Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Dollar Is Now Worth N200! - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Dollar Is Now Worth N200! (2946 Views)

Urgent Sale- 2001 Manual Mitsubishi Lancer- SOLD / Mercedes Benz 230 For Quick Sale At N200,000 / Import Your Car Directl And Save Some Thousands Now That Dollar Is Crashing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Igwe9(m): 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2009
pureminded:

grin I pray it moves upward to 300NGN=1$ , I swear, money don come big tyme be that ,God don butter my bread b dat , no be $ wey we dey change 113 dos days ? mehn , it;s time to shine,  abeg $, keep moving jor ,  cheesy
Hey pureminded!

What you don't know is that ''what goes around comes around'', and action and reaction are equal and opposite,
As long as you transact business in Nigeria or with Nigerians, the impact will eventually gets to you.
Before I break it down for you, Pls, permit me to take a glass of water  . . . . . . . 

Igwe smiley smiley
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by MrCrackles(m): 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by TayoD1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2009
@Igwe,

Hey pureminded!

What you don't know is that ''what goes around comes around'', and action and reaction are equal and opposite,
As long as you transact business in Nigeria or with Nigerians, the impact will eventually gets to you.
Before I break it down for you, Pls, permit me to take a glass of water . . . . . . .

Igwe
Na true you talk my brother. I sent a car to Naija late last year. It finally came to land after sitting at the port for over 2 months (port congestion).

Unfortunately, I sold the car to a friend for N1.6m not knowing na so the babe go dey pay me small by small. Check out the difference. At N130 to a dollar when I sold the car, I would have got back $12,300. But at the current rate of N175 to $1, all I get is $9,140. This is really screwed.
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Fhemmmy: 8:59pm On Mar 23, 2009
I heard the $$ going down already.
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2009
Unfortunately, some people can't see beyond their nose embarassed Some of those based abroad see the naira's depreciation as an opportunity to get more naira for your dollar, forgetting the effect on inflation. Truth is whatever your reason for sending money to Nigeria - real estate projects, supporting family members, etc sooner or later you'll need to send more of your $$ to keep up with inflation. Get down on your knees and thank God the naira is appreciating smiley
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Fhemmmy: 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2009
wwheelz:

Unfortunately, some people can't see beyond their nose embarassed Some of those based abroad see the naira's depreciation as an opportunity to get more naira for your dollar, forgetting the effect on inflation. Truth is whatever your reason for sending money to Nigeria - real estate projects, supporting family members, etc sooner or later you'll need to send more of your $$ to keep up with inflation. Get down on your knees and thank God the naira is appreciating smiley

I just hope the appreciation is not another "yo-yo" hope it is here to stay, $$ exchanging at 125naira will be a great news for buz. but i trust Nigerians, some pple that have jacked their prices when $$ was changing for 180naira will never reverse.
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

but i trust Nigerians, some pple that have jacked their prices when $$ was changing for 180naira will never reverse.

I'm really hoping auto buyers in this section will hold sellers accountable. If you raised your prices because of the exchg rate, it's only reasonable for the market to expect a price reduction wink wink
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by pureminded: 10:12am On Mar 24, 2009
I know the rate is affecting some people while adding more money to the pocket of some people (Like Me grin) But Well sorry to anyone who the exchange rate of $ is affecting . God almighty will help you all (Amen) cool

Much Love
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 26, 2009
A pepper seller recently complained about the drastic increase in dollar $.
cheesy
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by pureminded: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2009
brein:

A pepper seller recently complained about the drastic increase in dollar $.
cheesy wettin concern am ? hin dey take $ transact?
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2009
@pureminded, I think so. grin grin grin
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:27am On Apr 07, 2009
"Why don't Nigerians hedge the Foreign Exchange risk using derivatives contracts"

One day Nigeria, One day Africa
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by promise72(m): 1:40am On Apr 07, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

"Why don't Nigerians hedge the Foreign Exchange risk using derivatives contracts"

One day Nigeria, One day Africa

Good point. But u need to realise that it is a "long-term" foresight which unfortunately Nigeria lacks. How do you convince these illiterate "money miss road" politicians to set aside $$$ for the better of the people while there nothing in it for them?
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 07, 2009
how much are they BUYING dollars today?
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by gentlegg(m): 9:48am On Apr 07, 2009
Please what is the current price as of today?
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2009
Any news on how much the USD is selling for? I heard N180 today but don't think it's accurate.
Re: Dollar Is Now Worth N200! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2009
Naira sheds N2 at parallel market
•CBN restricts banks on ATM deployment
By Emele Onu, 04.09.2009

Thursday, April 9, 2009

FINANCE

The Nigerian currency, the naira at yesterday’s trading at the parallel market lost N2 to exchange at N174 to the dollar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD <<<>>>Super Sweet Acura 3.5rl For A Sleek 650k SOLD <<>> / Registered Nissan Quest '02 Model For Sale @ogba #600k / Tokunbo 2001 Toyota Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.