Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... (41557 Views)

Who Do You Think Is The Most Popular Minister In Buhari's Administration? / Buhari’s Many Failed Promises - Vangaurd / Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 29, 2015
Goodmorning fellow Nigerians, Nairalanders and Guests of this forum. Today (June 29) marks the second month of the life of Buhari's administration. I have therefore taken the step of matching some of his campaign promises with the reality on ground two months into his Presidency (Happy Reading).

1. Failure To End Boko-Haram As Promised:
During Buhari's Jan 22, 2015 campaign for the Presidency in Imo state, he made a pledge/promise to end Boko Haram insurgency within TWO months if elected. In his own words...

“If you elect me as the President of Nigeria on February 14 (March 28), I am assuring you that our government will chase Boko Haram out of Nigeria within two months because it is the responsibility of any reasonable government to secure the lives and property of its citizens.”
www.thenationonlineng.net/polls-campaign-promises-great-expectations/

Unfortunately, contrary to his assurance the BH terrorists has neither been chased out nor is there any significant improvement in this fight.

2. Failure To BringBackChibokGirls:
On August 11, 2014, the Northern Elders Forum gave then President Jonathan a TWO month deadline to BringBackChibokGirls. According to them, failure to return the Chibok girls within the time frame automatically means forfeiture of Jonathan's right to seek re-election in the March 2015 poll. In their own words..

“In the event that President Jonathan fails to do this, Nigerians will be left with the only conclusion that he has forfeited his right to ask for our mandate beyond 2015.”
www.leadership.ng/news/380738/northern-elders-give-jonathan-2-month-ultimatum-produce-chibok-girls-end-insurgency

Buhari promised to reunite the missing girls with their families..

"I will give all it takes to ensure that our girls that were kidnapped from Chibok are rescued and reunited with their families." (President Muhammadu Buhari, March 2015)

Though he never fixed a timeline, I believe it is fair that he inherits the 2months deadline given to Goodluck Jonathan by Northern Elders Forum. His failure to return the school girls after two months in power should therefore means a forfeiture of his right to extend his mandate beyond 2019 in line with the NEF scale.

3. The Failure of Him and His Appointees To Publicly Declare Their Assets:

“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment."
www.dailypost.ng/2015/02/20/buhari-pledges-publicly-declare-assets-voted-office/

Those were the words of Muhammadu Buhari in his February 25 pledge. Unfortunately, it's been TWO months since taken over and we are yet to see the Assets of the President and his Vice. More painful is the fact that NONE of the President's appointees (Shehu Garba, Femi Adesina, NSA Moguno, Accountant-General etc) has declared their assets PUBLICLY contrary to his pledge of "as a pre-condition for appointment.".

4. Failure To Commence/Implement Other Programs:
It is unfortunate that two months into this administration, no one is talking about other Buhari promises like the 12 months post service payments for Corp members and feeding of primary school pupils. There is no mechanism in place to ensure that monthly N5000 payment to the elderly, disabled and the unemployed.

It is worthy to note that Buhari is yet to achieve ANY of his campaign promises. Though I never voted President Buhari at the March 28 poll, I believe that it is the right of every citizen irrespective of party or religious affiliation to hold the government accountable. I also believe that we (critics) are doing the APC favor by our constant criticisms. In fact, the APC on April 30 through its Chairman, Chief John Oyegun admonished the opposition to constantly keep the APC/Buhari government on their toes. In his own word...

“We(APC) want the PDP to keep us on our toes so that we don’t make the same mistake they made.”
www.thenationonlineng.net/oyegun-to-pdp-keep-us-on-our-toes/

God sparing our lives, we shall continue to keep them on their toes.

May God Bless Us All

375 Likes 67 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2015
Sincere gratitude to all those that created threads in my honor and to those that commented... Though it is my belief that we all deserve the accolades. God bless you all.

CC: Aprokoman, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Francizy, Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candirain, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, coolestrogue Wasquad Ecoterrors and all patriots

92 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Dannyset(m): 10:30am On Jul 29, 2015
Chief of Wailing Wailers Association of Nigeria!!!
This man is just trying all his possible best to bench Metuh of the "Award of the Chief Wailer".

Mr Femi Adesina is a Prophet. He's seen the future of these cry cry babies(despite the fact that they are adults).
One of Baba promises is to fight corruption. He hasn't started, you people have started crying of witch hunting, some of u have started lying with one illness or the other, and their shameless disgusting family has been shouting that they should leave their corrupt Child, children, wives, husbands etc. alone. Yet, the same lots of u people are begging for 5000Naira he promised to save u from wretchedness. Tell me, with which money?

And as for the Boko Haram and The Gurls, tell ur PDP cronies to release those gurls and end their contract with BH(I don't want to remind u of the former(RIP) NSA that said PDP is the owner of BH.

Meanwhile, don't kill ursef on Buhari's case unless somebody is paying u to really kill ursef which in turn doesn't differentiate u from those clueless suicide bombers.

