Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? (1870 Views)

Kano Police Command Arrests Members Of Boko Haram Group / Buhari Arrives Gambia For Peace Talks With Jammeh (Photos) / Return Justice Sylvester Ngwuta "Loot" Back To Kogi Gov. Group Begs DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by skak(m): 9:33am On Jul 29, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has been approached by a faction, as it named itself, of the deadly Boko Haram sect, seeking peace negotiations with Nigeria’s government.

Garba Shehu, the presidential spokesman, made this known in a statement, saying that efforts were under way to “verify their claims” of having such power.

“A faction of the Boko Haram group came forward claiming to have the mandate to negotiate with the government,” he said.

Buhari’s government recently said it was not opposed to negotiations with the sect, which has killed thousands and left around 1.5 million people evacuated during its insurgency.

Shehu added: “It is now left for them to show proof that they have the mandate, but they made it clear that they are representing a faction of Boko Haram that wants peace.”

It should be noted that despite his earlier stance during the electoral campaign President Buhari has recently said he is willing to hold talks with Boko Haram commanders for the rescue of more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls abducted last year.

The insurgents have killed more than 600 Nigerians in a spate of bombings and shootings since new president was sworn-in on May 29.

President Buhari will visit Cameroon on July 29-30 as part of efforts to cooperate with countries with which Nigeria shares borders.

It would be recalled that efforts to reach a peace agreement by the previous government of Goodluck Jonathan failed as Boko Haram denied holding any talks with government.

Cc: lalasticlala
https://www.naij.com/500549-finally-boko-haram-group-begs-president-buhari-peace.html

1 Like

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Courageous007(m): 9:34am On Jul 29, 2015
Sai baba grin
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Firefire(m): 9:35am On Jul 29, 2015
Bogus!

1 Like

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by engrtemmyy: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2015
Lie

Your DSTV, CCTV or intercom just stopped working? Contact r on BBM: 2B9BC38B and I'll have it fixed for you
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by bigiyaro(m): 9:36am On Jul 29, 2015
chai! Op u can spin o! Oya tell us another one.

1 Like

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:38am On Jul 29, 2015
U wan defraud us again ba? The money wey ubcollect for Jonathan's hand, una don spend am finish?
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by ojun50(m): 9:38am On Jul 29, 2015
Stop dreaming op
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by jamex93(m): 9:39am On Jul 29, 2015
bokp boys liver don drop
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Bern1992(m): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2015
I smell lies and FP
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by bewla(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2015
let them die and come back for peace talk na life for life
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by RichDad1(m): 9:58am On Jul 29, 2015
They know they ain't dealing with a Clueless anymore.
Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by merry02(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2015
Some ppl ll just wake up nd cook lies on media.its unfortunate that some of our youths reason like market woman this days!the same buhari that prepared a ground for negotition after 2 weeks in office is fooling Nigerian by traveling ForG7 summmits,america nd cameroon for security issue.the sole called ex general could nt combat his brothers(boko haram) bt playing an ostrish game of negotiation.......shame!
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Yemz213(m): 10:20am On Jul 29, 2015
bunch of idiots ......
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Candyrain(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2015
Any peace negotiation with Boko Haram must be resisted and rejected in its entirety. Boko Haram has been labeled terrorist organisation and there shouldn't be any form of peace negotiation with them. Only negotiation for the release of any of their hostages which can include prisoner swap/exchange is what is acceptable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Dannyset(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2015
Let them all come out on Channels TV before we believe them. And let them also know that there's no Amnesty for them. We just want to negotiate so as to Bring Back Our Gurls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by DeltahArmy(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2015
Their father! The president should not negotiate with terrorist. Those fools should be killed and their bodies given to pigs.
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by jaykaylegend(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2015
I don't mind peace talks,, as long as it is going to stop the inceassant killings

We aint America who don't negotiate with terrorists

If Negotiation will bring about the much awaited peace then so be it....

1 Like

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2015
Why begging Buhari to stop ALLAS FIGHT I smell LIES

Minwhyl

Buhari is a Certified Illiterate Terrorist.

FG stop killing Boko Haram Members - Buhari

Attack on Boko Haram is Attack to the North - Buhari

We (Boko Haram) are wining the war - Buhari

Buhari as a president of Nigeria is a DISASTER to AFRICA.- Ex US envoy
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by ahaz: 11:07am On Jul 29, 2015
RichDad1:
They know they ain't dealing with a Clueless anymore.
Sai Baba
or you mean they know they re aware their patron is in power ND will not spare anyone that threatens his govt after payoff
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Omenkata: 11:07am On Jul 29, 2015
Buhari is a damn terrorist - Nasir Elrufai

1 Like

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Omenkata: 11:10am On Jul 29, 2015
Buhari to negotiate with his brothers to stop bombing his brothers should i care? definitely NO! North bombing north no problem

1 Like

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by dayo23(f): 11:19am On Jul 29, 2015
grin
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by 400billionman: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
Lies without shame.
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by 400billionman: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2015
Firefire:
Bogus!

Osun defender kind of story..

1 Like

Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by sammyj: 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
SAI PMB. Even BH know what will become of them in the 1 to 2 weeks if they do not beg for mercy compared to the previous clueless administration. I know the wailers will come wailing at me very soon !!! shocked cool grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Ephemmm: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
It is no more as usual business; no more cluelessness.

Sai Baba!
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Shortyy(f): 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
I'll wait for Lie Mohammed to confirm it.
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by BarrElChapo(m): 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
Lolzz.. As much as I want this to be true .. I know its not
Re: Finally, Boko Haram Group Begs President Buhari For Peace Talks? by Tclassic(m): 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Why begging Buhari to stop ALLAS FIGHT I smell LIES

Minwhyl

Buhari is a Certified Illiterate Terrorist.

FG stop killing Boko Haram Members - Buhari

Attack on Boko Haram is Attack to the North - Buhari

We (Boko Haram) are wining the war - Buhari

Buhari as a president of Nigeria is a DISASTER to AFRICA.- Ex US envoy
still on this man, u fall my hand big time, isint this one of the post u ppl used to against this man before election, u now think we will buy it now, abeg go cook another one.

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari & Osinbanjo: What Is Happening Here? / Meet Orlando Martins,the First Nigerian Hollywood Star(photo) / Pictures: An Accident At Ajiwe Ajah, Lekki-epe Expressway Few Minutes Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.