Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

"Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says (24074 Views)

Fayemi Denies Attacking Bola Tinubu, Says He Can Never Speak Ill Of Tinubu. / The World-Class Roads In Owerri: ‘Change’ Has Indeed Come - By Elias Ozikpu / “Change” Does Not Come By Magic – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

"Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA–National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has said that President Mohammadu Buhari and the party have at least 100 days of honeymoon before embarking on the implementation of “change” programme.

Tinubu who defended his assertion said it was a norm the world over for new leaders to settle in the office before unfolding their agenda for their country.

The APC leader who is also a former Governor of Lagos State was in the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday for a private meeting with President Buhari.

He added that change does not come by magic, stressing that it is driven by people and proper planning.

“Excuse me! Let us calm now here. How long ago? May 29th was when this president was sworn in. It is an international norm all over the world, there is an honeymoon period, at least minimum of 100 days honeymoon. And you won’t allow honeymoon at all? You said change is not coming. Change is not by magic. It driven by the people, the spirit and the character and the planning.

“You see, we have had so much problem in this country in the past because we run into policy blind folded without adequate and effective planning you don’t have results unless you plan well.

“The time it takes you to plan, examine, rejig, re-evaluate is more important than the time you just rush into taking action because you are either being sentimental, being emotional and being driven by other forces that are not expected. It is not fair to jump into those conclusions.

“There must be time to plan, to review and even listen to people. There is a separation between a campaign period, articulating your vision, expressing the promises to Nigerians. There is a time to look at holistically at what you inherited, analysis it, distil and then take action.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/buhari-apc-ve-100-days-of-honeymoon-before-executing-change-programme-tinubu/

Cc: lalasticlala, Ishilove

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
Really?

Go say that to ur followers and d guy below me cos dey need it more.

Arrant nonsense!

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by dammylohlah: 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
The Jagban has spoken let the wailers wail. The problem of PDP

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by dammylohlah: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
There must be time to plan, to review and even listen to people. There is a separation between a campaign period, articulating your vision, expressing the promises to Nigerians. There is a time to look at holistically at what you inherited, analysis it, distil and then take action

THIS MAN IS LOADED...

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by dammylohlah: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
Really?

Go say that to ur followers and d guy below me cos dey need it more.

Arrant nonsense

SORRY IT PAIN U...... HAHAHAHAHAHAH

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
Making the impossible in the days of PDP can only be magical when APC makes it possible. Therefore our change is magical but it is not a magic.

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by hazyfm: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Mogidi: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
Buhari won the election in March, we're nearly in August, it would still be one excuse after another by Christmas.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by lakside000: 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
1000000 times accepted

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by gurunlocker: 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
say that one to your masturbating mastubators

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by mployer(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
Honeymoon indeed!

With taxpayers money grin

This change go sweet ooo! cheesy

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Sweetlemon(f): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
Slow but steady wins the race. Slowly slowly, small small, little by little, we are getting there. Businesses are picking up these days because power has greatly improved. I used to think it was because of the rainy season before but now I realize that the rains haven't even been much unlike previous years.

My prayer is for Buhari to remain resolute and focused and not get intimidated by the cries of wailers and their insults. Let him appoint his ministers when he deems fit and appoint who he likes even if people call him the worst names. What matters to most sensible people is performance of his team and not their regions/state of origin.

We will get there.

Sai Baba!
Sai Tinubu!
Sai Nigeria!

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by ammyluv2002(f): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
APC sha undecided undecided

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Obaiyski(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
If I hear, anyway since he have chosen to be slow president no wahala

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by AMBIVERT(f): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015

Can someone please tell Tinubu that he should stop living in denial and face the realities on ground?

They never talked about a honeymoon period.

We were told they would hit the ground running. Now all we see is someone who hit the ground crawling.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Barselonia(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
“There must be time to plan, to review and even listen to people. There is a separation between a campaign period, articulating your vision, expressing the promises to Nigerians. There is a time to look at holistically at what you inherited, analysis it, distil and then take action.

With this,he has said it All....
If u are not Okay with it, kill yourself....

Pa ara e....