Notification:
Let me congratulate all the wailers dangling in my mentions. You all know I don't reply wailings, and I won't start today. Thanks!

336 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by wisefizz(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2015
Uhmm
Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Dannyset(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2015
barcanista:
I see u

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 29, 2015
Baba Go Slow and Steady

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Omenkata: 10:33am On Jul 29, 2015
Buhari is a disgrace to presidency worldwide

hope incompetent, docile, Hopless, useless, animalistic, terrorist, bastard, vagabond president

Buhari is a certified terrorist - Elrufai

124 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Surulere2: 10:34am On Jul 29, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by kenny091(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2015
I have realised no matter the amount of good Buhari does, some people will always hate him, what surprises me is the moral justification that PDP has to castigate him. I wish Barcanista would one day take time to compile an article of all the failed promises of his party PDP in their 16years in governance. Buhari and indeed APC need opposition to function properly since this is a democracy but PDP is just not the right party to provide it. They are grossly inexperienced, overeager and too hate-filled to fulfill this crucial role.

231 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Kossyne(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2015
K
Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by patrickmuf(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2015
Brace yourselves, this space shall be flooded in no distant time by the never ending tears of the "Wailing Wailers"
A life jacket should do for me and a pack of handkerchief for the wailers...

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 29, 2015
baba go slow and steady

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2015
Contrary to what the liars would have us believe, Bubu's first 2 months can be best described as failure. Monumental failure.

Thanks for all the points you've raised. Facts don't lie.

Since 29th May, the effrontery, brutality of the BH animals have increased. In fact, it's like PMB gave them some reasons to be more daring and deadly, even with the military command centre moved to Borno.

His visit to the US was nothing but a huge waste of taxpayers money. He came back disappointed.

Governance isn't a joke. The reality is gradually dawning on the APC and the sensible supporters amongst it's vastly gullible folks.

APC shouldn't forget that Nigerians are a very impatient people. Soon the music of change will be turned into a change of music.

Buyers beware- all that glitters is not gold.

118 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by libertyfather(m): 10:36am On Jul 29, 2015
Barcanista is at it again, you wunt stop disappointing your pay master, well done dude.... take back your zobo me I dunt want

42 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by patrickmuf(m): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2015
I think the OP needs to check up the meaning of the word "Process"
Now let's address the OP's point of view which for him, criticism is the best way of keeping the government on her toes...While I agree, criticism without pointing out better alternatives can be termed "Hate or destructive criticism"
You don't criticize for criticism sake, you criticize when you have a better or more practicable solutions to questions/challenges as they come...

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by abduljabbar4(m): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2015
I cant find corruption.
Oh his master is at risk. No wonder.

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by steppin: 10:37am On Jul 29, 2015
Easiest way to get 'likes' in this section is to write some gibberish and end it with 'wailing wailers'.
Apc clowns are there to make ur dreams come true.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Mc4larin: 10:38am On Jul 29, 2015
How about we play a game..
Find your birthday month, day and
year and form a sentence...
Jan : I need
Feb : I killed
Mar : I slept with
Apr : I raped
May : I slapped
Jun : I hugged
Jul : I played with
Aug : I jumped on
Sep : I got drunk with
Oct : I spit on
Nov : I kissed
Dec : I love
SELECT A DAY
01- Someone
02- a donkey
03- a monkey
04- a baboon
05- an elephant
06- my cousin
07- my girlfriend/boyfriend
08- Ronaldo
09- Nicky Minaj
10- a clown
11- a drunkard
12- a virgin
13- a hobo
14- a genius
15- a gorilla
16- Chris Brown
17- a pig
18- a model
19- my pet
20- my dog
21- my first love
22- my ex
23- an old man
24- a dinosaur
25- Kim Kardashian
26- a prostitute
27- the lecturer
28- my best friend
29- a cat
30- an old friend
31- an idiot
Select the year of birth...
1980- in a bar
1981- in a car park
1982- in a dirty pond
1983- in an ocean
1984- in a police van
1985- in a garage
1986- in a forest
1987- in a swimming pool
1988- in a toilet
1989- in a garden
1990- in a hotel room
1991- in a bus
1992- in a taxi
1993- on my bed
1994- in the river
1995- in our room
1996- on the playground
1997 with out my pants
1998 on the house roof
1999 with my eyes open
2000 but I'm lying...

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Onemansquad(m): 10:38am On Jul 29, 2015
hehehehe Lets not deceive ourselves with the way nigeria is now buhari can't change nigeria within a year sef..it wil take @most 2years before he can achieve 60% of the change he promised

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by wakaman: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2015
Barcanista- all these time and effort you use to find fault with the present government could be used proactively to better your life and immediate environment.

look in the mirror, evaluate your self and stride objectively.
then only would you see how you can help the country.
start from yourself. Remove bigotry, naivety and self delusion from your being else you are propounding the problems of Nigerians.

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Firefire(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2015
Graphically...

