 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
Aje shallow-water
field offshore Lagos
Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
Many people will avoid this thread.

We know why and who they are. grin

1 Like

Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by sammyj: 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
Yet the wailing wailers will come here and rant that is only their land that is being exploited by the Nigerian government for oil exploration, just like the wailer below me. Lagos here we come.!!! cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: New Well Drilling Moves Lagos Closer To First Oil - Punch by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
Every year " Closer to First oil" .....I hope they will not drill while looking for "OYEL" until they reach another planet. They have been drilling this oil since 1953 yet them never reach the well grin

(1) (Reply)

$2.1m Cash: I’m Ready For EFCC, Says Ex-nhis Boss Dr. Olufemi Thomas- The Nation / Cash Crunch: Banks Reject Senators’ Loan Requests / PHOTOS: First Daughter, Zahra Buhari Signs As NGO Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.