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by zicoraads: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
Where is INTROVERT? grin

As for Tinubu, am still thinking of what to say to him. INTROVERT...leave MrCork alone and come and fight for what is rightfully yours. This is the third thread to hit FP without your sobriquet taking 1st position.

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by DankemzI(m): 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
“The time it takes you to plan, examine, rejig, re-evaluate is more important than the time you just rush into taking action because you are either being sentimental, being emotional and being driven by other forces that are not expected. It is not fair to jump into those conclusions."
Honeymoon ke? Honeycomb ni?
But we were not told this in his campaigns, What ever happened to hitting the ground and benching Usain Bolt?

Is Aso Rock now a Vacation spot?

Ayafvex Why is Apc always trying to finger my Brain?? Huh

Infact any time I hear Change I qo dash that person short sleeve & e go fade
Honeymoon my dimples

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by DEXTROVERT: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
Don't know wat to type.....
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by slinkman(m): 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
What an Excuse ..

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by yimikaa: 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2015

“The time it takes you to plan, examine, rejig, re-evaluate is more important than the time you just rush into taking action because you are either being sentimental, being emotional and being driven by other forces that are not expected. It is not fair to jump into those conclusions.

Jagaban of borgu kingdom.

Your opolo eye na open eye

17 Likes

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by qualityovenbake(m): 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Really, you never used the word honeymoon when you were campaigning. You promise Nigerians CHANGE, not HONEYMOON. We don't need this EXCUSES, we need CHANGE.

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by balad009(f): 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
True
Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by sanity12(m): 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Is jagaban owk??

Na just 60 days pple don die plenty 4 north,,,,,,,,,
So make we wait anoda 40 days make e go snap pichure wit em cows

#BABAgoslow.....

APC don scam us ooooo.....

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
APC Change or
Conductor change?

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
[b]Calls for 'total' Sharia in Nigeria
2001-08-27 21:32

Lagos - A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

Northern Nigeria is mainly Muslim but southern Nigeria is mainly Christian and has led criticism of the introduction of Islamic law in a dozen northern states in the past 18 months.

Africa's most populous country has been shaken repeatedly in the past by religious unrest. In February 2000 between 2 000 and 3 000 people were killed by Christian-Muslim riots in Kaduna over the introduction of Sharia.

Call for Sharia across the country

Buhari's comments were interpreted by the southern-based papers as a call for the imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states," was the headline of the respected newspaper The Guardian.

Buhari's comments were defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

But the comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith.

This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines, as well as an attack on the current president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who is a Christian.

Buhari made the latest comments at a seminar organised by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, a newly set up body attended by northern state governments and Islamic scholars.

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on. - AFP

- SAPA

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827
Can a leopard change its spots

What is an INFIDEL? KNOWING IT IS TO BELIEVE-IT

This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well-known leader in prison ministry.

The man who walks with God always gets to his destination.

If you have a pulse you have a purpose.

The Muslim religion is the fastest
growing religion per capita in the
United States, especially in the
minority races!!

Last month I attended my annual
training session that's required for
maintaining my state prison security clearance.

During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers
representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths,
who each explained their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic had to say.
The Muslim gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.
When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Muslim and asked:

'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the
infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven.

If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation,
he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of
Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven.

Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine The Pope commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Muslim was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your
brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question:

Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to
heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with my way of dealing with the Islamic Imam,
and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President!

I think everyone in the WORLD!!! should be required to read this,
but with the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely
publicized, unless each of us sends it on! This is your chance
to make a difference...

Please, for Christ's sake, send it on!

[/b]

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by alaoeri: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
Asiwaju teaching PDP & wailing wailers politicking since 1999.
Jagaban has spoken EOD. cool

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
That's American language, so tell that to Americans, here we have pressing issues that can't wait. I understand mr president needs time but howcome you did not tell us about honeymoon during campaign we don't want to hear it now please.

Re: "Change" Does Not Come By Magic- Tinubu Says by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
oluseyiforjesus:
APC Change or
Conductor change?

I WONDER O

He did not ask of 100 days of honeymoon when he was being elected o.

Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo / Gbajabiamila: It’s Time To Sit Back, See If Govt Will Fulfill Its Promises / Presidency: Jonathan Still In The Race, Puts APC Screening On Hold - Vanguard