“I am assuring you that our government will chase Boko Haram out of Nigeria within two months…” – Buhari

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I cant find corruption.
Oh his master is at risk. No wonder.

Buhari dines and wines with CORRUPTION & CORRUPT people...

https://www.nairaland.com/2475129/daring-president-halliburton-scandal-prosecution

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2015
Buhari so far has shown crass ineptitude and lack of direction in governance... a reality his supporters fell to acknowledge...

Buhari runs so far the MOST insincere government ridden with confusion, bigotry, and vindictiveness... My facts below;

1)His anti-corruption confusion and lies...
https://www.nairaland.com/2475129/daring-president-halliburton-scandal-prosecution

2)His America achievement lies noting my comments/analyses/breakdown of facts in page 2 https://www.nairaland.com/2478091/dont-need-foreign-aid buhari/2#36286769

3)His bigotry and lack of comprehension or analytical skill depicting a failure and inept personality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A

In conclusion buhari is confused and a failure so far

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by major466(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2015
Before power was handed over to them on may 29th, the Bubu led APC administration made the impression that they will hit the Sky immediately and FLY to fulfill all their campaign promises. Well, Two months down the line, they are still on the ground helplessly confused on where to fly.
So far its all been talk with no action.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 29, 2015
barcanista and the wailers

but seriously, I feel your pain man, after all, a drowning man will cling to anything; even straw.

redeeming a lost reputation is one hell of a job. undecided

33 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by freedom96: 10:46am On Jul 29, 2015
"I was only saying that you have the talent of making a strong case of any side of an argument you choose. And sometimes this skill affects the objectivity of your criticism."-phyllosilicate to barcanista.

Yes!This is the raw truth!You make cases out of selfish interests not patriotism.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by abduljabbar4(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2015
Omenkata:

Nope he'll cry until Buhari dies by bomb Insha'Allah amin
We know about your failed plan. Gej planned to rig the 2019 election in favour of a South eastener but unfortunately for you people the North + the south West destroyed everything. You can hate Buhari and Tinubu as much as you like.

Allah is with PMB cos gejs boys tried to assassinate him right here in my state but Allah didnt allow that to happen

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by yang(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2015
A dullard is a dullard

there is no redemption for the zoo

Only hopelessness and destruction

A certificate forger who defiles little girls at his spare time and is unforgivably illiterate is the President of the zoo

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2015
LOL...WHO DOESNT KNOW BUHARI IS A LIAR?

BTW...WHETHER BUHARI ACHIEVES ANYTHING OR NOT, APART FROM COMPLAIN IS THERE ANYTHING YOU GUYS CAN DO?

COWARDS!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2015
kenny091:
I have realised no matter the amount of good Buhari does, some people will always hate him, what surprises me is the moral justification that PDP has to castigate him. I wish Barcanista would one day take time to compile an article of all the failed promises of his party PDP in their 16years in governance. Buhari and indeed APC need opposition to function properly since this is a democracy but PDP is just not the right party to provide it. They are grossly inexperienced, overeager and too hate-filled to fulfill this crucial role.

Don't you think you're describing yourself with your last statement?...And what stops you from opening a thread to compile PDP failed promises or did anybody ban you from such?...

Below are the goodies of buhari so far...

1)His anti-corruption confusion and lies...

2)His America achievement lies noting my comments/analyses/breakdown of facts in page 2 https://www.nairaland.com/2478091/dont-need-foreign-aid buhari/2#36286769

3)His bigotry and lack of comprehension or analytical skill depicting a failure and inept personality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paLHi4ieE7A

In conclusion buhari is confused and a failure so far ...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 29, 2015
The government has been so slow that its pace has made the snail envious of the shine, Buhari promised a lot of goodies for nigerians but we are seeing a government that forgot about all its social welfare schemes that made the average APC fanatic to salivate with the coming of PMB.

Today we don't hear about the unemployment stipend because its not feasible with the economic outlook.

The school children feeding scheme is gathering dust in Osibanjo's drawer because of the result of Osun feeding scheme failure.

Chibok Girls and their mouthpiece BBOG has been incoporated into the APC government with juicy appointment to silence and make the ever forgetful Nigerians to forget about them.

Let's not talk about BH because those ones accerlerated their killings since PMB came to power and have also gone through the back door to negotiate with PMB ( Nigerians are being fooled here)

Buhari needs to constitute his cabinet and show his governments direction or else we we will still be going on a circle

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration: Two Months, Failed Promises, Zero Success... by Omenkata: 10:49am On Jul 29, 2015
kenny091:

Just sharap you know nothing mr man

ubulu eke

tell me what good he did rather than increase in bombing rate.

and it shows incompetence judging your life with others

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

All Boko Haram Suspects In Kuje Prison Have Escaped - Bashir Magashi / Cubana Chief Priest Campaigns For Sanwo Olu, Storms Campaign Ground / US Govt Reacts As Soludo Wins Anambra Election, States Demand For 2023 Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.